Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Played Rift beta up to level 10, and I can honestly say that it's a complete clone of WoW, with updated graphics. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

rift suck every1 know it , is a bad copy of wow .

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

I plan to play RIFT. I've been testing it for quite some time now. I'm not sure if I'll keep WoW'ing. I really hate pugging heroics and I refuse to pug raids with the state the game is in. Too many alts later, I find myself in limbo again, like I was the last year of Lich King. I doubt I'll ever stop WoW'ing for good. But thankfully my account will always be there waiting for me.

The folks that have whined about RIFT borrowing from other MMO's have to be young to the MMO market (not in age mind you, I don't play the trollolololo). There's a great chance that WoW was their first MMORPG, or at least the first investment of time into one. We said WoW ripped off others back then, and again with TBC and Achievements. Now, years later... I see it happening to RIFT by people who mistake themselves as game developers, or industry professionals. You're not devs guys. Game developers keep their damn mouths shut online, for good reason.

I like the class option choices. I get a vague feeling of "this just plays right" when I've played a Mage, or a Fighter. I haven't dug too deep into cleric or rogue. No game, including WoW has hit me the way Rift has. I don't expect the game to succeed how fans predict. I expect it to show the market that you can make a game polished like WoW, that will attract players who don't like WoW.

TLDR: They're games guys. They're games that offer us as gamers a choice of what to play. And best of all... NO ONE is forced to play any of them. Hating on a game is like hating pizza. It just makes you a sad, sad person.
    Last edited by Steampunk; 2011-02-06 at 03:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot237 View Post
    So lately I got into Rift beta, and of course everyone talks about WoW, and on this forum especially the "We're not in Azeroth anymore" thread, people seem to hate on Rift. Well i was wondering, what do all of you think Rift is like? Personally, i think it's a better, and similar version of WoW yet different in MANY areas, such as the souls and the immense Rift invasions where you have like 30 people in a particular raid group to kill some very tough bosses (health wise). Also for just a beta version, the number of glitches is incredibly low and smooth gameplay.

I feel it takes the problems of WoW, and improves them (such as numerous talent possibilities, i'm an altoholic in WoW and get tired of the same crap over and over, this is endless possibilities in Rift. Also, the graphics are much nicer (which is obvious, since WoW is 6 years old). Overall i just think it's a better game, without having any experience with end game so far so i can't give an opinion on that. So what do all of you think about both games, what do you hate about rift, or what do you hate about WoW?
    I feel it's just like Aion, AoC, Warhammer, and so forth. It has that great new feeling, but after the first month, it fades and people will come crawling back to this game.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimegamax View Post
    I for one was in the Rift Beta for a week.. and I hated it. Sure at first, I thought it was kind of cool. But then I realised : Hey.. What did they bring to the table with this game? Heres what they added :

- Rifts
    - More Talent Trees and class possibilitys

I mean, Rift does not even have a specific lore.. Which sucks since I like story oriented games.

Now before you guys rage, I have not played WoW for 1 month.. So I am not a WoW Lover, im just pointing out my point of view.
    This exactly. Before any "lul wow is shite" tards go ahead and flame me, I've stopped playing WoW near New Year's Eve, I might go back soon, but to be honest, I have no interest in Rift. Only in GW2, and that's because it's F2P. (So why not give it a try, it's probably better than the crap games which cost a lot and last for some days)
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2011-02-06 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerth View Post
    This. RIFT really isn't an original game at all... I've played it in beta and sure it feels nice and new for a while, but then you kind of start noticing how much they just blatantly ripped off WoW... Then again, RIFTS are just basically a revamped version of outdoor bosses, which leaves us with only the talent trees on the RIFTs side of the table.

In addition to that like the OP said, needing 30 people in your group to kill a boss which does nothing but auto attack and 1 aoe just because he has retardedly large health pool does not appeal to me.
    WoW isn't particularly original and it seems to have done pretty well for itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Question to those who say Rift isn't original: Was WoW original when it came out? If I remember correctly Blizzard just took other ideas and made it to something new. And I think that is what Trion Worlds is trying with Rift.
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

Not playing WoW anymore as I'm bored and tried out Rift despite the info, screenshots and videos not looking so great, just to give it a fair chance. It's mediocre at best. The quests are all boring. The first half hour or so of the starting area is the only part that seems to have a story, after that it's all boring unrelated kill x number of this, gather that, etc quests. While there seems to be alot of variation and customisation with the possible talent tree combinations, there are alot of very samey talents and skills. The combat is slow paced and boring, with very clunky animations. Rifts are interesting at first, but it gets old fast as they're all pretty much the same. The world is empty and uninteresting, even with rifts appearing now and then to spice it up a little. Came across some huge bugs in this current beta, the worst of which left me stuck floating in mid air, unable to move, teleport, logout or exit the game. The graphics and the engine itself are awful and the only things that look remotely presentable are the models of the playable races.

Basically, this is another overhyped MMO that people are getting overexcited for as they are desperately trying to escape WoW. The new MMO smell wears off quickly when you realise it's exactly the same as WoW, just nowhere near as refined (yes yes, WoW isn't that refined, Rift is just worse). I advise anyone slightly curious to get into the beta before it ships so you can decide for yourself if you want to give it shot. I personally will be waiting for Guild Wars 2 which is actually trying to do something different that the standard MMO formula.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    Why, exactly?
    Because I hear how amazing Rift is and I'm tired of hearing about it?
    "Before them the earth shakes, the heavens tremble, the sun and the moon darkened, and the stars no longer shine."

Quote Originally Posted by Daerth View Post
    In addition to that like the OP said, needing 30 people in your group to kill a boss which does nothing but auto attack and 1 aoe just because he has retardedly large health pool does not appeal to me.
    you don't 'need' 30 people...you need someone that can heal and someone that can tank and a dps or 2....the 'bosses' get stronger (more health, hit harder) with more people in the vicinity. You don't just automatically lose if you don't have a full raid..also someone just a few levels higher can solo the final phase of the rift pretty easy

Remember Aion? Lineage II? AoC? WAR?
    Oh yeah...all "WoW killers"...

So what do all of you think about both games, what do you hate about rift, or what do you hate about WoW?
    Question like that aims for flamewars. inb4 mod closes the thread.

Anyways, new MMO shouldn't aim to be WoW. Even if it succeeds to be WoW, people have already played that game for years. Theres gotta be something new, something you can't compare between (apart from "mm I enjoy this lore").

Grafix is double-edged thing, as someone already mentioned lower requirements allow bigger playerbase. Althou I don't mind gfx updates (dota -> hon was job well done, for example), those shouldn't be only good thing in MMO.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by JeffOFth3HORDE View Post
    yeah i tried rift beta and i run 60 fps on my computer for wow and i get like 10 on lowest graphics with low quality renderer for rift. >.< Also because of them trying to make their graphics more realistic, low quality is absolutely horrendous. im probably gonna go play xbox because wow just doesnt interest me anymore. T.T
    I'm not sure what Beta you were in, but Beta 6 has apparently improved a shit load of framerates, i never did Beta 1-5 but i hear people constantly talking about how much higher their FPS is on beta 6, and mine on very maximum settings im running at 30 fps still, which isnt bad

Quote Originally Posted by Il Impiccato View Post
    Because I hear how amazing Rift is and I'm tired of hearing about it?
    you ever going to show me that post where people claim rift will kill wow? or you just going to ignore me.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mornus View Post
    WoW isn't particularly original and it seems to have done pretty well for itself.
    WoW hasn't been inventive, but it's always been innovative.

We as people are simple and are hearts get somewhat offended when another company uses the same tactics Blizzard did. At least understanding that makes the blow a lil softer for most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Started playin rift and loved it.... got to lvl 13 and loved it even more cause that's when u get ur other souls and u can mix and match like crazy! I love rift and wow for diff reasons but I lovee rift more for the fact that its new and new shit is always nice =)
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

I'm not sure what Beta you were in, but Beta 6 has apparently improved a shit load of framerates, i never did Beta 1-5 but i hear people constantly talking about how much higher their FPS is on beta 6, and mine on very maximum settings im running at 30 fps still, which isnt bad
    Yeah, I had improved framerates in this beta... then I realised that the newest patch had set some of my settings lower and you couldn't select specific antialiasing anymore. When I whacked everything back up to max, my framerates halved and it looked like crap again.

I will say that it is better than WoW, but I will still not play it because of the same tired questing system thats been used since the 90s. I leveled to 23 and tanked a few dungeons, and really didn't enjoy it much at all, but at least some of the minor improvements made me enjoy it better than the current WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    I love rift and wow for diff reasons but I lovee rift more for the fact that its new and new shit is always nice =)
    This is probably the reason I'm giving it a shot ^^
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

How many more rift threads do we need?

Could you not simply made your post in any of the other 9001 threads rehashing all this?