Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I log on maybe once a week to maybe do Baradin hold and possibly help my guild with raiding if they need anything, Cataclysm kept me occupied for a for almost 2 months, now i`m just waiting for the next content patch .... -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really. It's stayed about the same as it was when I was in college for my last semester. There is always something for me to do.

My guild just stepped into raiding now that everyone is geared up. I have dailies I can do but I've never been much of a daily person.
    I have alts to level and another 85 to gear up some more. We do Olde raids every week. Usually some odd rep and we pick out a set of cheeves to do as a guild. Like soon the people who don't have Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man will be getting their drakes.

I suppose it's only boring if you don't have anything to do but with endless possibilities on things to do it's just the player that limits themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightitup View Post
    Back in Wrath, I remember always having something to do. I don't know what it is but Cataclysm just doesn't seem very thrilling to me.

Has anyone else reduced their playing time to practically nothing because there's really nothing to achieve or work for?
    Post your thoughts please.
    Yeah, my playtime has dropped substantially since I cancelled my subscription a month ago. :P

Back in TBC, they could still get away with the graphic engine excuse -The "cartoony" as an excuse for blatantly sh*t graphics engine just didn't cut it for me anymore. My main was 85 and exalted with all factions in a few weeks and finished every quest soon thereafter. Couldn't be arsed to level another of my 10 other lvl 80's as well. I got another alt from 1~30ish, but got so damn bored. This expansion was a hell of rip-off imo. Scores of my guildies quit as well. From a 25 man guild, we couldn't even put regular 10's together.

To aggravate matters, for the first time, to alleviate the monotony of WoW, I bought about about a dozen 2-year old games for PC and started playing a ton of arcade, FPS, and other games and then when I logged back into WoW, I suffered severe pixelation deprivation issues.

So, keep the posts for Rift, GW2, SWTOR coming. Rift looks like WoW, but what cataclysm should have been imo - a complete rewrite of old zones and new graphics engine.

i played so much efore cataclysm, now i almost never play, doesnt interest me anymore.

Oh yes.

Back in TBC I played for 8 hours/day, now I login to check my stuff on AH, do some dailies.

Happened to me in LK 2009, took a year break (came back mid 2009 then quit again) and started fully playing again at around march 2010, the game felt awesome again, still has. So try and take a massive break from the game like 1 year or so then come back and see how you feel worked for me, cause nevertheless all you people WILL return at some point in time just to see how wow is going and whatnot.

Deleted
    For those who are asking "Cataclysm is missing something" i am getting bored etc.. I can tell you what it is.

In any other xpac you could run 25man with your guild and do 10mans with your friends in the same content.
    Example... I used to make TOC25hc or ulduar 25 with my guild and then I would help a couple of mates with uldu 10man or TOC25/10 in normal mode or even pug with a few mates toc10hc.

Instead of spending dumb time aming heroics i would spend my time raiding with mates. back then in wotlk per example we used to have even in 3.0.
    Naxx10, naxx25, eoe10, eoe25, sart10, sarth25. and then we would have uldu10 uldu25, toc10, toc25, toc10hc, toc25h, icc10, icc25.

Now you have.
    BWD, BOT, TOTFW either 10 or 25, either normal or heroic u cant mix.

you went from lets say in 3.0, 6 places to go where u could play them seriously with guild when 25man and then in 10man with mates less seriouse.

Basically I understand that blizzard wants to make a guild more of a seriouse business where you have to have 1 in the most of the cases to be able to progress.

Back then you could do it more easly when you were more casual/guildless.

Atm i find myself ina good guild with a good progress, but if i didnt had this guild i would be wandering trying to pug or making heroics only... and heroic tbh do not replace the fun times i used to have when i asked my mates to boost my alts in the faceroll 10mans =)

Blizzard lost one place where some casuals used to hang out.
    Atm they are taking the ICC buff model into the heroics and perhaps they will implement it in the future for raids, so players with less time/skill can go there.

Do I agree with this in my personal opinion? well i dont give a shit... my care glasses are just not equipped atm.

If I stop enjoying the game I stop and go play something else without QQ.

If I think blizzard is doing the right thing? well only a few %% of ppl come on forums.
    Therefore if u have lets say 20% of the players on forums and only 50% of those dont like it.
    Means u have 10% not liking the current model, they can try to please this 10% but then a bigger %% would be displeased.

Thats why some ppl get pissed at blizzard by not making some changed and say its working as intended, perhaps have u considered that 90% > 10%?
    and maybe you are just wrong as long as the other 9.9999%?

Just asking

Deleted
    I dont know what happend to me but nowdays i usually logg in for arenas only 2-4h per week.

Deleted
    My play time has decreased as well In wrath i loved pugging 10 man raids and doing 25 with my guild, but now due to the shared raid locks has eliminated that option for me. I can't really explain why I'm not enjoying this expansion as much as i did BC or Wrath, it just feels stale. I'd only play about 5 hours a week now compared to nearly 30 hours average in wrath. Picked up Final Fantasy VII for the first time and am completely addicted to it now

10+ Year Old Account
    my playtime on WoW has drastically reduced from beeing online non-stop to 1-3hours a day, i'm more focusing on playing other games like bioschok2 and sc2

edit: + school taking a quite some time atm
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-02-06 at 01:45 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    absolutly /sign lightitup

its not that i think cata is bad, i think its absolutely great, but somehow i decreased my gaming time from one to another day by about 95%...strange things srsly

Deleted
    Yeah it has, but not because I'm bored of WoW. I got tons of new games for Christmas (Steam sale and all that) so completing those takes a lot of time away. However, I'm logging in as much as I did during Wrath now I think.

Anyone who trades WoW for Rift needs to seriously reevaluate that decision. Rift is almost an exact copy excluding the different graphics, ridiculous customisation and those cheesy 'level up' announcements. I say different graphics because it doesn't actually look better than WoW. It's more realistic, but just not beautiful like Azeroth and Outland. The customisation is going to make balance complete hell for the developers and identifying someone as a certain spec looks like it will be impossibly difficult. The game, to me, is what the end result would be if Koreans were to develop the original WoW. The notifications for leveling up or completing something.. the story/'lore'.. it's incredibly lame. Not to mention that it has about 4 different races in total. Boring. It's like trading in any high quality German car for some (coincidentally) Korean trash.

EDIT: I think in the case of non-raiders, raids being harder to pug and gear being somewhat more challenging to obtain contributes to quite a few people playing quite a bit less. Oh, and, the merging of 10 and 25 raid locks.
    Last edited by mmocd1e1b40705; 2011-02-06 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It did reduce drastically for me because well.. I haven't got much time and the things I would like to do such as PvP are honestly ridiculously unbalanced. To not even mention the vast amount of time I've to put into "grinding honor" just to be one shot for the next few weeks.

And well leveling characters feels boring now (all my chars are 80). It takes too long, either that or it just feels that way.

I quit a week after cata. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I am playing minecraft instead of wow FTW
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Deleted
    PvP doesn't feel right, and that's my main reason for playing.
    I don't know why, and can't explain how, but it just doesn't feel "right".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm practically a raid logger now. But its probably because I've just started college, strayed away from my old friends (they were going a path I didn't want to, lets say) and made some new ones. Spending more time in the infamous "sun" and loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightitup View Post
    Back in Wrath, I remember always having something to do.
    Can you try to elaborate what those things were that you remember always doing in WotLK between raids?

Do your daily heroic random, slacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Deleted
    Completely the same as the OP, I literally log on to raid..raid..then log off, I have next to no inclination to do anything anymore..I think the game is just getting very old now, especially for people who either play ALOT or have played since day 1 (both of these being me >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by Kharismal Abyss View Post
    Before Cataclysm came out I used to play 6 or more hours a day, now I play maybe 2 hours every 3 or 4 days.
    This basically ^

I log on raid for 2 hours on tuesday, maybe do my JC daily that day, if not meh. Raid for like 3-4 hours on Thursday. Fuck around on an alt for an hour or two on the weekend, maybe. I don't even do my transmute daily anymore.