Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    In this thread; fanboys defend "their" game.

I still don't know why people argue over such pathetic things, do you really care of Bob over there thinks WoW is better than Rift? Did you help develop Rift? Do you have some sort of financial stake in its future?
    Thats what I wonder and thats why I made this thread. It seems to me the grass roots advertising will yeild more players then the TV spots or game mag ads combined. IF that is the case go get paid for it. IF Not, then stop being a dupe and just play your game and stop acting like a drug addict who can't get high alone.

@ probert : I agree and I hope Curse does open up a rift site. It is not a bad game at all. Join date does not increase or decrease the validity of what is posted btw. Just saying. Seeing the trend for rift stuff being dumped in the video game section I chose to put it here and save a mod time in moving it.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-02-06 at 10:59 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I think his point is that you are on a website dedicated to World of Warcraft and telling people that you are leaving and then, sometimes, proceeding to "gloat" about other mmo's or games. Although it is fine if you leave, nearly everyone who sees the thread wont care, its annoying to see thread after thread after thread of people saying that they are leaving for all the same reasons as one another, acting as though people care that they leave. Its also not a problem that you talk about other mmo's, even though this is a World of Warcraft fansite, it seems odd that you don't go to a website dedicated to Aion, RIFT, Guild Wars, etc rather than discuss those mmo's on a World of Warcraft fansite.

For the record, you are acting very condescending. You seem as though you are trying to make yourself out to be better than the OP when, in reality, you are just coming off as a jerk.
    That's funny, I thought this was an MMO forum no? I guess mmo-champion should change their name to wow-champion to avoid this conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbabyjd View Post
    That's funny, I thought this was an MMO forum no? I guess mmo-champion should change their name to wow-champion to avoid this conflict?
    Not this again, WoW is the champion of MMO's thats why the name is MMO-Champion.

But seriously, someone link the post about Bibi saying that this is actually a WoW fansite.
    Hi

Fun fact:
    This site is called MMO-Champion.
    Note the MMO.
    WoW is a MMO. Rift is a MMO.
    Totally acceptable to talk about.

I know that WoW is currently the MMO with the largest subscriber base, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the BEST MMO, as it very very often comes down to personal taste AND how much people actually want to play cartoonish characters over newer models as they have in the newer MMO's.

Count how many times I said MMO now.
    It's a fun thing to say in real...MMO. Em em oo

@Nest
    Bibi actually also once said:
    "Have to put something else on the front page to once in a while, else this site doesn't deserve to be called MMO-Champion."
    Hence why we see MMO-Report, even though it's not ALWAYS about WoW.
    He reports new things every now and then in regards of other MMO's to, just not as much as WoW.

Need to dive into his posts to find that specific quote tho, just posting from memory.
    Last edited by Benitora; 2011-02-06 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/317-Sports

Go straighten these guys out too. How dare people have interests outside of the video game you devote your life too!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They make people like me look like a complete tool. Please understand that there are those of us that are quitting and not shoving that fact down peoples throats every 14 seconds.

-Love, Krayzz

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Its not that you guys are leaving, i can understand that and its fine. Its just that your group wont shut the hell up... you want to move onto a new game? That's fine, move on, more power to you. The point OP is making with such a small statement is that we (in general) do not care.
    Then I must question, who is making you read the posts?

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    In this thread; fanboys defend "their" game.

I still don't know why people argue over such pathetic things, do you really care of Bob over there thinks WoW is better than Rift? Did you help develop Rift? Do you have some sort of financial stake in its future?
    This thread has nothing to do with defense of a game. This thread is about the defense of someone to post about a game.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rum-Guidelines
    Welcome to the Video Games Forum! On these boards, we gather to discuss the wonders of video games across all platforms and genres.
    These people want to say "if you aren't posting about WoW then don't post here." Well that's all fine,except the rules/mods/owners apparently don't agree. So I suggest you take it up with them. I'm sure you can start a letter campaign to remove all of this "negativity" about WoW. Go ahead and write Curse, except well they also have stuff for other MMO's.

Any way that you want to look at it, there is only one problem with the RIFT threads. There are many of them. There is nothing wrong with posting in the off topic forums that they are going to quit WoW to play them. Hell I even encourage people to do it. Why? Well maybe Blizz will take a freaking hint and try to improve their game.

So I'm curious. Why would you go into the off topic forum, into a thread about RIFT if you don't want to hear about it? I'm pretty sure the site does NOT automatically redirect you to this forum. I'm also fairly certain you are not forced into this forum either. So please, educate those of us that don't understand on exactly what strange set of circumstances has forced you into this forum and then forces you to go into those threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    Have you ever looked at the front page of mmo-champion? It is very obvious that it's a WoW site.
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    meaning: wow is the champion of MMOs. simply because there's no wow in the url doesn't mean the site isn't dedicated to wow (as you can clearly see if you ever read the frontpage).
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Bouboille made a front-page post a looong time ago (Think it was in vanilla or BC), where he explained that WoW was such a big game, and required so much info to be posted, that MMO-CHamp was gonna be dedicated to WoW.

He kept the name MMO-champion so that he wouldn't have to change the sites name when WoW falls.

Besides, WoW IS champion of MMO, so it only makes sense that a WoW-site is named MMO-Champion^^
    Angry fanboys are repping hard tonight. Why are you getting upset because people are talking about a game other than wow? How does it detract from the forum?

Reality check: mmo's front page may be dedicated to mostly wow news but the site is owned by curse and they promote a lot of other games unrelated to wow. Since you all claim to be so familiar with the front page surely you have noticed the RIFT adds that have been plastered on it for weeks. I wonder who gets the money for those...
    Last edited by Rust in Peace; 2011-02-06 at 11:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    Angry fanboys are repping hard tonight. Why are you getting upset because people are talking about a game other than wow? How does it detract from the forum?

Reality check: mmo's front page may be dedicated to mostly wow news but the site is owned by curse and they promote a lot of other games unrelated to wow. Since you all claim to be so familiar with the front page surely you have noticed the RIFT adds that have been plastered on it for weeks. I wonder who gets the money for those...
    Wowhead advertises other games all the time. Your point is what? It's an ad, ads bring in money, who cares what it's an ad for as long as it's appropriate.

mmo-champ's front page is dedicated to WoW... how many times have you seen news of other games there?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    M-M-O champion. Not "W-O-W champion".
    Is there a difference anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Wowhead advertises other games all the time. Your point is what? It's an ad, ads bring in money, who cares what it's an ad for as long as it's appropriate.

mmo-champ's front page is dedicated to WoW... how many times have you seen news of other games there?
    Wowhead seems like a poor example because they are owned by ZAM which runs databases for plenty of games, and in general covers all MMOs. Much like Curse. Not say you're wrong - you could of just picked a better example.

Also I see the MMO-Report once a week. =]

Seriously, this is a World of Warcraft fan site. People shouldn't argue that. However this is the off topic section of said site with the intention of promoting conversation on other games. Its also possible to completely hide the off topic section on the recent forum post tracker. For all intents and purposes those interested solely in Warcraft can completely ignore this part of the site.

It would seem to me that the people who come in here are seeking conflict nothing more nothing less.

Believe it or not I'm leaving WoW because I'm actually unhappy with WoW and Blizzard. It has nothing to do with Rift. I expect I'll go play some free-to-play until SW:ToR hits, then check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Not this again, WoW is the champion of MMO's thats why the name is MMO-Champion.

But seriously, someone link the post about Bibi saying that this is actually a WoW fansite.
    First point is wrong. It was called MMO-Champion as it was supposed to cater to other MMOs too. See below quote taken from an interview with Boubouille.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    The original plan was to include other MMOs, but I didn't expect the WoW part of the site to be so popular. It takes all my time now, and I don't think you will see any other MMO covered on MMO-Champion.

I really want to talk about a few other games like EVE Online or Diablo 3 -- but it won't be on MMO-Champion, and I won't do it until I have the time to do something nice with each site. I don't really want to use MMO-Champion's popularity to launch tons of new sites and just report official posts for every MMOs out there without any further research.
    Does prove your second point though, this is just a WoW fansite.

Yes I am being paid by Blizzard to make multiple threads on the official RIFT forums posting that I'm going to quit RIFT to play wow

Deleted
    ... 95% of people who said they will quit wow to play rift will come back to wow in less then 2 months, like all other mmo games since wow came.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    It's a WoW forum, posts about "ZOGM WOW SUX IM' QUITING" aren't necessary.

Oh hey look, 1337 posts.
    Why does it say videogames and not only wow? And the site actually doesnt say wowchampion it says mmochampion. Not saying it isnt a wow fansite, but its a post on the videogames part of the forums so why not talk about other games?
    Last edited by Romer; 2011-02-07 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by illulina View Post
    ... 95% of people who said they will quit wow to play rift will come back to wow in less then 2 months, like all other mmo games since wow came.
    Actually from what I've found in the off topic section a lot of people have already been away from game for more then a couple of months. I also think your view is flawed in other ways but whatever I'm not getting into the whole kill this kill that debate.

RIFT is totally gonna be better than WoW!

Just like Vanguard...and Warhammer... and Age of Conan... and Aion... and Final Fantasy XIV (how'd that one turn out for ya?)... and...

Seriously though most of us are just sick of these threads because you guys have said the exact same thing about the last dozen big MMOs that launched. You were wrong about every other game you thought was gonna topple WoW. You've been wrong on a regular basis for the last five years, so why should we listen to you now? Really, go back and look at what people were posting about any of the games I just mentioned right when they launched. Read the old posts and just substitute Rift in place of the other game's name and they're all virtually identical.

Quote Originally Posted by gx240 View Post
    RIFT is totally gonna be better than WoW!

Just like Vanguard...and Warhammer... and Age of Conan... and Aion... and Final Fantasy XIV (how'd that one turn out for ya?)... and...

Seriously though most of us are just sick of these threads because you guys have said the exact same thing about the last dozen big MMOs that launched. You were wrong about every other game you thought was gonna topple WoW. You've been wrong on a regular basis for the last five years, so why should we listen to you now? Really, go back and look at what people were posting about any of the games I just mentioned right when they launched. Read the old posts and just substitute Rift in place of the other game's name and they're all virtually identical.
    Actually I was playing wow up until a week ago have been for 5 years, I am just tired of it and want something else. Doesnt even need to be something new just something that isnt wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    It's a WoW forum, posts about "ZOGM WOW SUX IM' QUITING" aren't necessary.
    It's a wow forum yes, but the thread is in the correct Off-Topic section, therefore making it relevant to the location