Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gx240 View Post
    RIFT is totally gonna be better than WoW!

Just like Vanguard...and Warhammer... and Age of Conan... and Aion... and Final Fantasy XIV (how'd that one turn out for ya?)... and...

Seriously though most of us are just sick of these threads because you guys have said the exact same thing about the last dozen big MMOs that launched. You were wrong about every other game you thought was gonna topple WoW. You've been wrong on a regular basis for the last five years, so why should we listen to you now? Really, go back and look at what people were posting about any of the games I just mentioned right when they launched. Read the old posts and just substitute Rift in place of the other game's name and they're all virtually identical.
    Then please, feel free to not go into those threads. I don't understand why you guys are being forced to go into them. I would contact the site owner immediately and explain to him that there is a bug that is forcing you to go into threads you don't like. Can you please explain to us exactly what is happening that is causing this bug.

I'm baffled that its assumed every time a new game comes out its the same people leaving. Plenty of people looking for a new game to play now, or moving over to Rift, have only recently started looking around - the Video Game section of this website is testament to that if you just look around.

I'm disgusted that some of you people think you bring valid points rather then incoherent ramblings about how all of the other games didn't succeed thus new ones, with no association to the prior failures, must also fail. Its like me saying I fail at leveling thus all players must also fail at leveling. Its faulty.

I've played this game for 6 years - I have no intentions of quitting in the short term - I only might consider it for Star Wars and only after I sit down and play the game will the option even be on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    M-M-O champion. Not "W-O-W champion".
    MMO-champion, the one stop shop for all your WoW information needs.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    MMO-champion, the one stop shop for all your WoW information needs.
    I says that on the website?

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    It's a WoW forum, posts about "ZOGM WOW SUX IM' QUITING" aren't necessary.

Oh hey look, 1337 posts.
    It's a WoW forum that has places to speak of other things that are gasp, not wow.

The trolling/crying/whinging/flaming is coming mainly from the WoW fanboys in denial that another MMO on this earth cannot possibly exist.
    I play both games, but am sticking with RIFT for now for 2 reasons : 1) Having huge amounts of fun (how long the fun lasts i dont care) ... 2) Massive amounts of customization available at my disposal.
    2 things WoW doesn't have at this moment in time, and don't look like having in the near future (being carbon copy clones of everyother guy in SW does not appeal to me). Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    The trolling/crying/whinging/flaming is coming mainly from the WoW fanboys in denial that another MMO on this earth cannot possibly exist.
    I play both games, but am sticking with RIFT for now for 2 reasons : 1) Having huge amounts of fun (how long the fun lasts i dont care) ... 2) Massive amounts of customization available at my disposal.
    2 things WoW doesn't have at this moment in time, and don't look like having in the near future (being carbon copy clones of everyother guy in SW does not appeal to me). Just my opinion.
    lol well said

Quote Originally Posted by gx240 View Post
    RIFT is totally gonna be better than WoW!

Just like Vanguard...and Warhammer... and Age of Conan... and Aion... and Final Fantasy XIV (how'd that one turn out for ya?)... and...

Seriously though most of us are just sick of these threads because you guys have said the exact same thing about the last dozen big MMOs that launched. You were wrong about every other game you thought was gonna topple WoW. You've been wrong on a regular basis for the last five years, so why should we listen to you now? Really, go back and look at what people were posting about any of the games I just mentioned right when they launched. Read the old posts and just substitute Rift in place of the other game's name and they're all virtually identical.
    First of all stop playing WoW for 16 hours a day it's unhealthy :L
    You don't need to enter every thread and defend it like a fanboy, sticking to one game will set you with an unhealthy mindset there are a lot of great (and different) games out there that appeal to people with different tastes than yourself. You might not like Aion, or RIFT for example but many others love it.
    And 2010 was a great year for Blizzard to really lay down their authority on the MMO scene, with all the other games coming out then and in the near future ... they could of developed a master piece and added such fantastic (fun, different, beautiful, exciting) content, but instead of doing that they release Cataclysm .. just lol.
    I thank RIFT for having the BETA during these times of gloom in the wow world.
    And although it's not really my cup of tea GW2 looks great to, put down WoW (not permanently i mean) and try other games - you might suprise yourself.

Deleted
    shall we flip the coin? yes lets,

god im sick of all the posts about people QQing about nerfs lets put them in one place and have a thread 1000 pages long

also its debatable whether this is actually in the correct section as its the off topic part therefore not a section about wow but has a post about wow in it

in regards to whether or not this is a wow fan site,it cleary is.
    Last edited by mmoce4953acd17; 2011-02-07 at 04:54 AM.

I'm sure Trion is beating off with the money they've saved on advertising.
    Noone can go back and change the past, but you can start from now and change the future.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    If not give it a rest, or send them a bill for your advertising services.
    i would suspect the opposite that all of the wow fanbois are the ones on the zombie list. They don't get paid, they don't get anything other than on everyone's nerves. It's like they're brainwashed to say "oh look another wowkiller like aoc, aion, blah blah blah".

losers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    LOL someone can't accept that not everyone is happy with WoW. Well here is your surprise buddy. Some people don't like WoW anymore. I know, it's shocking. Some of them want to move on somewhere that they actually enjoy. Now here is the part you won't understand at all. They want to discuss things with others with similar interests. It's called a sense of community. You see this is the OFF TOPIC area, and more specifically the VIDEO GAME sub forum. So they come here to chat with others who like video games, and then to share their experiences.

Now I must ask, are you paid by blizz to try and cover their ass. If not, why does it matter to you that so many are leaving WoW. If you still enjoy the game, play it. It shouldn't matter to you who is leaving for what game. That's their concern. Now I will 100% agree if they start posting them in the general forum. That forum is all about WoW and it would be wrong. In this particular forum though it's fine.

What you should do instead of try to get people to stop talking about the fact that they are moving is try to figure out why they are leaving. Then you can suggest to blizz that they improve those areas of the game. Of course, it will be hilarious when your post is promptly deleted while you receive a temp ban from them.
    It's just a tad annoying with the amount of RIFT threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    It's just a tad annoying with the amount of RIFT threads.
    THIS, so much this!
    I just looked at first page of Video games forums, there were 20 non-sticky topics.
    Guess what, 13 of them were about Rift. Seriously, it's annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    this is relevant

when ALL but one of the topics i see in video games are about rift, es un problema.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    THIS, so much this!
    I just looked at first page of Video games forums, there were 20 non-sticky topics.
    Guess what, 13 of them were about Rift. Seriously, it's annoying.
    Ocd can be devastating with so many rift topics

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    this is relevant

when ALL but one of the topics i see in video games are about rift, es un problema.
    I agree, I am a rift fan and the number of threads is out of control, some mergers need to happen IMHO.

they're paying me $5 for every post

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were about Swtor or GW2 in 10months time or whenever they both are finally released i could understand.

But people sperging over a random unproved MMO which will drop to below 100k within a month are hilarious.
    Shadows are cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    Personally I don't have anything against people that leave WoW but, it seriously annoys me that everyone, yes really EVERYONE, has to start a new thread about it
    For the record, I didn't.

Also. ZOMG CONSPIRACIES!

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    If not give it a rest, or send them a bill for your advertising services.
    You whining about them whining is just as annoying <,<