Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Remind me - what's the difference between spamming PoH and spamming PW:S again? (Other than PoH is of course even simpler...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisala View Post
    Why on earth would you want to spam one button endlessly?
    because we would be viable again as raid healers with no mana problems and would be up there with the other healers...i don't see resto druids now as a must have healer in raids right now,how it was in wotlk...

Honestly...when i played a priest, in pve content, spamming PW:S was fun, it gave me a lot of mobility and gave me a very "key" feeling. I hope they dont find a way to nerf PWs because there are plenty of people who like me, do enjoy this playstyle. Sure I like the notion of having other healing spells, but the problem with those spells is that theyre just too cost inefficient for the most part. I liked WoTLK style healing, having fast efficient heals made the fight feel more aggressive to me instead of just a boring fight where im more against my mana bar than the boss.

I'm with you there, Nominal.

Quote Originally Posted by Balladar View Post
    Blizzard could implement a system where you can only use a certain number of shields in a time space.For instance , 5 shields every 20s. That would stop shield spam and keep disc a good tank healer.
    That is just like saying when you beacon of light someone, once you heal 10 times, it disappears. Honestly, it is people QQing after when Disc got their well deserved buff. Shields absolutely did nothing before the patch. I kinda of looked at PW:S as a way to put Weakened Soul on my target so my crit goes up. Now, FINALLY they last for more than 1/2 a second. And I can tell you that at least 70% of the raiding community would pick a pally over a disc priest to tank heal.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I could see Bliz giving PW:S a higher mana cost...people forget PW:S is one of discs main selling points...if its not very useful (like it was before) the whole idea of an absorption healing spec is ruined and you might as well play holy.
    Bolded.

Disc is also playing with your critical heals. Via Weakened Soul or Grace. Disc is more efficient on using multiple heals on a single target. People seem to forget that Disc has Divine Aegis. Which that alone does at least 20% of my healing, and PW:S does about 35% - 45%
    Last edited by KnickKnack; 2011-02-10 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I agree with this. It seems the most simple solution. Just take away Soul Warding / Reduce it to 2-3 sec CD instead of no CD
    It would be a simple solution in that it would be easy to implement and would immediately bring a stop to the level of shield spamming that threatens to recur in well-geared, well-mana-returned groups. But simple is not always best, nor simple.

The option to connect more than one PW:S cast in a row is not a bad thing until used to excess at the exclusion of other options because there are no better options for maximum HPS. There can be times where a few consecutive shields fired on GCD are appropriate, but there needs to be some sort of penalty levied against their continual use.

Also, applying a longer net CD to PW:S further hurts discipline's already-lacking array of mobile tools. Currently we have PoM (on CD), Renew, Holy Nova (highly situational), and PW:S. Being able to toss a few consecutive PW:S's while making positional adjustments is a good thing, affording us a solid HPS tool during our 'kryptonite' moments where we're short our other strong healing tools; raising that CD leaves us extremely underequipped for mobile healing.

Looks like CUTIES ONLY killed nefarien last night.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5026&e=5586

And looks like they had their holy priest go Disc for dual disc priest goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyleiran View Post
    Looks like CUTIES ONLY killed nefarien last night.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5026&e=5586

And looks like they had their holy priest go Disc for dual disc priest goodness.
    And look how less efficient it is with two discipline priests.
    I imagine it was to make use of two power word barriers.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomial17 View Post
    Honestly...when i played a priest, in pve content, spamming PW:S was fun, it gave me a lot of mobility and gave me a very "key" feeling. I hope they dont find a way to nerf PWs because there are plenty of people who like me, do enjoy this playstyle. Sure I like the notion of having other healing spells, but the problem with those spells is that theyre just too cost inefficient for the most part. I liked WoTLK style healing, having fast efficient heals made the fight feel more aggressive to me instead of just a boring fight where im more against my mana bar than the boss.
    ok like i said i want rejuv to be the same as it was and the resto druid , mostly hots, then u can have your old ps:w if not please it needs a twich , it is not right that one healing class can heal with only 1 spell and do it verry well why they said that druids needed a nerf and that rejuv spamming is not what they want => pw:s must be a choice not a spell that you spam ; hope it gets nerfed a bit or at least bring it in line with all the other spells...

and also look at all the other healers, none of them has one spell at 50% healing done... it needs a nerf and other heals need a buff, and if it is that eficient that you can spam it and not go om then probably it needs a raised mana cost to prevent you from spaming it .use your other heals even if they are not better then pw:s they might do the job for you
    Last edited by cretz; 2011-02-10 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cretz View Post
    ok like i said i want rejuv to be the same as it was and the resto druid , mostly hots, then u can have your old ps:w if not please it needs a twich , it is not right that one healing class can heal with only 1 spell and do it verry well why they said that druids needed a nerf and that rejuv spamming is not what they want => pw:s must be a choice not a spell that you spam ; hope it gets nerfed a bit or at least bring it in line with all the other spells...

and also look at all the other healers, none of them has one spell at 50% healing done... it needs a nerf and other heals need a buff, and if it is that eficient that you can spam it and not go om then probably it needs a raised mana cost to prevent you from spaming it .use your other heals even if they are not better then pw:s they might do the job for you
    Druids are already rejuv spamming.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    Druids are already rejuv spamming.
    ok check the logs, rejuv is not even at 40% healing done, in wotlk you had like 70% rejuv healing done and 30% wg , something like that , btw check the druid there 25% 25% 15 % 10% , that is how most of the healers logs should look like . 25% is not rejuv spamming at all lolz.....not 50% or 75% pw:s without going oom, if a druid wants to spam rejuv heal then he will prolly go oom and will be inneficient , that is what pw:s should be like to be in line with all the other heals....

Surely Power Shield-spamming will have its place in some instances, but it is definitely not "Dominant", not with how much mana it costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stooe View Post
    Surely Power Shield-spamming will have its place in some instances, but it is definitely not "Dominant", not with how much mana it costs.
    3 heroic encounters seem a lot to me for shield spamming, prolly there are more but i don't want to bother and search for them, pw:s it's too cost efficient .

Quote Originally Posted by nsevit View Post
    The fact is that those constant raid AOEs in Magmaw fight help to fully utilize the absorbs of the shields. It would less effective in less-aoe-intensive fights, say Maloriak. Not saying shield spamming is bad, only that it depends on situations.

BTW, 282k mana regen from rupture is amazing.
    cuz maloriak heroic's aoe is "LESS" intense...

ok check the logs, rejuv is not even at 40% healing done, in wotlk you had like 70% rejuv healing done and 30% wg , something like that , btw check the druid there 25% 25% 15 % 10% , that is how most of the healers logs should look like . 25% is not rejuv spamming at all lolz.....not 50% or 75% pw:s without going oom, if a druid wants to spam rejuv heal then he will prolly go oom and will be inneficient , that is what pw:s should be like to be in line with all the other heals....
    It's their number one healing spell with wildgrowth being 2nd. Pretty sure it's mostly rejuv spam.

If you can't figure that out, not sure what to tell you. Discipline priests have no burst raid healing capability, nor do they have a efficient raid heal every 8s.

Deleted
    For christs sake STOP your QQ already ..,....

You have no clue what your talking about.............
    You CANT spam PW:S cause it WILL OOM you very very fast.
    PW:S has a cooldown which is called weakened soul which prevents you from casting it on the same person ..............

And btw if you are so much worse in healing than a disc priest maybe YOU suck... cause our druid is in the same healing range as the disc priest.

And 3 encounters out of 13 where shield spamming is great isnt really OP.
    There are as many encounters where holy priests are as good or way better with their utility.........
    ANd you may not have noticed that holy pala Beacon is almost ALWAYS more than 50% healing done.

A disc priest cant spam the shield any more than a druid can spamm rejuv.
    Last edited by mmoc67a88798a6; 2011-02-10 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    It's their number one healing spell with wildgrowth being 2nd. Pretty sure it's mostly rejuv spam.

If you can't figure that out, not sure what to tell you. Discipline priests have no burst raid healing capability, nor do they have a efficient raid heal every 8s.
    so u compare 25% healing done with 50% healing done, tell me who is spamming what? if i see 25% , 25 % 15% 10 % that is not spamm healing ... u just got it wrong... spam healing used to happen in wotlk when druids were actualy healing with 2 spellsm maybe 3 most of the time , rejuv or wg, i don't see that on the logs atm, you are wrong by a mile ...

ah so ir's fair that they top healing meters by a mile from the other healers just by pressing 1 button , ok that is legit play, good job, balance is done? if shamans can spam chain heal , paladins holly light and druids rejuv like in wotlk with those numbers then pw:s how it is right now it would be normal ... since other have to work with weaker heals and think what they cast then so should the disc preist ...

this game is not about each healer beeing the same or having the same tools as the other, each class has it's tools and you have to use them how they are, atm pw:s is broken and it's in need of a fix...

3 heroic encounters seem a lot to me for shield spamming, prolly there are more but i don't want to bother and search for them, pw:s it's too cost efficient .
    idk maybe if there were more than 2 druids in the group but at a whopping 25% base mana cost, and Rapture only refunding 6% base mana @ complete absorb, giving everyone in your group a shield would render you OOM and yourself shield-less until one of the other shields die, and thats where the druids come in... but why play a style that makes you rely on other classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    For christs sake STOP your QQ already ..,....

PW:S has a cooldown which is called weakened soul which prevents you from casting it on the same person ..............

And btw if you are so much worse in healing than a disc priest maybe YOU suck... cause our druid is in the same healing range as the disc priest.

And 3 encounters out of 13 where shield spamming is great isnt really OP.
    There are as many encounters where holy priests are as good or way better with their utility.........
    ANd you may not have noticed that holy pala Beacon is almost ALWAYS more than 50% healing done.

A disc priest cant spam the shield any more than a druid can spamm rejuv.
    o really? so why do all the other preists talk about the blanketing with pw:s , i sugges you to go and check blizz forums , druids cannot blanket a raid with rejuv and be that effective ... a nerf is incoming, since wow is no more a 1 button spam , btw i am tanking, and please don't tell me i suck if u don't know stuff about me ok? thanks, with high pve gear u can spam pw:s no probs ... deal with it, it's op in relation with all the other heal and it needs to be brought in line with all the other heals ...

hf gl

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    Check some of the logs that have been posted. Disc priests are already hitting 75+% of their healing done in some fights via PW:S, so it isn't causing them to OOM. Do you not accept that this ability to spam PW:S will grow easier to do as we move past what is the first tier of content into gear that provides substantially higher mana pools and regen?