Thread: Smite?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smite?

So lets say I wanted to Smite dps,

Would this be better: http://wowtal.com/#k=1AX_bBn_.aei.priest.

Or this: http://wowtal.com/#k=bvW7MB4.aei.priest.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Eeeeveeeeeee
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

if you REALLY had to smite dps, and the focus was dps, you'd get optimal dps with chakra+evengalism. State of mind is lame now, just reduces the CD for chakra, not extend it, so...put the points in some other healing talent? lawl.

You don't NEED hit when using the glyph for SMITE ONLY. your holy fire will still have chances to miss ( you will want to holy fire with the glyph that ups smite damage when holy fire is on the target)

Other than that...yea...have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Fact!

Smite will crit constantly if you yell "SMITE!" very very VERY loud each time you cast it!

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    if you REALLY had to smite dps, and the focus was dps, you'd get optimal dps with chakra+evengalism. State of mind is lame now, just reduces the CD for chakra, not extend it, so...put the points in some other healing talent? lawl.

You don't NEED hit when using the glyph for SMITE ONLY. your holy fire will still have chances to miss ( you will want to holy fire with the glyph that ups smite damage when holy fire is on the target)

Other than that...yea...have fun!
    Are you saying that there is a glyph that prevents smite missing, or I am reading that wrong?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Fact!

Smite will crit constantly if you yell "SMITE!" very very VERY loud each time you cast it!

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 09:15 PM ----------

Are you saying that there is a glyph that prevents smite missing, or I am reading that wrong?
    There is, its called glyph of divine accuracy
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    There is, its called glyph of divine accuracy
    ^this. It grants 18% hit chance for your smite spell.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

How about smite spec for disc (healing)? Is it actually good? It just seems really counter intuitive to me and somehow wrong.

Are you trying to go Healing with smite offspec or just pure Smite dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    pure damage with holy spells, wana see if it can be done, and how well it can be done.

If it is also good at healing, fine with me.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2011-02-11 at 08:25 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    State of mind is lame now, just reduces the CD for chakra, not extend it, so...put the points in some other healing talent? lawl.
    I never saw the point in a talent that increases the duration of a spell that had a 30 second duration and 30 second cooldown. Can you explain to me why it is better now? I am probably missing something...

Who me? Just healing. My guild asked me to get a disc off-spec for healing sometimes (ewww!) and I skipped all the smite related talents because like I said it seems like something that would be more useful in pvp instead of pve. But being that I am mostly shadow I could be wrong.

I died a little inside upon reading this thread. Id say its a toss up between the two specs and only practice would confirm one way or the other.

Smite dps is pure win on halfus for those underestimating it! Probably some other tank-damage heavy bosses too, seen our priests doing decent healing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyna View Post
    Smite dps is pure win on halfus for those underestimating it! Probably some other tank-damage heavy bosses too, seen our priests doing decent healing with it.
    It's not anymore.

I would say something like this: http://wowtal.com/#k=1AL40zOn.aei.priest. Edit: This is what you already posted - I must have clicked the Holy one twice o_O

It gives you utility, Power Infusion - Increased hit for Holy Fire & Penance and the Inner Focus CD with Smite for Penance.. Haste.. Shorter Fiend for more dps.. Archangel and some healing talents.

It's not anymore.

I would say something like this: http://wowtal.com/#k=1AL40zOn.aei.priest. Edit: This is what you already posted - I must have clicked the Holy one twice o_O

It gives you utility, Power Infusion - Increased hit for Holy Fire & Penance and the Inner Focus CD with Smite for Penance.. Haste.. Shorter Fiend for more dps.. Archangel and some healing talents.
    yeah that's close to the dic smite spec I had, except I put more talents in the PW:S talents, 1 because they give haste when you use it, and do damage on taking damage, thought it could be a nice little dps booster, while granting haste and helping healers out.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

oh I totally missed Borrowed Time - woops!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    So lets say I wanted to Smite dps,

Would this be better: http://wowtal.com/#k=1AX_bBn_.aei.priest.

Or this: http://wowtal.com/#k=bvW7MB4.aei.priest.

If you did, then you wouldn't spec into shadow talents. You would get glyph of smite and smite your little heart out.

Deleted
    Well if you're to be Smite DPS I think it's more viable to go shadow in case you're looking for "DPS". But as hybrid it's pretty much a raid dps boost whilst healing. But there really is no spec for it I believe since Smite DPS is probably what people find useful when they are lvling.

But if you really are gonna stick to it then I'd suggest something like http://wowtal.com/#k=1AmPirfB.aei.priest. if you're solely wanting to DPS lol.

Aside from that there is the cookie cutter Disc Smite build if you're going for the hybrid version http://wowtal.com/#k=1AyhfFs.aei.priest.
    leaving you with a couple of points to tweak with

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle View Post
    If you did, then you wouldn't spec into shadow talents. You would get glyph of smite and smite your little heart out.
    because all the talents i picked increase my holy damage, 1 gives me haste, one lowers CD on on shadowfiend, giving me more mana and more damage, last talent gives me hit, yes i could just use smite but that would suck, if you put a holy fire on the target first you get 20% increased damage on smite, so you want that to hit,
    Gamdwelf the Mage