Vortex Pinnacle First Boss, PATCH 4.0.6

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in your thoughts on the first boss in vortex pinnacle since the patch has hit. As of now we can no longer just stack on the boss and rock out mass AOE heals, as the tornados kick us out. The problem is with the debuff our AOE casted heal, takes about 100 years to land, and I also find that people just run in any direction, way out of range of my heals, and its no easy task running around trying to find everyone. Just curious as to how everyone is doing on this boss with the changes? I also hate this boss (even before) because of the lighting effect on the ground, it makes it extremely hard to view the lightwell, and its hard enough to get people to click on it at the best of times. I might have to raid mark it.

You won't get the debuff if you run between the tornadoes when you run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Pretty much this.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

You should just stand at the edge of the inner circle and avoid tornadoes, the way this fight was intended to be.

Deleted
    Hi, Im a shaman healer. I put down an AE healing zone just like you. My other AE heal also needs people to stack up. Then again I have never once gotten the haste debuff on the encounter myself so my singletarget heals were fast enough to keep the people up. Not to mention that I usually do 2k dps on that boss without using a tank.

If you want people to stack up then just make everybody except the tank engage from behind. You still cover 360° to counter the spawning adds and the tornadoes will kick everybody on a stack just outside. Although you never should get the debuff as caster. NEVER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhi View Post
    You should just stand at the edge of the inner circle and avoid tornadoes, the way this fight was intended to be.
    this ^. Also have the entire group run out when tornadoes start coming in, and stack on the circle on the floor right in front of where you entered the boss platform. This will make the healers life a bit easier.

Yep so you can have everyone stack up like they did before, but when the tornadoes start coming in you all, tank included, need to run between the tornadoes out from the boss. Once the tornadoes are all in the middle you can attack him from just outside the tornadoes. Still can stack near the middle. The lightning appears to chain so make sure people are staying spread away from each other, but not all over the room.

When the tornadoes are about to spread out again back out a little so you can again run through the gap. Just remember they don't go straight out, they kind of spiral out so you have to really be careful and watch the tornadoes.

Getting a fast finger on a lifegrip mouseover helps in practically all heroic pugs - this boss is no exception.

Boss is harder than before but nowhere near hard at all.

Tell the people in your group that he was fixed and that they have to gtfo out the middle when he calls the tornados in and avoid them as much as possible and its almost the same cakewalk it was before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yea. But doesn't it just suck when you have to use tactics!

The Lightning Blasts from the clouds don't appear to chain - or if they do, it's a narrow range at best.

Anyway, since most AoE healing is required during the Cyclone Shield phase, I recommend placing the Lightwell on the outer ring, close to where you should be standing when he has his head in the clouds. That should be out of all the bright visuals going off and be visible.

As said, people can avoid the debuff by not hitting the cyclones - you included. Just stand close to your Lightwell (not too far out, or you will get zapped by the cyclones) and you should be fine most of the fight. Also, use all your insta-heals at that point: PoM and CoH, and possibly a SoL proc. Once the cyclones move out again and many people are fairly low on health, pop your Divine Hymn to get everyone back up - although that trick only works once during the fight due to the cooldown.

Since the tank doesn't get hit too bad, I'd recommend going Chakra: Sanctuary on this boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthadan View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am interested in your thoughts on the first boss in vortex pinnacle since the patch has hit. As of now we can no longer just stack on the boss and rock out mass AOE heals, as the tornados kick us out. The problem is with the debuff our AOE casted heal, takes about 100 years to land, and I also find that people just run in any direction, way out of range of my heals, and its no easy task running around trying to find everyone. Just curious as to how everyone is doing on this boss with the changes? I also hate this boss (even before) because of the lighting effect on the ground, it makes it extremely hard to view the lightwell, and its hard enough to get people to click on it at the best of times. I might have to raid mark it.
    I'd first like to say, props to Blizz for doing this, I'm glad they are implementing changes to force players to do encounters as intended, secondly, I only run with guild groups, and they know to run towards the staircase leading to him to I can aoe heal.

It's funny... I used to always do this boss by running out until one day my buddy was like "dude, WTF are you doing? That's not how it works". The way it originally was working was so wonky and counter-intuitive... I'm glad its working right now, haha.