Thread: BOOM, nerfed.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

BOOM, nerfed.

Shadow Power (Shadow priest mastery) is being changed from 25% to 15% of Shadow damage.

So now we're back to being an average dps with Dark Intent, completely shit without )))))))

Yep, the sky is falling! Time to delete, reroll, and never look back. I mean, that's how it usually is, right?

It was fun for a couple of days. Hope you guys enjoyed it

I sure did

dude it's only 10% on the dot , btw priest are still getting buff ( 30k mindblast nocrit :P)

Complain about multi-target fights tainting your DPS balancing. Join with Moonkins and have a protest so that fights like Nef, Valiona, Cho'gal, Omnitron and the like don't wind up causing nerfs to other fights. That or just enjoy that no one can touch you on a few important fights if you play properly.

Shadow Power is the passive 25% damage boost you get for speccing Shadow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyk View Post
    dude it's only 10% on the dot , btw priest are still getting buff ( 30k mindblast nocrit :P)
    not quite sure what you mean by that post.

I'm terrible at math but I worked it out to be a flat 8% nerf, to everything (except shadowfiend? :/)

that said the hotfix said the shadow power mastery...
    is 'shadow power' considered our mastery? I was under the impression our mastery was 'shadow orb power' - which is something very different

Deleted
    Nope. As the guy above said it is this that is being nerfed http://www.wowhead.com/spell=87327 and not this http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77486 unfortunately.

this is a bigger nerf than the increase we got in 4.06

This might be the dumbest knee-jerk nerf I have EVER seen in my time playing this game.

Don't nerf Dark Intent

Talkin about burst being a problem but then nerf our sustained damage output not our burst
    Don't nerf hunters even though their output is equivalent to both shadow and moonkin WITH dark intent, but they don't need any nerfs TOTALLY balanced right?

good god this is a new pinnacle of stupid. Does the blizzard balancing team get all its information from world of logs ? shadows priests have dark intent , encounters are tailor made for dot classes to be at the top of the meters.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Deleted
    You have to admit we were pretty much destroying the other classes in terms of damage as soon as we could get dots rolling on more than 1 target (especially if those targets were a distance apart and couldn't be cleaved), however i think a blanket nerf of 8% isn't going to help the problem, the problem is our dots, with the mastery buff in 4.06 and no change to dark intent. imo it would have made more sense to lower the damage done by our dots (not including MF) by changing their base values (just talking about VT, DP and SW:P for clarification), with that change and without Dark intent i believe we'd be sitting really comfortably in the 'our class is balanced' zone for single target DPS. we'd still be behind on straight up AoE, and behind on situations where melee can cleave, and we'd be ahead in this niche of 'cleaving two mobs far apart' which unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you see it) features prominently in this first tier of raiding.

If you want to get a feel of what this nerf is going to be like, try DPSing tonight's raid without Inner Fire. That's the kind of nerf you are looking at.

With that said, I am still quite sure that the damage you do without Inner Fire, will still be higher than pre-patch.

I'm not sure why they chose to nerf the shadow damage bonus instead of readjusting the numbers they changed in the patch.

This affects all shadow priests, whether level 18 or 85. It also affects mind sear, which certainly doesn't need a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    You have to admit we were pretty much destroying the other classes in terms of damage as soon as we could get dots rolling on more than 1 target (especially if those targets were a distance apart and couldn't be cleaved), however i think a blanket nerf of 8% isn't going to help the problem, the problem is our dots, with the mastery buff in 4.06 and no change to dark intent. imo it would have made more sense to lower the damage done by our dots (not including MF) by changing their base values (just talking about VT, DP and SW:P for clarification), with that change and without Dark intent i believe we'd be sitting really comfortably in the 'our class is balanced' zone for single target DPS. we'd still be behind on straight up AoE, and behind on situations where melee can cleave, and we'd be ahead in this niche of 'cleaving two mobs far apart' which unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you see it) features prominently in this first tier of raiding.
    were supposed to destroy on those fights It is the entire design of our dps style to dominate those fights. We are supposed to crush on twin dragons and maloriak hard mode. Nerfing us so hard because we over dominate fights we are designed to dominate is moronic. Fix dark intent before you do something this drastic.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

You were a bit OP spriests, so you got a little nerf, deal with it.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Critterbot View Post
    You were a bit OP spriests, so you got a little nerf, deal with it.
    If spriests were OP then why do hunters go untouched?

EDIT: To all that read this post and feel the inclination to think, "I MUST QUOTE THIS POST AND TELL HIM TO L2READ", I suggest you read the thread before you quote this, as it has been done literally a dozen times. You are not unique or special.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2011-02-15 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    were supposed to destroy on those fights It is the entire design of our dps style to dominate those fights. We are supposed to crush on twin dragons and maloriak hard mode. Nerfing us so hard because we over dominate fights we are designed to dominate is moronic. Fix dark intent before you do something this drastic.
    you want dark intent to make priests balanced? ok... as long as i can have my 12% damage back from 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    not quite sure what you mean by that post.

I'm terrible at math but I worked it out to be a flat 8% nerf, to everything (except shadowfiend? :/)

that said the hotfix said the shadow power mastery...
    is 'shadow power' considered our mastery? I was under the impression our mastery was 'shadow orb power' - which is something very different
    http://stateofdps.com/index.php?raid...s=200&spec=dps
    25 man heroic content, shadow priest ranks:
    BWD
    -----------
    3rd
    2nd
    2nd
    5th
    4th
    2nd

BoT
    -----------------
    7th
    3rd
    5th

Not a single fight are we #1 in (these are averages from RECENT logs from post patch too). Overall we are ranked "2nd", however with the nerf it looks to be a flat 8% decrease in damage. Which lowers us from "2nd" all the way down to 8th.

Potential post patch ranks (assuming it really is an 8% flat decrease in damage)
    BWD
    -----------
    7th
    5th
    11th
    12th
    9th
    2nd

BoT
    ------------
    14th
    6th
    8th

Yay for being back to middle of the pack again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 8% nerf on every spell an SP has not only dots every single spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    If spriests were OP then why do hunters go untouched?
    Aimed Shot IS getting a nerf. Read blues.