Thread: Killer healers?

Deleted

Killer healers?

We all know the quite common DPS-can’t-kill-healers-1v1-Neft-healers-posts…

I have limited experience with Cata PvP and I was thinking, being able to survive is fine, but as a healer; what can I actually kill myself?

As say (Disc) can I out-put enough damage to kill any class (with all the DPS-self-heal/shield I’m seeing right now, I mean… Feral can heal, warlocks heal, DKs heal, rogues heal, warriors heal, mages heal a bit/shield etc.)

I know the game isn’t balance around 1v1, but on a PvP server you sometimes butt heads with others 1v1 (TB)… so if I’m Disc spec'ed, should I pack up and run?

Deleted
    Hunters.. just run from the rest.

healers by design shouldn't be able to kill others.

yes we can put out some nice supportive dps, but your not gonna see a healing priest getting top kills in a battleground.

healers need to realize what there dps is......it is nothing but supportive dmg to help your teammate get someone down faster

Yeah, healing specs aren't meant to DPS much. Throw a couple DoTs, maybe a Holy Fire, and keep healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by jacklindr View Post
    I know the game isn’t balance around 1v1, but on a PvP server you sometimes butt heads with others 1v1 (TB)… so if I’m Disc spec'ed, should I pack up and run?
    if i ever get jump on my priest (as of 4.0.6) they usually get bored because they cant kill me so they go back to doing whatever it was they were doing before

Game has changed, and healers aren't really be able to solo another dps anymore. Even bad ones.

(you can still assist kills in arena, etc)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a holy paladin glyphed and speced into exorcism I can honestly say that I can kill any DPS in PvE gear and a good chunk of DPS with PvP gear especially if they arn't actively self healing much. With trinket and 2 other CDs popped I can hit PvE players with exorcism for about 13k (non-crit). I believe paladin is the best damage of the 5 healing classes/specs.

Resto shaman and disc priests seem to have the most offensive capability. Even so, they still have trouble killing an NPC, let alone another player who can think and react (and typically has a lot more HP). That said, just because it's more difficult doesn't mean it's impossible by any means.

Healers were never really supposed to be able to kill stuff. That's why they're called healers and not DPS. A lot of this stems from WoW's simplification of classes into three distinct roles. Other games have a half dozen or more archetypes that allow a player to split their focus between dps and healing, becoming a "true" hybrid. In WoW, hybrid really only means that you're capable of filling another role by swapping spec - not that you can dps for half the fight and then pick up heals if one of the healing classes died.
    Enforce proper spelling and grammar!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisGH View Post
    Resto shaman and disc priests seem to have the most offensive capability.
    I'm not so sure. I think I'd rather have the ability to spam alternate Cyclone and Roots (+ Innervate) rather than have Fear and Mind Control (+Mana Burn).

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's something that can actually heal itself a lot you won't be able to kill them but using reflective shield is actually a reasonable amount of damage now so if they're bad you can kill them by using that along with dots and the occasional mind blast and possibly mind spike in place of the dots.

You can also kill them by MCing them off a cliff but I guess that wasn't what you were looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto druids are just stupidly offensive as well. Especially if they pop treeform.

I hate playing against them as feral. Hibernate, cyclone, roots. Good game!
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Resto druids are just stupidly offensive as well. Especially if they pop treeform.

I'd like to thank you for giving me a good laugh. I read your linked thread in your sig and when I saw "hench tank", I knew you had to be English (whoops, British sorry). Lo and behold, art thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post

I guess its about killing someone in this thread, as a resto druid you may be able to throw some CC, but if the opponent isn't AFK for some minutes you won't be able to kill him.
    I would prefer killing them over CCing them forever tbh. :P