Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What's the worst nightmare you've ever had?

Hello, long time reader, few time poster.

Anyway, I was just watching TV, minding my own business. When it suddenly hit me, nightmares are some scary shit! So, therefore, I thought I'd make this thread. Where you can share your worst nightmare, and in worst nightmare, I do mean the scariest or one that has affected you otherwise. Preferably you would post your nightmare with backround, if there is any, or any special circumstances etc. I know I think it would be an interesting topic, I'll go first.

Backround INC!
    I was about, oh, 5-6 years of age, something like that. Me and my two best friends somehow got to talking about "Child's Play", the movie about Chucky the killer doll you know, because friend nr 1 had older brothers witch had seen it. And how cool was that! They were our rolemodels at the time, 7 and 8 years older and had seen a movie ment for the adult audience, coolness +100.
    Anyway, friend nr 1 made sure that we got a little bit of a screening of it, and of course no one got scared, I mean how lame is that? All fine and dandy, I go home when we are done for the day, and have nightmares about that bloody doll for a month straight.

About the "master"dream now:
    In the dream, I'm lying in my bed with my back against the wall with pretty much the whole room in eyesight. And the door is just slightly opened and the light from the living room gives a stripe of light on the floor through the door, other then that the room is pitch black. All of a sudden, who shows up but Chucky, of course. He stands there smiling for a few seconds, raises that huge knife of his, then rushes into my room and into the shadows. Now heres the shitty part that made it all even more horrible. I wake up, lying exactly as I did in the dream, the room looking exactly the same. Naturaly I'm am scared out of my mind. I have no way of lighting up the room, so I sit myself up and start screaming, screaming and screaming. After a few minutes I had woken both my parents and they had rushed to my aid, ensuring me that there was in fact no murdercrazed doll hiding in my room. I however refused to sleep alone that night, if I did get any sleep I don't remember.

I am now 22 years of age and I still think about the dream to this day quite frequently, thanks to friend nr 1 I can't be alone in the same room as any doll without freaking out a bit. I did however get payback, when we were a few years older I *borrowed* "Wolf" from my sister, he still thinks "WEREWOLFS!" as soon as he hears an unexplainable noice in the dark. Payback is a sweet, sweet thing.

Hope it had at least a bit of entertainment value, I'd love to hear your stories.
    Last edited by rerk; 2011-02-13 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Name of the movie was apparantly Child's Play, not simply Chucky
    "Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs."

I used to have this weird one when i was about 8 or so, i used to spend a lot of weekends at my nans and the spare room was at the back of the house. It's a terrace so there were houses in a row at the end of the garden. In my dream i would be in that room and there would be no houses at the back of the garden, but in the distance was a tree, and it would look like:

All of a sudden everything would sort of zoom towards it, and my field of vision would narrow like the tree was sucking me in.

Only real nightmare that ever truely freaked me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont have nightmares tbh...

this one time i was swoosh....flying as usual, but i touched the water and fell in, couldnt fly afterwards and woke up.

another time, i got shot by a WW2 rifle, by a nazi, on a flying saucer... yeah , most of my dreams dont make any sense, lol.

another time i was in my city that was ruined like in Fallout, and weird things, like alliens from the Allien movie, started comming,
    i was like... taste my katana u sobs! hack-slash! pow!-shockwave! etc etc... but my (now ex) gf got wounded, i lost it, and they got me =(

or another time i wake up (in the dream) inside my house, and theres like shadowy ghosts around that kept harrassing me,
    i did some bright blue-ish AoE that healed me and killed those mofos... then i flew, again...sigh, to go to my buddy cause i somehow knew he was in trouble =P

i always see the weirdest, most fictional, and long dreams.
    and i get up and write them down, so i remember them in the morning

and i dunno if u can call this a nightmare, but some times when i'm just about to sleep,
    between wake-and-sleep, my mind plays tricks on me, like some ...thing rushes towards my face,
    and i try to protect my face/avoid it, its very sudden, and it sucks because i was SO close to sleeping and now my heart is beating >_<
    stupid overactive imagination...

oh, and theres the ending of those beautiful and peaceful (accidental) oobe's,
    that after a while become full of anxiety and fear and causes me to wake up. unfortunatelly ='(
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2011-02-13 at 02:00 AM.

when i was like 8 i had a dream that there was a trex in my shed, and when the fear finally woke me up, i thought there was a trex standing over my bed, coz there was a cloths line a metre or so above my bed with towels on it, when i looked at it the next day i have nfi how i saw it as a trex in the dark, guess my mind still partially dreaming, but yea thats the most scared i've been haha.

I had to read that twice, I first pictured them having spider legs.

Eeww! That sounds pretty darn creepy to me! I don't really care for spiders either.

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 02:59 AM ----------

Gaah! That's creepy! The zooming and stuck in place ones are the worst.

Deleted
    Been having this weird dream every single december 30th since 2000 and I have no idea why....

I lie in my bed, suddently start hearing loud noise from other parts of the house and I wake up.

I then realize it sounds more like a raptor/t-rex and hurry below a sofa in the living room and I stay there until I wake up and the nightmare is over

scary shit really, I guess it has something to do since I started watching jurassic park (even though I never really thought they were scary)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    I've been sexually violated by bulky men. (Including one time where a piece of excrement lying on a bed morphed into an excremement penis, and subsequently a real one)
    I've eaten the internal organs of my dead grandmother after performing makeshift surgery on her, I still remember the texture and taste.
    I've seen a woman scream in sexual ecstacy as she puts herself into a torture contraption that periodically rips parts of her body off.

All thanks to certain types of medication, I was actually afraid to go to sleep at one stage because I knew I was in for a bad night every time.
    Seriously, fix your signature! that link is so annoying because it stretches through your whole signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been sexually violated by bulky men. (Including one time where a piece of excrement lying on a bed morphed into an excremement penis, and subsequently a real one)
    I've eaten the internal organs of my dead grandmother after performing makeshift surgery on her, I still remember the texture and taste.
    I've seen a woman scream in sexual ecstacy as she puts herself into a torture contraption that periodically rips parts of her body off.

All thanks to certain types of medication, I was actually afraid to go to sleep at one stage because I knew I was in for a bad night every time.
    "The truth, my goal."

The fallout one sounds pretty awesome to be honest! Save for the gf part, that's a bummer:P

Good idea to write them down, might have to steal that idea from you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Argh I have so many strange dreams but I cant think of any now! The worst nightmare I had was my sister being murdered infront of me, I was freaked out for about a week and I rang her in the middle of the night to tell her how much I didn't want her to die :P

Once while having a standard nightmare(some monster bullying me) I sort of realized I was dreaming. So I tried to drag the curtains aside so I would wake up from the light, didn't work though, next I tried pinching my arm, but still the monster was still there. Then I got desperate and ran for the kitchen grabbing a knife to cut myself a tad just so I would wake from the pain(yeye, emo joke luLz harr w/e). Still I was trapped within my nightmare, and getting more and more paranoid, handling the knife more vicously, I started slashing up my own arm, blood flooded everywhere. Then I realized the monster was gone, and discovering my arms was still mutilated, I 100 % freaked out, thinking I was already awake and had actally raped my own arm with a kitchen knife. When I woke up, my curtains was tore down from the window by my bed, you can imagine how happy I was I hadn't actually sleepwalked to the kitchen...

Might be bad written, and not sound scary at all for you, but for me it was pure hell lol

Deleted
    I haven't gotten any nightmares that I can remember, I also can't remember having dreams since I was like 6 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Seriously, fix your signature! that link is so annoying because it stretches through your whole signature.
    So shall it be done, pika pika

edit -bah, I'll do it tomorrow, it's 3am now :P
    Last edited by Tuvok; 2011-02-13 at 03:01 AM.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Everyone on the planet except for me became half spider half humans... the spider part became the upper body.
    I was running around with a lot of "people" after me that wanted to bite my head off with their spider heads.
    * shivers

Sounds silly but it was really creepy. And having a medium spider fear doesn't help at all.

Seeing spiders in a dream announces disillusions and disappointments.

Deleted
    I had many scary dreams as a kid, but I had one nightmare just a few nights ago...

A zombie with pale face and red eyes was chasing me in some supermarket. I kept on running and running around, throwing random stuff at him, like fruits and other goods. But he just wouldn’t give up. People in the supermarket were doing nothing, just walking around and shopping as usual. At one point the zombie got me and almost bit me, but I did something (can't remember what) and managed to get away.

Then I ran into the revolving door and he somehow became stuck inside the supermarket, unable to go through the door.
    It was a scary dream, but when I woke up I thought it was awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    and i dunno if u can call this a nightmare, but some times when i'm just about to sleep,
    between wake-and-sleep, my mind plays tricks on me, like some ...thing rushes towards my face,
    and i try to protect my face/avoid it, its very sudden, and it sucks because i was SO close to sleeping and now my heart is beating >_<
    Somebody better give me a scientific explanation of what this good sir has just described. I've experienced that shit so often, I've lost count. Hasn't been happening for a while now, but used to ALL the time about 2 years ago. It's like you're very tired, about to go to sleep, but the all of a fucking sudden, you feel like someone punched you in the face. Only, you don't feel the punch, but you still get that shock. It happens just before you're about to go to sleep, only to wake you up and leaving you to wonder what the fuck just happened.
    Last edited by mmoc1fb4cdcdf3; 2011-02-13 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    (
    yea that sucks... like i had watched some stupid zombie movie and for a few months everytime i heard a noise at night i was like OMG ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lolnoobdead View Post
    Somebody better give me a scientific explanation of what this good sir has just described. I've experienced that shit so often, I've lost count. Hasn't been happening for a while now, but used to ALL the time about 2 years ago. It's like you're very tired, about to go to sleep, but the all of a fucking sudden, you feel like someone punched you in the face. Only, you don't feel the punch, but you still get that shock. It happens just before you're about to go to sleep, only to wake you up and leaving you to wonder what the fuck just happened.
    For me it is the sensation of falling just as I fall asleep and it startles me awake again. It is fairly creepy and my wife is usually still awake to hear me gasp.
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

I dreamed of gremlins when I was a kid. I would have these dreams wherever I went to sleep. Several times a week they would come. I was so terrified I couldn't move or breath. As they slowly climbed up my bed. Crawled up to my face. And sniffed me like I was a delicious piece of chocolate cake. I closed my eyes tighter and tighter the closer they came until my eyes were completely closed. When I thought they were gone I would take a peek. If they were gone I would jump out of my bed and sprint to my light switch screaming at the top of my lungs. Then I would go back to bed with the light on. And I wrapped myself in blankets like a mummy covered from head to toe. I slept like a mummy through most of my childhood. The dreams still came and now they would climb on me and try to tug the covers out from under me. I would have the dreams wherever I slept by myself. SOOOoooo scary if I fell asleep on the couch or some place else. I swear they were real. I ended up sleeping on my younger brothers bedroom floor because they never came when I was with someone else. They were REAL!!?!
    Such feeble minds..

Deleted
    I dreamed of not one but of two HOT babes in the same bed. The tension became harder and they asked/demanded too much of my potential I...just...couldn't....DO IT!

/hide

seriously: Never had a nightmare, am I not normal now?
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2011-02-13 at 03:55 PM.

i woke up and i was a blood elf paladin :O