15+ Year Old Account

Blacksmithing question regarding specializations, do they still exist?

I played a Paladin during Vanilla/BC, and I remember as a Blacksmith on him I had to pick a specialization, axe, mace, or sword.
    Is this still in the game? I remember which specialization you picked you received the ability to make certain items, 2h mace/sword/axe, lionheart champion, lunar crescent, stormherald etc.
    I can't for the life of me find out any info on this, so I ask you guys. Where do I learn a specialization now, and is it even possible to learn the plans for those weapons still? My trainer doesn't offer anything in Org.
    I remember the hammer one that let you craft Stormherald was called Master Hammersmith. But I don't see anything about those specializations anymore /shrug
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2011-02-15 at 04:29 AM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

The specializations were taken out though a few trainers still talk about it. My warrior was a Sword-smith but now is just a regular ol' blacksmith... Such sad times I'm in.

15+ Year Old Account
    So..is it possible to learn how to make those items still somehow?
    Thunder/Deep Thunder/Stormherald etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    So..is it possible to learn how to make those items still somehow?
    Thunder/Deep Thunder/Stormherald etc?
    No.

The trainers who used to teach those patterns no longer do. If you already had those patterns you can continue to make them, but the specialization has been dropped from them.

The armorsmith only pants in wrath no longer require armorsmith, but are still BOP.

Like wise for patterns such as Bulwark of Kings (and it's upgraded versions), if you had already learned the pattern/s you can continue to make them, as they were BOP before, they are still BOP, they just no longer require armorsmith, or sword/mace/axe smith for the BC/wrath weapons.

However the Armorsmith chain is still in game if you want to do the quest/s for whatever reason, It just won't give you the armorsmith specialization.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-02-15 at 04:44 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is very sad.

Yeah I was hoping I could pick up the patterns I previously couldn't obtain because i was armorsmith.

Serverly dissappointed when I went to the trainers as they didn't have the patterns.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.