Thread: Emp Scorpions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    I'd love to get a scorpion, there's only one proper exotics pet shop where I live and they don't have any, bought a black and white argentine tegu and a jungle carpet python awhile back. Looking at getting a tarantula next.
    My friend has an argentine tegu and it sits in his lap like a cat, it's kind of unnerving how much it seems to enjoy his company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    bought a black and white argentine tegu
    Awesome, I love those things.

..But my bad-ass poisonous black dog is cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Err...he's kind of a big scorpion...wow.

What does he eat besides crickets?
    They can honestly eat anything small enough to be eaten lmao. some of the craziest things I've seen them eat are small taranchula and geckos.

10+ Year Old Account
    You actually succeeded to make me google/youtube some of these things and they seem to be quite interesting and subtle pets.
    However, seeing them pinch small squeeking pinkies makes me want to murder.
    Do not tell me you're feeding it pinkies, because IP trac... Oh, hehe! :3

When it comes to scorpions the larger the less dangerous they are. its the tiny ones that will fuck you up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to get a scorpion :/ but sadly there is no exotic pet shops that sells scorpion. Probably will end up buying a ball python.

Emp scorps are some of the coolest pets u can have and u can pick em up u just have to understand the body lang. so u dont get stung
    i dont have a scorp any more but now i wish i could get another oh and my vet said the blacklight will also let u know how sick/well a scorp is the brighter they glow the healthier they are (dont quote me its true but vet said so i hope its right).
    but enjoy ur scorp they are great pets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Ah, this wasn't a thread about electromagnetic pulse scorpions.
    My thoughts exactly I clicked I'm like lol EMP scorpions?

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    When it comes to scorpions the larger the less dangerous they are. its the tiny ones that will fuck you up.
    actually its the larger the pincers the less likely it is to sting

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 11:13 PM ----------

haha no mine is probably big enough right now to eat a pinky, but im not that evil. Once vin diesel is an adult I will feed him more then just crickets >:.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once vin diesel is an adult I will feed him more then just crickets >:.
    That sentence made me chuckle.
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Deleted
    That is one awesome pet mate, nice updates and a good initiative from your side.. hope he'll grow so big that you can ride him!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DismalNether View Post
    My thoughts exactly I clicked I'm like lol EMP scorpions?
    Would be pretty sweet though. Strap some EMP tech onto scorpions, release them into enemy tech-center and activate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonius View Post
    That is one awesome pet mate, nice updates and a good initiative from your side.. hope he'll grow so big that you can ride him!
    Thanks a lot Thonius.

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 12:39 AM ----------

Here some pics of where I keep Vin Diesel.

Last edited by Rampantsoto; 2011-02-20 at 12:41 AM.

Make sure you keep his habitat humid, otherwise you run the real risk of him dehydrating and dying. Also, avoid using heat lamps; they will dry out the enclosure very quickly. Use an under-tank heater instead, it's a much more gentle heat and he'll appreciate it more and be out in the open more often. Try to avoid giving him much more than crickets and the occasional mealworm if you can; pinkys are all cool and stuff to feed him, but they're very fatty and can cause health issues if they're overfed. An occasional treat, nothing more!

The Emperor scorpions are interesting in that they're easily handled, provided you can gently urge him onto your hand. You can tell when they're relaxed because their tails will lay flat as they move; if it's being held up, be careful, as it means he's likely riled up and loaded for bear.

They make awesome, unique pets. You can expect around 5 years of life out of him with the proper care.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Make sure you keep his habitat humid, otherwise you run the real risk of him dehydrating and dying. Also, avoid using heat lamps; they will dry out the enclosure very quickly. Use an under-tank heater instead, it's a much more gentle heat and he'll appreciate it more and be out in the open more often. Try to avoid giving him much more than crickets and the occasional mealworm if you can; pinkys are all cool and stuff to feed him, but they're very fatty and can cause health issues if they're overfed. An occasional treat, nothing more!

The Emperor scorpions are interesting in that they're easily handled, provided you can gently urge him onto your hand. You can tell when they're relaxed because their tails will lay flat as they move; if it's being held up, be careful, as it means he's likely riled up and loaded for bear.

They make awesome, unique pets. You can expect around 5 years of life out of him with the proper care.
    I've did a lot of research on emp/scorpions and I was told to put the heating pad on the side of the tank, However this really had no effect on the temperature witch really upset me. It's in the low 70's atm inside the tank. I have no probably keeping the tank humid. I mist the tank very often and keep wet moss inside. Thanks for the information tho I guess ill do some more research on either to keep the heat pad on the side or put it under the tank. Emps burrow to cool off and putting the pad understand would kinda defeat the purpose. This might cause him to stress out witch will lead to death. The pad on the button would also dry the flooring. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Recently purchased a baby emp, and I fell in love with how cool these guys can be. I keep him in a 10lt fish tank with the recommended flooring coco something. I also grabbed two little hidings spots for him and a tropical plant to make him feel at home. I think he likes the set up since i haven't seen him in two days.

he has 4-5 inches of flooring now maybe more where his caves are
    I hope you don't keep him near electronics...

Emps burrow to cool off and putting the pad understand would kinda defeat the purpose. This might cause him to stress out witch will lead to death. The pad on the button would also dry the flooring. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Heat pads typically don't cover the entire bottom of the enclosure. You ideally want to give him a temperature gradient of one hot side and one cool side to move back and forth over as he see's fit. They burrow to cool off when topside temperatures get hot, which they shouldn't with your current setup. You can try putting the pad on the side of the aquarium, or you may not have a large enough one for your tank. Also, radiant heat from below will not dry out the substrate nearly to the extent that directed heat from above would (ie, a heat bulb).

why would keeping him near electronics be harmful?

why would keeping him near electronics be harmful?
    just another emp joke

on a more serious note though, that they probably didn't even know they made, electronics tend to get hot, and heat can mess with keeping the temp stable. didn't have a scorpion, but had a gecko and it was advised to keep out of direct sun and away from things that might get hot when selecting a place for the aquarium

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Heat pads typically don't cover the entire bottom of the enclosure. You ideally want to give him a temperature gradient of one hot side and one cool side to move back and forth over as he see's fit. They burrow to cool off when topside temperatures get hot, which they shouldn't with your current setup. You can try putting the pad on the side of the aquarium, or you may not have a large enough one for your tank. Also, radiant heat from below will not dry out the substrate nearly to the extent that directed heat from above would (ie, a heat bulb).
    I got the Zoo Meds recommended heat pad for a 10Lt tank, But it's not really warming up as much as I would like it to. If I do move the pad under witch side of the tank do you recommend, because he's already made a nice burrow for himself on one side.

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 04:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    just another emp joke

on a more serious note though, that they probably didn't even know they made, electronics tend to get hot, and heat can mess with keeping the temp stable. didn't have a scorpion, but had a gecko and it was advised to keep out of direct sun and away from things that might get hot when selecting a place for the aquarium
    Oh lol I get it. Yeah he's in a good spot right now I think. I wanted to move him to one of the more darker corners in my room.