You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos

"You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

there is definitely a bug in the forum if it thinks I'm trying to post a link, image, or video in a reply. so after wasting 15 minutes typing a post to add something useful to a discussion, I can't even post it. (after taking the time to register too) thanks MMOC.
    Last edited by LeetMiniWheat; 2011-02-21 at 09:44 PM.

u need to have a certain amount of Posts to be able to post Link/Pics etc

its to prevent pron sites from spamming.

the point is, I wasn't posting a link or picture. so there's sometihng wrong with the forum if it thinks i was

they dont know that though

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you were quoting someone with a link or something?
    "The truth, my goal."

it still shouldn't prevent people from posting regular text. it's not an image, link, or video.

and nope, i wasn't quoting anyone with a link. just borked forum.

maybe now i can finally post it since this is my 3rd post...

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you posting something with an "@" sign? Sometimes it interprets that as posting an email address, even if there's no email (e.g., "i7 @ 3ghz").

If there's no URL, picture, or email, and it's not what I've mentioned above, PM me the original post so we can figure out what's going on (although you'll probably have to post 10 times -- not spam, please -- before you can PM it, unfortunately).

You will need a post-count of 10 to be able to post any kind of pictures and/or links.

And as you just made this topic, there are no apparent bugs here on the forum.

there's a "at" sign in it (I can't even post this with it), yeah... I guess that's it. and I still can't post it after 3 posts. a "few" is 3, not 10. what gives?

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 04:50 PM ----------

why does it interpret any "at" signs as an email address even if there's spaces BEFORE and AFTER it?

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 04:53 PM ----------

well, either way... I got it to post now without the "at" sign, but I still think that is retarded and should be fixed. if there's an "at" sign anywhere in the post even with giant whitespaces and pagraphs around it, it still thinks it's an email address?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeetMiniWheat View Post
    there's a "at" sign in it (I can't even post this with it), yeah... I guess that's it. and I still can't post it after 3 posts. a "few" is 3, not 10. what gives?
    A "few" posts would be a small number of posts, not exactly three.

I now have 853 posts. Some people have thousands. So I would say 10 posts is a small number of posts, and therefore "A few posts" is accurate in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

generally speaking, a couple is two and a few is three. but I suppose everyone has their own interpretation of it. but 10 is closer to a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    You will need a post-count of 10 to be able to post any kind of pictures and/or links.

And as you just made this topic, there are no apparent bugs here on the forum.
    And as he already stated, he was not trying to post any kind of pictures nor links. /eyeroll

15+ Year Old Account
    The "@" problem is a known issue due to a 3rd party vBulletin plugin. Yes, it's poor parsing to assume that it's an email even though there are spaces around it, and it's something we'd like to fix. Since it only affects those under 10 posts and it's not the most common character, it's a relatively minor issue and not top on the priority list.

The limit is 10 posts; no point in arguing over semantics. Feel free to post around to reach that minimum, but please don't spam.

Closing.