Question Shadow Priest Stats

Hey there. So I have a holy priest I love very much. main spec.
    I have shadow as offspec. and I havent bothered with getting dps gear since 100% of my spirit converts into hit, and int and stam come on my gear anyway. plus, I dont dps too often.

out of curiosity, I decided to see what all I would need to make it as dps.....what I should stack, what I dont need ect. I think I have a good idea, but i dont know any exact numbers. my bf informed me today that in order to never miss I need +17 spell hit rating. I have +24 because of spirit atm.

So I started looking around on some sites for what my stats should generally look like. I dont want weight, Ive seen it, and its cool. I know in what order I need to stack, now I want to know how much I need to stack of what.

heres a bacically what my stats look like when I just press "C" in the game :P

GENERAL:
    health=105k
    Mana=71k
    Ilvl=340
    speed=100%

ATTRIBUTES:
    strength=72
    agility=76
    stamina=4490
    Intellect=3375
    spirit=2313

I hope you dont wanna see my melee and ranged. lets just skip to spell XD

SPELL:
    Spell power=5k
    haste=11.71%
    hit chance=24.09%
    penetration=0
    mana regen=3276
    combat regen=1029
    crit chance=8.63%
    mastery=15.98

I dont think anyone cares about my defense either.

Im allways looking for new gear to drop, and I know what needs replaced. I would just like to see what numbers in my stats need bigger, and (if any) what numbers I dont need so big. you can find my armory on battle (.net) by typing in "Vietabella" I am on the server, Garona. Draenei priest

help would greatly be appreciated. thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    for shadow: lose mastery get haste

Reforge off excess hit/spirit till you're at 17%
    Haste is your best secondary stat, stack until infinity at the expense of reforging off crit/mastery/spirit/hit (till 17%) there are no supersignificant caps for it
    Gem pure intellect everywhere unless the socket bonus warrants it.

I think that's all you should need. The guide on these subforums is very useful D:

Well since you know what order of the stats to stack, I won't mention them here.
    You asked how much you need to stack of what. And my answer is: As much as possible of each relevant stat.

They key to gearing up is to get as much as possible of each relevant stat. Since you know the stacking order, then gearing becomes obvious. As a general rule of thumb, you must stack the most important stat first, and get as much as possible of that stat. Once you reached to the point where you cannot stack the most important stat anymore, you start working on the second most important stat WITHOUT jeopardizing the first one. Once you did that, you start working on the third most important stat without jeopardizing the previous two stats....and so on.

Of course there will be finer details to this rule as it is not really a perfect rule... sometimes you must jeopardize your second most important stat by stacking some of your third most important stat..if it means that your first most important stat would also get an increase. And whether or not if this is a wise decision comes down to how much of this first important stat is getting raised. And this is where you will need to know the weights of the stats themselves.

For starters, since you got 24% hit rating, you can start by reducing that down to 17%. Reforge your spirit to haste, since you have 7% worth of excess useless spirit and haste is your most important stat. Also I see you have lots of mastery. And mastery is a relevant stat. And I mentioned earlier to get as much as possible of each relevant stat...
    Well.. getting as much mastery as possible? Great! But getting as much haste as possible? Even better! So, reforge as much mastery into haste as possible. Haste may be more important than mastery, it also happens to be more important than crit. So, do the same for crit, reforge as much of that as possible into haste as well.

If you want to keep healing as main spec off couse DON'T reforge

Just get items without spirit/ hit and switch items when you go shadow to get 1742 hitrating (17%).
    The ring you can get with valor points and archeology are really nice. The valor points cloak. The craftable cloth pants is very good as well. Just try to get as much intellect first and then as much haste as you can. Gem +40 intellect and +20 intellect, +20 haste.

Thanks guys. I found Bananator and Nightlores the most helpful. they were straight forward and told me what some of my numbers should look like. Idk why i didnt think of it, but it does make sense that theres no real cap on haste. and Nightlores understood that shadow is still my offspec.

to Zsun (because i really dont feel like posting your LOOONG reply to me as a quote). how is this supposed to be helpful? 1 i want to keep my healing main spec, so i want lots of spirit, and lots of mastery. yes i should have more haste and i will work on that. thanks. the rest of your post basically says "you know what to do so it should be obvious that you do what you should do when you do it. what numbers should you have? big ones" O.o gee thanks. "and there are details that include numbers. so you should do what you should do. and i wont tell you what to do, but do THIS"
    (thats all for zsun)

I am working on starting up a second set of gear for my offspec where i will have lots of haste thanks guys. you helped me out a lot. if i need help again i will come back

Quote Originally Posted by CowsThatType View Post
    Thanks guys. I found Bananator and Nightlores the most helpful. they were straight forward and told me what some of my numbers should look like. Idk why i didnt think of it, but it does make sense that theres no real cap on haste. and Nightlores understood that shadow is still my offspec.

to Zsun (because i really dont feel like posting your LOOONG reply to me as a quote). how is this supposed to be helpful? 1 i want to keep my healing main spec, so i want lots of spirit, and lots of mastery. yes i should have more haste and i will work on that. thanks. the rest of your post basically says "you know what to do so it should be obvious that you do what you should do when you do it. what numbers should you have? big ones" O.o gee thanks. "and there are details that include numbers. so you should do what you should do. and i wont tell you what to do, but do THIS"
    (thats all for zsun)

I am working on starting up a second set of gear for my offspec where i will have lots of haste thanks guys. you helped me out a lot. if i need help again i will come back
    Okay my first definition was a bit technical so heres an improved one. What I meant was, since you asked for how much of each stat to stack, so I was just saying there really is not set answer for that. Firstly get hit capped with spirit (or get close to the hit cap). Then stack haste as much as you can, because there really is no set number of how much you should get for each stat (except for hit, which is 17%, or thereabouts). Just get as much haste as you can. And then after that start getting crit or mastery WITHOUT losing any haste, in fact you should actually reduce your crit and mastery if it means getting extra haste simply by reforging these two stats into haste. That's pretty much it.

Oh and, lots of spirit is good for healing spec, but for shadow, there is a set number, and that is 1742. If you want to go shadow, you will need to reforge some of your spirit into haste until you have 1742 spirit remaining (or thereabouts).
    Lots of mastery is also good for healing spec. But again for shadow, its not as good as haste, so reforge as much mastery into haste as you can.
    Last edited by zsun; 2011-02-23 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angelz View Post
    for shadow: lose mastery get haste
    dont say i didnt tell ya
    ur crit was low already,ur mastery to high: so lose mastery get haste
    anyways: get hit capped(everything above 17% is dps decrease)
    mastery reforge to haste
    crit to haste
    and crit and mastery (just forget about these 2 for now)

Quote Originally Posted by CowsThatType View Post
    (thats all for zsun)
    What a cheeky soab lol. You're criticising him for saying "you know what you're doing" when you yourself said this in your OP. You also said "any help would be appreciated" but clearly you didn't mean it.