Quote Originally Posted by bananfjong View Post
    Just rerolled from prot to retri and this is the gear i've come up with so far. All my vp was spend on prot gear, aiming for the chest + legs next from vp. Got the PvP vicious head , is it worth getting for 2pc set bonus? Gaining much more str but feel so meh wearing pvp pieces >.<

Getting the landslide enchant any day now, waiting for 50str for the omnitron bracers i hopefully get this week if it drops, 50str on gloves is next after landslide.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/bananfjong/simple
    If i remember right, the 2-peice PvP and the 2-peice tier gear were pretty good. I feel the same about the pvp gear though. You have some good stuff for jsut rerolling ret. Why the empty glyph slot? Maelstroms on my server are going for 4k last I checked, and I don't want to waste it on 346's if I am going to upgrade.

I am still a work in progress... any help would be appreciated.
    US, Shu'Halo realm, Dubose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubose View Post
    If i remember right, the 2-peice PvP and the 2-peice tier gear were pretty good. I feel the same about the pvp gear though. You have some good stuff for jsut rerolling ret. Why the empty glyph slot? Maelstroms on my server are going for 4k last I checked, and I don't want to waste it on 346's if I am going to upgrade.

I am still a work in progress... any help would be appreciated.
    US, Shu'Halo realm, Dubose
    * Replace all Blues gems with Strength except the Etched in your chest.
    * Gem Rule of Thumb - If the Str gem is more then the socket bonus + gem you are using it use Red. ( Chest gives you 80 str +20 free hit )
    * Replace Bracer enchant with 50AP from wotlk.
    * http://wowreforge.com reforge your gear via the sim to see how you can maximize the stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sepulturos-Kul Tiras EU

didn't see an armory link in previous post so didn't rate the one above me.

I know I have 2 tanking rep items, hoping for Chimearons boots soon and saving up for the mastery expertise cloak from valor points atm (nearly there), any other way I can improve to boost my utilities in raids.
    feedback will be very much appreciated.

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepulturos View Post
    Sepulturos-Kul Tiras EU

I know I have 2 tanking rep items, hoping for Chimearons boots soon and saving up for the mastery expertise cloak from valor points atm (nearly there), any other way I can improve to boost my utilities in raids.
    I am not a big fan of Tank items for Ret, thats my opinion.
    You are not at the hit capped reforge your Eye of rahj back to full hit and reforge both your rings in to something else.
    Than hit and you are at nice 961 if my math is correct.

I dont see the point in getting the socket bonus of 20 haste a pure 40 str would've been better.
    Slightly under expertise cap could be fixed with refoging your rings to exp.
    Enchants are okay by what I am seeing
    Specc and Glyphs are also okay.

Now for my Questions:

Yesterday I got some upgrades and now that I have all set items wich can be bought with valor points I want to know what I should get next?
    I want to buy something wich still is 346 so trinket is out.
    I want the boe boots or the ones from Maloriak so if I would buy those I would just use those till the other ones drop.
    Wich leaves me with the cloak and the ring.
    I am favoring the cloak cause it has no haste but mastery and expertise wich is always useful.

Also correct anything you may see in my specc/enchants/gemming and so on.

Suliso link in Sig
    Last edited by Suliso; 2011-02-21 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Some typos and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulturos View Post
    Sepulturos-Kul Tiras EU

One thing you'll encounter as you get more and more set pieces/BIS gear is that there is WAY TOO MUCH EXPERTISE on everything that we want. Basically you're locked into reforging expertise off of every item that has it, and you'll still have too much. Which means you'll eventually want to use either Glittering Epidremis (Council drop) or Drape of Inimitable Fate (world drop BOE) as your cloak instead of the mastery/expertise one.

In light of that I'd use your valor points on either License to Slay, or pick up the Tier chest, so you can swap out your gloves for the 365 PVP gloves and still have the 2T11 bonus. (If you did that, you could also use the PVP shoulders for the Str set bonus, certainly an upgrade over the blue shoulders).

Quote Originally Posted by Suliso View Post
    Yesterday I got some upgrades and now that I have all set items wich can be bought with valor points I want to know what I should get next?
    I want to buy something wich still is 346 so trinket is out.
    I want the boe boots or the ones from Maloriak so if I would buy those I would just use those till the other ones drop.
    Wich leaves me with the cloak and the ring.
    I am favoring the cloak cause it has no haste but mastery and expertise wich is always useful.
    Suliso link in Sig
    For the same reasoning as the above, I would use the valor points on the ring and then relic, instead of the cloak. And since you have 3 T11 items, get those 365PVP gloves .
    Last edited by beingmused; 2011-02-21 at 03:51 PM.

us.battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/sorrowness/simple
    (sry not enough post to post link)
    not really sure to use License to Slay or Crushing weight
    Crushing weight seems to be more of a stable dps compare to LTS having the risk of dropping stack in movement fight.
    any advice will be appreciated!

cheers

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...smetica/simple

Omw to getting +50 Str to bracer's when I get the vicious version of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowness View Post
    us.battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/sorrowness/simple
    (sry not enough post to post link)
    not really sure to use License to Slay or Crushing weight
    Crushing weight seems to be more of a stable dps compare to LTS having the risk of dropping stack in movement fight.
    any advice will be appreciated!

cheers
    Your current stats are:

Haste 593
    Hit 962
    Crit 1229
    Expertise 481
    Mastery 1180

I would replace your leg enchant asap not sure why you used the 110/45 should be using 190/55. Also get your T11 gloves asap if you aren't going to use 2pc Vicious then try to get the 4PC T11. if you reforge your stats using http://wowreforge.com there some other options you have which are optimal and could be a DPS gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Requital: char not available

<-- Bernoulli of Mug'thol EU

optional trinket i have is VAS

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernoulli View Post
    Requital: char not available

<-- Bernoulli of Mug'thol EU

optional trinket i have is VAS
    0/10 because you didn't post a direct link to your armory straight off the forums

bad form!
    I'm allowed to be mean today, it's mah berfday!

Quote Originally Posted by Igra View Post
    0/10 because you didn't post a direct link to your armory straight off the forums

bad form!
    I'm allowed to be mean today, it's mah berfday!
    9/10 just because you don't have all the number one parses yet. Happy birthday, don't wake up with your face in some strange toilet with your pants down.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    9/10 just because you don't have all the number one parses yet. Happy birthday, don't wake up with your face in some strange toilet with your pants down.
    hey, you never know, cocaine is a hell of a drug!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blisz/advanced
    also should I get the 359 pve tier gloves? maybe wait until I get the shoulders/head for the 4p bonus?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisz View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blisz/advanced
    also should I get the 359 pve tier gloves? maybe wait until I get the shoulders/head for the 4p bonus?
    Get the head and then buy the gloves.Even then though pvp gloves are still better from tier ones but the 4pc bonus is pretty usefull and will make your ret life easier.
    Having said that,with your current gear,ench and gemming i think you worth a 7/10.

And well here is mine
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ragon/advanced

Waiting for an enchanter to come online for mighty str ench on gloves.
    Last edited by marinos; 2011-02-23 at 12:51 PM.

9.99/10

go get that 50 str enchant =p
    Last edited by Naididae; 2011-02-23 at 04:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naididae View Post
    9.99/10

go get that 50 str enchant =p
    Already tried it but i will end up with 6hit under the hit cap.Can reforge elsewhere but well,i dont want to fall under 40% mastery just to get some extra haste.
    Regarding the ench,the only ench in the guild that has it hasnt come online (slacker) but will have it for sure before the raid .
    Either way thanks a lot for your advise.

Also i will put you a 10/10
    Last edited by marinos; 2011-02-23 at 05:10 PM.

Alright, I made some changes... but I still have the tank boots because they're better than the blue I had. Not too sure about the cloak though. I do have a Shadow of the Past and a Geordan's Cloak. Are either of these better than the tank cloak? Oh and I'll get the BOE boots next time they drop, 'cause I'm pretty sure those are still better than the tank boots.
    Last edited by Reith; 2011-02-23 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used the tank cloak until I got the pvp mastery cloak personally. but if I could recommend anything to thE ret above me, get licence to slay it will get rid of all your hit issues. Lately I've been toyong with the balance between crit/mastery. Currently I'm at approximately 800ish crit an 2k mastery, check it out and let me know. (on my iPhone so no direct link sorry)

Royals - Rivendare - US <Yakuza Lords>

Deathpony - Bane of Frost Mages

I've considered going Human for the PvP Racial which would allow me to use the 180 AP battlemaster trinket sitting in my bag again (currently unavailable in the game much like the Medallion of the Alliance Trinket and Vindicator Rings), but I get (surprisingly) a lot of use out of our self heal. Until I got the DST last year I was using that battlemaster trinket instead. The recent change to Draen self heal was a welcome and long overdue buff, an approx 2800 self HoT is especially nice when mixed with a heal potion.

I use the Spell Reflect Meta even after the Crit gem change because I already hit for tremendous damage, and the rare reflect can sometimes be a game changing difference in PvP.

Bumping this thread.
    Wanting to know if I did some oversights and what should my dps be ? I'm currently doing 14.2K dps on raider's dummy for a 15minutes bashing with only BoM. I don't know if I can expect much more.

Armory link
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/ayr/simple