Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Using Healing Wave:

5302 in elemental spec
    5302*1.25*1.15 = 7622
    7622 in resto spec

And yet my healing stream doesn't heal for more than it did pre-hotfix. Odd that.

Take these two logs for example;
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5375&e=5868
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9532&e=10016

The 1st is from our first kill on Omnotron Heroic 10 on the 9th. The second is on the same boss on the 21st. You'll have to add a Query (add Reyna as Actor and check the Heal box - that should give you Healing Stream totem ticks under the Query 2 window). You'll note that the ticks are actually lower on the second; not sure why to be honest. I can't remember any gear changes inbetween those kills that would account for lower intellect/spellpower. The only difference in setup is one hunter going MM instead of surv.

edit:
    To further analyze, whilst completely unbuffed, healing stream is ticking for 601-602 in elemental spec and 1209 in resto spec (no weapon enchant, which is why it's lower than mentioned above). That's a 100% increase (or a 200% modifier), roughly. 50% from the talent, multiplied with 25% from Purification, multiplied with 15% from Spark of Life comes out to 215% expected modifier. Which isn't what we're seeing. 50%*10%*15% = 190%. Which isn't what we're seeing either. If we add in the 6% bonus to healing done from Spark of Life as well, we get 201% - which is almost exactly what we're seeing.

So while the tooltip for healing spells may be updated, we're clearly not seeing that effect on healing spells ingame.
    Last edited by mmoc2ff02584b7; 2011-02-23 at 06:50 PM. Reason: reworded to clarify

15+ Year Old Account
    Live on Defias Brotherhood - EU, strange it didt went live on all servers at same time.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    Using Healing Wave:

5302 in elemental spec
    5302*1.25*1.15 = 7622
    7622 in resto spec

And yet my healing stream doesn't heal for more than it did pre-hotfix. Odd that.

Take these two logs for example;
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5375&e=5868
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9532&e=10016

The 1st is from our first kill on Omnotron Heroic 10 on the 9th. The second is on the same boss on the 21st. You'll have to add a Query (add Reyna as Actor and check the Heal box - that should give you Healing Stream totem ticks under the Query 2 window). You'll note that the ticks are actually lower on the second; not sure why to be honest. I can't remember any gear changes inbetween those kills that would account for lower intellect/spellpower. The only difference in setup is one hunter going MM instead of surv.

edit:
    To further analyze, whilst completely unbuffed, healing stream is ticking for 601-602 in elemental spec and 1209 in resto spec (no weapon enchant, which is why it's lower than mentioned above). That's a 100% increase (or a 200% modifier), roughly. 50% from the talent, multiplied with 25% from Purification, multiplied with 15% from Spark of Life comes out to 215% expected increase. Which isn't what we're seeing. 50%*10%*15% = 190%. Which isn't what we're seeing either. If we add in the 6% bonus to healing done from Spark of Life as well, we get 201% - which is almost exactly what we're seeing.

So while the tooltip for healing spells may be updated, we're clearly not seeing that effect on healing spells ingame.
    HST is weird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    HST is weird.
    Unbuffed, with my gear, it should be ticking for 1375 though. Not 1209.

with just totem and ELW mine ticks for 1364-1365 on myself.

Deleted
    That's below the expected value as well I guess, unless your gear is much worse than mine. My numbers are without ELW.

7804 bonus healing with ELW and totem.

Deleted
    Yeah that's about the same as me.

edit: Stole my numbers from earlier today from above;

SP: 7785
    Ticks for: 1361

I think I got the T2 PvP weapon after that though. Which was about ~250 sp upgrade.
    Last edited by mmoc2ff02584b7; 2011-02-23 at 06:54 PM.

I don't know, maybe HST isn't effected by purification? Everything else in my logs seems to be getting the buff.

I don't have a non resto spec to test it ATM.

Deleted
    Then it's affected by something else in the resto tree (other than soothing rains and spark of life), since 1.5*1.15*1.06 = 1.8285 (way below 2.01). I can't think of what though.
    Last edited by mmoc2ff02584b7; 2011-02-23 at 06:58 PM.

Ok. So I wiped out my spec.

HST = 640 per tick

Put a point into tidal focus.

HST=725 per tick

Which isn't 10% or 25%.

/shrug

Deleted
    Weirdness.

I just checked with a GM since on azjol-nerub the purification buff is not live either, the GM said they are aware of this problem and they are trying to solve it as soon as possible... so hopefully as soon as possible is actually next week or something :/
    quite a big fail in a quick way of hotfixing something from blizz if you ask me though

Quote Originally Posted by novarush View Post
    I just checked with a GM since on azjol-nerub the purification buff is not live either, the GM said they are aware of this problem and they are trying to solve it as soon as possible... so hopefully as soon as possible is actually next week or something :/
    quite a big fail in a quick way of hotfixing something from blizz if you ask me though
    3 different answers from 3 different GMs now. One who said it's live on all realms, one who said it's not live at all, and one who said it should be live but doesn't seem to be working for everyone.

Moral: GM information should be taken with a grain of salt.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Deleted
    GMs who reply on tickets quite frequently just have the same information we do; blue posts. You're not exactly getting in touch with a dev here, it's just a CSR who has the possibility to get in contact with, or at least report back to, the devs. That doesn't mean it's an open line of communication.

You should always take what these guys say with a grain of salt. That said, at least they'll take a look at it; that's comforting. Something doesn't feel right (at least with Healing Stream).

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know the hot-fix was applied last Thursday (Or Wednesday?) some servers automatically got the hot-fix. Some servers required waiting until server restarts + maintenance, being yesterday morning. That being said, all servers should now have the purification buff. I definitely noticed the difference in mana conservation due to having heavier hitting heals.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Using a stormwind guard for reference here, just to avoid the 15% bonus from Spark of Life. No earthshield on target. Just straight up Purification+6% from SoL at work. Over 100 Healing Waves cast in each spec to find maximum and minimum values. No int/spellpower procs involved, and crits were ignored.

Spec: Min - Max
    Resto: 6892 - 7407
    Elem: 5203 - 5575

6892/5203 = 1.3246 or 32.46% more
    7407/5575 = 1.3286 or 32.86% more

1.25 * 1.06 = 1.325 = 32.5%

Leads me to believe the hotfix is live, but not affecting Healing Stream totem. Did some more number crunching on that as well; Comparing my two specs (elemental and restoration with both Soothing Rains and Spark of Life) with the same gear;
    Elemental: 689 per tick
    Resto: 1386 per tick

Increase of 201%

This corresponds precisely with a 10% increase from Purification, together with 15% and 6% from Spark of Life and 50% from Soothing Rains (1.5*1.1*1.15*1.06 = 2.01 = 201%).

The actual increase, if the hotfix was applied, should be 1.5*1.25*1.15*1.06 = 2.285 or 228.5%. Corresponding values for ticks in resto spec above should then be 1575 instead of 1386.

Consensus is that the hotfix is live, but is not being applied to Healing Stream totem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    Consensus is that the hotfix is live, but is not being applied to Healing Stream totem.
    And I was beginning to think that I was just healing more because of the the psychological aspect of "Yay, I've been buffed!" as I didn't see bigger numbers from HST but could swear that my healing wave went from some 6.8k non-crit to close to 8k non-crit. Though I had got some nice gear upgrades too.

In fact I was beginning to think that I had forgotten what the numbers used to be...

But this would be making sense. HST has been ticking in fully buffed raid environments for about 1.5k for quite some time now in my non-TC spec.

Deleted
    You should go on the PTR and compare your heals to your heals on the live server.

I'm gonna do that since it don't think the fix is live my server yet (Trollbane EU)

From a technical point of view this is also possible as HST counts as pet, thus has its own modifiers. So maybe they just forgot to change that one.

Besides, does anyone of you think the buff was a bit too strong as well? On some fights I top the meters now really high (not only Chim) and I cannot believe that I'm much better than my fellow guildies. So I'm wondering if it will stay as it is. Of course I hope so, we've been suffering enough