Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    now thats epic
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

This is a really awesome concept the nerubian empire was mentioned so often throughout wrath but not much was really ever done with there were a few encounters in it but i think it would have been awesome if they set a zone in the nerubian kingdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiAlex View Post
    I just would like to comment about the levels.... 90-93?

That seems a bit strange to just have 3 levels?
    Yep, level cap is 93. Don't forget to read the bit after that though - I'm up to something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzz View Post
    I thought Northrend wasn't touched by the cataclysm? Because we were there while it happened. We had no idea what the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor looked like until we returned after defeating the Lich King.

Or something like that, isn't that how Blizzard made the lolore?
    Nah. What happened was, Blizzard simply didn't have the time to reboot Northrend on top of everything else they were doing for Cataclysm. They've mentioned they're interested in revamping it to bring the storyline up to speed with the current stuff, but they've made no mention of any specific changes.

Quote Originally Posted by intelmarksetting View Post
    Might i suggest that you can decide between a Scarab race & a Spider race? spiders would resemble something like a human but fused with spider-like features. Scarabs would resemble Dreanei but have scarab features.
    I haven't given any thought to new playable races. I figure I might do some later, although there will be plenty of enemies along the lines of what you described. Check out the Nerubian Infiltrator: http://goldenyak.com/images/fanart/infiltrator.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    Spiders creep me out, don't make an expansion full of them ):

*checks around room for spiders now*
    There's one on the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    I personally hate the removal of raid instances and with this you removed every single raid with the exception of OS and RS (unless I missed that and they are removed too).
    It was a wrench for me to do so, especially Ulduar. But I felt it was necessary to advance all of the story sufficiently. KT and the Lich King are history, Yogg-Saron is dead (?), and Malygos is no more - it makes little sense to retain any of those raids, at least in their current incarnations.

Obliterating the Coliseum was just for fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord DM View Post
    Anyhow, long story short, I SUPPORT THIS IDEA!

Keep. It. UP!!
    Thanks, will do! I fully expect the actual Northrend update to be folded in with an Outlands update. There's nothing really in Outland that has appealed to me the way the ancient history of Azeroth and the Old Gods has though, so I wasn't that interested in doing an Outlands revamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkweava View Post
    This is a really awesome concept the nerubian empire was mentioned so often throughout wrath but not much was really ever done with there were a few encounters in it but i think it would have been awesome if they set a zone in the nerubian kingdom
    You and me both. With this patch 4.1 update in Cata revisiting Burning Crusade content, I'm more hopeful than ever they'll include a Spider Kingdom zone or raid in a future update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me no want to play expansion with spider focus.

Deleted
    Gimme MOAR !!!!

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 10:02 PM ----------

Naaaoo! :d

I feel like there should be more Old God influence in this. They're heavily entwined with the Nerubians now but it seems like the only one you really mentioned is Yogg-Saron who was already defeated. Old Gods are creepy and weird, we need more!

Deleted
    The Only problem I see is the Living Nerubians seem very much bent on being evil.

If you remember they are not allied with the faceless ones and actively detest them, they also seem rather neutral, with the small community that remained during the scourge attack was allied with Branns dwarves.

I'll start by giving you huge credit to the amount of obvious time and art that you've put into your ideas. Your edits on the map look (almost) legit, and your drawn artwork is excellent.

With that being said: I'm not sure if you intend for all of this to be an actual expansion suggestion or if it's just sort of a fanciful display of artistic and creative competency (which could get you a job at Blizzard, if it was impressive enough.) The entire idea of reworking Northrend content to be expansion content is seriously flawed. Azeroth is a much bigger area (Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms) than Northrend or Outlands, and so reworking it was enough work to warrant expansion content, as has already been pointed out.

The reason Azeroth was reworked was because with the BC and LK content, Blizz had raised the bar on quality for nearly every aspect of the game: quests, terrain, npc/boss behaviors, npc art, terrain/dungeon and item art, etc. And it's pretty clear that they felt it necessary to bring the much larger sum of content of WoW Classic up to the new standard. Northrend already meets that standard, and reworking it would simply not be worth it until a much later date, when perhaps Northrend isn't up to the new standard.

Your creative drive and devotion to the ideas are impressive. You should keep in mind that the things you have tried here to design alone (with suggestions) are the things that Blizzard does with entire teams of developers. There are different people to discuss new ideas, design terrain, dungeons, create concept art, write the ideas into the lore, etc. This is because if one person tries to design this much content, and it's expected to meet the Blizzard standard of quality, it would take years.
    Last edited by Necrologic; 2011-02-25 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    That would be a terrible idea, the player base would revolt if given an expansion based on just that.

At best this would be a patch
    It's got more story to it than cataclysm.... Just saying.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Fantastic concept and work Golden Yak.

Maps and ideas look good, now you just need to write novel to set up some additional lore for it

Interesting idea, but very one sided.

following the current trend this will be right after they release the rehash of outlands where we fight burning legion on a new discovered part of outlands

Skimmed it over quickly since I have a lot of stuff to do today, but holy shit bro...

Artwork looks great. As said before, a bit more diversity would be good, considering you are using the whole continent, but what you have done looks great.

Maybe for a zone or two this would be all you need (models I'm talking)
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice job, I enjoy reading fan concepts

Quote Originally Posted by Haakkon View Post
    I feel like there should be more Old God influence in this. They're heavily entwined with the Nerubians now but it seems like the only one you really mentioned is Yogg-Saron who was already defeated. Old Gods are creepy and weird, we need more!
    Defeated, not dead; Was actually more like breaking his hand since Old gods are all under azeroth according to lore

Agreed! we need MOAR =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome work! Really enjoyed the read though the "levelling zones" and the Nerubian underground zone in general should be bigger IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small update with some ideas for the reworked Icecrown Citadel dungeons.

Here's Forge of Souls, Spider Kingdom version:

Forge of Souls

Bosses:

Prince Theraldis

Amal'thazad

Just testing out the format for the Spider Kingdom dungeons I do later, although they'll have original art and maps of course. I'm interested in feedback on the boss ideas and if the ability and fight descriptions are clear enough.

Next update - Pit of Saron and some more concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiquity View Post
    Me no want to play expansion with spider focus.
    I'm starting to wonder if so many people having arachnophobia would be an actual consideration if an expansion themed around spiders were really proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Haakkon View Post
    The Old Gods and their servants are definitely on the rise. I'm a little hesitant to go ahead and make up a new one - they're fairly major characters. But we don't know anything about N'Zoth, and he'll likely be dealt with in Cataclysm anyway. Their presence will be felt though - one of the reason the nerubians are making a comeback is because their race has managed to regain the Old Gods' favor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    The Only problem I see is the Living Nerubians seem very much bent on being evil.
    Big time. In the past the nerubians have found reason to ally themselves with other races. Those days are gone. The Faceless were unleashed on the nerubians to punish them for failing against the Scourge, but they serve the same master now, so their conflict is ended. I will be addressing the neutral community of nerubians that were allied with Brann at some point as well.

@ - Necrologic - This is very much just something I'm doing for fun, and incidentally refine my art skills. I have no illusions of this ever becoming real content, though I do hope that we'll see a Spider Kingdom zone/raid put in by Blizz at some point, and I'd be interested to see if I manage to predict anything. For that reason, I haven't given much thought to development time, gameplay considerations, or things along those lines - I've read that Blizzard hopes to one day advance the Northrend storyline to be in keeping with the current Cataclysm timeline, and so I've attempted to do so using as many existing lore elements as possible (such as bringing back Angerboda and making her into a major villain). While I am trying to make the expansion concept as plausible and realistic as possible, I'm not going to let myself be too constrained by it either.

I'm no stranger to the game design process, and I'd be lying if I said working for Blizzard wouldn't interest me. I'm happy where I am now though, and all this is really just a fan having some fun and sharing ideas. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Fantastic concept and work Golden Yak.

Maps and ideas look good, now you just need to write novel to set up some additional lore for it
    I honestly feel like I've written a novel already, with all the quest storylines I've added to Northrend. @.@ I've used them to try and set up some of the story that will unfold in the Spider Kingdom content, although I'm not quite done yet - still need to rework the Icecrown 5-man dungeons for the last bit of above-ground storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Artwork looks great. As said before, a bit more diversity would be good, considering you are using the whole continent, but what you have done looks great.

Maybe for a zone or two this would be all you need (models I'm talking)
    You mean in terms of new monsters? The Bestiary only holds a few entries right now - there will be more.

Quote Originally Posted by blade5o View Post
    Defeated, not dead; Was actually more like breaking his hand since Old gods are all under azeroth according to lore
    Like C'Thun, Yogg-Saron has been... reduced. But the Old Gods cannot die - destroy their physical form and they'll simply regenerate it or find a new one to inhabit.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Awesome work! Really enjoyed the read though the "levelling zones" and the Nerubian underground zone in general should be bigger IMO.
    The map right now is just a rough idea of where the zones are located. They'll be as big as I need them to be to fit all my ideas in. Right now they're bigger than Catacylsm sized zones, because the leveling progression between them is going to be a little different.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2011-03-04 at 08:55 AM.

Removal of dungeon/raid for sake of seemingly just to remove it would seem to be against Blizz's MO. The fact Bolvar/The Lich King doesn't seem to be doing anything seems somewhat odd, as well. Otherwise, pretty interesting.

Also, it seems like a lot of zones were flooded/destroyed for no particular reason. And the Basin being flooded is just bad to me. It's such a pretty zone and its connections with the Titans would be more worth exploring with Twilight Hammer involvement if its not flooded, imo.
    Last edited by Tavek; 2011-03-04 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Wow, this is some really nice work.

Good work and a lot of effort put into it gj. I'dont really like the idea tho, would prefer something totally new rather than recycled northrend with some underground spider gettos

10+ Year Old Account
    this is sick, good job
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.