Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Deleted
    Brb my roof's collapsing. (Yeah, it was snowed way too much that evening. But after all it was just minor damage and I had a chance to continue playing after like 10 minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    One of the weirdest things I ever read while in a group with randoms was the tank suddenly stopping up, writing "BrB, bleeding".
    What he was doing? I have no idea.
    Most obvious explaination might be that it wasn't a "he"? TMI in that case I guess.

"Sh*t, Ive gotta go, a truckload of burning cats just hit my house" /disconnect.

Once had a raid called off 5mins after it started because the MTs dad was stuck in a window...

Brb septic tank overflowing

a guy in my guild had to leave a raid once because his dad had managed to set the kitchen on fire

i've also had to go afk a few times after my cats bring in live animals, considering we've had 2 pigeons, a monster rat and a squirrel (thankfully all dead) it wont be long before i have to go because my cats just brought in a live child, a small dog or some other living being

bastard animals.... makes me tempted to move my office into another room away from the catflap, you wouldn't believe how often they come in from the rain and leap straight up onto my desk whilst soaking wet, then stand there in front of the screen whilst i'm trying to to kill things

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal favorite everyday I use is "gtg sorry my grandpa just shit himself I gota go clean up" or "my dog took a crap on my bed i gota go clean this up guys sorry"

I have personally seen my friend use

"BRB grandma is eating the cat again."

Only because that is his personal favorite. I have also seen some that are NSFW, so I'll just leave those up to you guys imagine lol.

Deleted
    Been lurking this site for years, but never really have had a reason to create an account untill now.

i have 3 experience of weird afk´s 2 is mine, 1 is my former RL.

1. My former RL, semi-hardcore back in TBC, about 2 mins after we joined the guild and she was chatting with us and telling us to come to raid. "... wait, brb, my meatballs in the kitchen are burning..."

And my personal 2.

1. At teron Gorfiend while he is engaged and a pretty good try. "..Gotto go, my cat is giving birth" (wich she did on the bed beside me). Both me and my healer GF drops and we wipe.

About a month later this hapends...

2. Wait, i think we had a shootout on our yard... oh thats right.. nvm, lets keep playing. 10 mins later. "got to go, the police want to talk with us about the shooting..." (It was some kind of gang-related stuff and no one got hurt)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntic View Post
    Sorry guys, power went out.
    Funny. I see this being used as a example of a bad excuse alot, like it's not possible.
    But actually, i have a laptop with a bad battery. So when the power goes out or something like that, I have about 2 mins untill the computer shuts down.

I've never experienced it while playing WoW tho, so i guess my argument is sort of invalid.

Deleted
    Semi-relevant:

"Brb 5 minutes, my BF wants to fuck."
    - Girl from my guild

I laughed so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    "BrB Cat is riding the dog, shit's getting knocked over."

Most of my gaming disruptions result from curious/rambunctious animals in the house.
    Honestly, laughed out loud at that one.^^

Well for me had a guy mid raid say, "brb 20min, have to go test drive a car"

A Hunter in our guild has a girlfriend that wants to experiment w lesbianism(w one other woman in particular).
    Hunter-"omg that other woman just showed up at our house, brb 10 min"
    Priest in our guild-"dude, chill...take your time"

One that is weird but true:
    "Oh shit the earth is shaking..."
    5 mins later he DC. After one hour we saw in the breaking news that was an 7 richter earth quake in his country.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    One of the weirdest things I ever read while in a group with randoms was the tank suddenly stopping up, writing "BrB, bleeding".
    What he was doing? I have no idea.
    Most obvious explaination might be that it wasn't a "he"? TMI in that case I guess.
    Or he/she got a nosebleed. I get random nosebleeds, not that often, but I've had to use that "excuse" for a couple of times.

Weirdest / saddest thing has been a newish guild member suddenly going afk for a long time in some heroic instance. When he got back online he said he had to go because the paramedics are giving cpr to his father.
    Last edited by Ibis; 2011-03-01 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Uld25 i said "i had to poop brb" my entire guild faintly heard me and my GF in bed, because when i "full screen" (cmd+M) wow while holding my push to talk, vent seems to think I'm still holding it, so they heard faintly everything, and didn't kick me just so they could listen

My favorite to use is "Brb, need to find pants."
    Best one I've seen is "Brb 5 minutes, sex" (we still give him crap for that)
    Worst: "Sorry, leprechauns escaped again, gtg"

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing with my best friend: I said "BRB, Grill fell over"

My grill really did fall over, I had to get a new one.

I will share some of the better ones from guildmates.
    "Hang on someone is at my door." Didnt see him again for six months because apperently his dad came in a ripped out his network wire.
    "Brb I think I am being robbed." He was actually being roobed, he chased the dude out of his house with a bat.
    "I gtg nazi zombies are here." By my guildes tank during a fail pug.
    And my personal favorite
    "Gtg there is some pussy waiting for me at the 7-11" By one of our warlocks right before our guilds first Garr attempt.

And one last one as an antithesis to ones posted above.
    We were about an hour into a planned clear of MC, one of our warlocks said "I think I have a broken rib." Turns out he had fell down while we took a smoke break and broke his rib. Crazy Bastard stayed the whole raid and went to the hospital after.
    Last edited by Oldus; 2011-03-01 at 06:27 PM.

Our raid leader said "brb, someone's at the door" and disappeared for three months. Turned out he got an offshore job or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™