Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Just watched Serenity.

Amazing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you think you can cope without the visual I highly reccomend reading (or listening to the Audio Book which is amazingly well voice-acted, all things considered) 'The Lost Fleet' book series (6 books) by Jack Campbell. Long retreat scenario, lots of battles.

Several of the space battles in Babylon 5 were outstanding. The fx were amazing for the time, and the emotional impact and scope still rocks.

Deleted
    My vote goes for stargate however its Stargate Atlantis that holds most of the space battles.

Few good ones :P

Also i suggest watching the Robotech series and the movie Robotech Shadow Chronicles i know its just a ripoff from Macross but i like them and its basicly only mecha warfare and spacebattles.

Deleted
    Babylon 5 was a series that was made long before its time. The space battles and the story is one of the best i have ever seen in a TV series. Another TV series with a lot of space battles is DS9 .

Last edited by Anthraxxxis; 2011-03-01 at 06:11 PM. Reason: oops

10+ Year Old Account
    If you'll take anime then i have some for you.

Macross series especially the original it suld work well seeing as it haas fighter jets that tun into robots fighting aliens in space hell the entire earth gets shot by lasers partway through(season 1 was brought over as the first Robotech arc)

Gundam Wing, Seed,Seed Destiny, and 00 all of those series should have the explosions and lasers you seek

crazy explosion wise if you don;t mind that the last part is what takes place in space Gurren lagann even on earth theres enough lasers and explosions to make a star wars war scene look like you were watching barney

i know theres more and that there are other better gundam series but for his criteria those fit best. I may be back with more but i do need some rest.

---------- Post added 2011-03-02 at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    My vote goes for stargate however its Stargate Atlantis that holds most of the space battles.

Few good ones :P

Also i suggest watching the Robotech series and the movie Robotech Shadow Chronicles i know its just a ripoff from Macross but i like them and its basicly only mecha warfare and spacebattles.
    LOL was beatend to it i see. ALso just the first season wan sa ripoff of macross(even then not really it used macross as a base rather than trying to replicate it seperately) season 2 was made using stuff from Super Diemnsional Cavalry Southern Cross and 3 was done witha series called Gnesis Climber Mospeda. Apparently they combined em cause back in the 80s a series HAD to have 60-70 something episodes before it could even be considered.

Oh and iu second the stargate series. Man i wanted so much more atlantis.