[Books] A Dance With Dragons out July 12, 2011

I know there's a lot of people here who love the A Song of Ice and Fire series as much as me, and I didn't see a thread yet. So it's been a long time coming, but the book is finally coming out in a few months. I'm incredibly excited for this book and it looks like it's going to be just as strong of a year for fantasy as it's going to be for video games. I'm looking forward to finding out what's happening to all the characters that didn't make it into A Feast for Crows (especially Tyrion, Daenarys, Jon and Arya). Looks like I'm going to be rereading the first four novels in June. So who else is excited especially knowing it's coming much sooner than expected?

It's up on GRRM's blog (I can't post links apparently).

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html there's the site btw...

do I believe it will ACTUALLY be out on this date? No.

am I giddier than a Japanese schoolgirl in a room full of tentacles none-the-less? You're FUCKING RIGHT I AM!!!

AMG 2011 may be shit for everything else, but for Anime, Games and Fantasy novels (read three of my top five things in the WORLD, other than patisserie and movies) this is gunna be a fucking GREAT year
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

It was coming out on 2007... 2008... 2009.

I want to believe it, tho. Don't know how long I can last without showing myself on his footstep to ask "WHAT HAPPENED TO TYRION???!!!" (And Jon. And Daenerys. And Brienne. And Arya. And what *really* happened with Sandor? ^^)

I only started reading Song of Ice and Fire last year, and it immediately became my favorite series of all time. Since I finished A Feast for Crows, I've been chomping at the bit for A Dance With Dragons and I do believe that it will be out on July 12. I know it's been in the making for years, and I know he's given release dates before, but as he said, they're more wishful thinking than anything. This time he has a date, and a countdown timer of all things. If it's not out on July 12, it'll be out shortly thereafter and I've got my pre-order in right now.

I cannot wait for this book, I know you guys have probably been waiting longer than I have, but I don't care, I feel your pain (I kept up with Wheel of Time right up until Jordan died). I really want to know what's become of Brann. I also REALLY want to know what's going on with Samwise, he's a character that surprised me with how awesome he was, and now he's off on his own.

Who else thinks that Rob was a total tool and failed at listening to the one companion he could truly count on? I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    I only started reading Song of Ice and Fire last year, and it immediately became my favorite series of all time. Since I finished A Feast for Crows, I've been chomping at the bit for A Dance With Dragons and I do believe that it will be out on July 12. I know it's been in the making for years, and I know he's given release dates before, but as he said, they're more wishful thinking than anything. This time he has a date, and a countdown timer of all things. If it's not out on July 12, it'll be out shortly thereafter and I've got my pre-order in right now.

I cannot wait for this book, I know you guys have probably been waiting longer than I have, but I don't care, I feel your pain (I kept up with Wheel of Time right up until Jordan died). I really want to know what's become of Brann. I also REALLY want to know what's going on with Samwise, he's a character that surprised me with how awesome he was, and now he's off on his own.

Who else thinks that Rob was a total tool and failed at listening to the one companion he could truly count on? I do.
    How could I forget Brann? :O Wonder where that 3 eyed crow is taking him :> What's the purpose in all his journey :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kworal View Post
    How could I forget Brann? :O Wonder where that 3 eyed crow is taking him :> What's the purpose in all his journey :P
    What's the purpose? To become the most badass skinwalker ever, that's what

I'll believe it when it's in my hands and I'm reading it.