Poll: What Inspired you to PvP?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What inspired you to PvP?

Hello peeps, how are ya all? =)

well, my question to you to day is "What inspired you to PvP?"

For me, it was watching some very high-end people play in arena at S1-3, the way they played was very fast, and back then when i didn't really know much about wow, they just seemed to ooze skill and awesomeness!

ever since then i'v always tried to be better at PvP.

SO, what inspired you?

P.S If you have any extra one's for the poll, just say, and i will think about it. ^^
    P.P.S. How do i edit a poll? =o
    Last edited by mmoc608cbe8d0e; 2011-03-05 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Typo and P.P.S

My main reason was pent-up childhood aggression.

On a more serious note i thought the PvP videos that people were making looked awsome so that sparked my interest. Now i realize that most of those videos are gimics, but PvP has drawn me in on its own from there on out.

Deleted
    probaly the fact im a homicidal maniac

Deleted
    I don't PvP, but clicked on this thread anyways

Deleted
    To get better at WoW really

Deleted
    None of the above, I just like making peoples lives harder and most other types of game abuse will get you banned, so...
    Also, "high-end" players? Really? That's like saying "seeing who can hit a cat with a baseball bat the hardest". "High-end" pvp is just an illusion to keep some of the dimmer players playing.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    in pvp you earn your gear. in pve its a group of 25 people doing a scripted fight, then argue over loot. take your pick.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Out of the options the only one that really applies is the top one.

Watch Orangemarmalade 2v1 video = Massive wowgasm

Deleted
    nice guys, these comments are good. keep em coming >^.^<
    Last edited by mmoc608cbe8d0e; 2011-03-05 at 06:38 PM.

To relieve stress from work. It used to be call of duty, but when I switched to wow, it became battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptnic View Post
    keep me coming >^.^<
    wat.

Quote Originally Posted by rfjuice View Post
    To relieve stress from work. It used to be call of duty, but when I switched to wow, it became battlegrounds.
    Haha, if anything BG's make me even more enraged. Arena is where I relax.. I nearly never get annoyed in Arena 'cause if we lose it's either mine, or my team mates fault. Considering we're both friends we know we learnt from it, and shake it off and win the next 10 games. Whereas in BG's.. I can play flawlessly and we can still lose due to the terrible players you get in them

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally, I just saw blue and purple items available practically for free. I was obsessed with PvE min-maxing, even while doing leveling dungeons, and so I figured that in exchange for looking like an idiot for a couple hours I could get some nice upgrades to difficult-to-find slots.

And then... wow. It was so exciting. It required so much more thinking. There was pressure. You had to move constantly, get behind people, deal with thinking opponents instead of scripts. I got my ass kicked, but instead of feeling annoyed, I just felt like "Rawrrrrr! I'll get you this time!" and charged back into the fray smiling.

Now I get restless and bored every time I try to do PvE content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    in pvp you earn your gear. in pve its a group of 25 people doing a scripted fight, then argue over loot. take your pick.
    You sir, commented like a boss.

This is the reason why I PVP.

I mean, pugging for one is too insane, normal guild doesn't want to do it, endgame guild required application, if I finally got in a raid instance, I wont have 100% chance to get gears that i need.

When PVPing, its "one-man team".

My reason aint listed =/ I started PvP'ing cuz I got bored of raiding, and just thought it would be cool to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Haha, if anything BG's make me even more enraged.
    I just go in blow my cd's and kill a couple people before I die, res and do it again. = D To relieve stress, I forget about winning and focus on killing. = D

10+ Year Old Account
    In PVE raid:

Everything scripted unless players doesnt know what to do and ended up wiping the whole group.

It take average 45 min for the group to actually start the raid.

Lame "no vent, no loot" policy. Suppose the player is actually deaf? Discrimination? I never use Vent because i know what I'm doing and I dont wanna hear some nerds making sounds like they're having sex.

If you're not in hardcore raiding guild (make up 5% of the entire realm), you will have to sell arms and limbs to pug in for a raid.

ah the list can go on.

I actually tried to quit in January because I'm a PVE players and raiding just pissed me off. I came back because one of my friends mentioned about PVP and I decided to give it a try and I love it!

What i learned so far?

PVE players < PVP players

Don't argue with me because you know its true.

Because of pvp, more players learned to mouse turn, marco, keybind, and balance their spells with CC instead of just smashing attack moves.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    Beat me to saying it. PvE is a boring grind, you do the same fight week after week and if you're lucky the piece that you want will drop, but usually its the same piece that dropped the last 3 times and no one needs. Then you have to deal with guild politics and all the garbage that entails.

PvP isn't a grind. Its new and exciting and different for each arena or bg, and you aren't some face in a raid spitting numbers on a single target or doing a ritualistic dance, you can actually make a difference. You can turn the battle yourself or with a small coordinated group of friends and feel good afterwards for actually outplaying another human being. Rather than moving where you're expected to at a given time for a scripted event.

Got hardcore ganked and wanted revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I wanted to get better at wow but failed and now im just rogue who is ganking low geared ppl and feel happy about it
    Learn about consequences before try something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwoww View Post
    balance their spells with CC instead of just smashing attack moves.
    You know that CC was actually important before LK and now after with Cata? Long before Blizz implemented LFD interface people would be kicked from heroics due not know how to use CC.