Thread: [Movie] Super 8

15+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Super 8

This will be amazing, <3 J.J. Abrams. (You'll "see" why the poster is sideways like that in the trailer :P)

I'm definitely excited to see this movie. I just hope it doesn't end up being something super cheesy.
    There's A "Hardmode" In My Pants, And I Want You To "Beat" It.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    • [li]I will track down anyone mentioning an emulated server/sandbox on my forums, find where he lives, and steal all his left shoes.[/li]

I like both J.J Abrams and Spielberg, so I'm really looking forward to it. It looks like it has a goonies feel to it with the whole kid gang and the fat kid lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    God. Why isn't this out yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    Ehm... So, what's in there? Chuck Norris?

If this turns out to be a mixure of "Signs" and "The Happening", then yeah... cheesy.

Looks like something based off of a Stephen king novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Urrg, I started watching, get like 30 second in thinking, Okay, good man he's branching out, gunna try and take a crack at the classic 'Coming of Age Drama' a Genre which only has two settings, excellent and terrible. But it's a good Idea, JJ has proven he's a very good director, sadly he tends to use flashy effects and 'oh no you can't see the badguy, but he's there!' as crutches (see Lost, or Cloverfield), this time he's flying solo, no special effects, to explosions, just the story to carry.... oh wait that train just blew up........yup and now people are bring dragged behind stuff by an unseen monster.... oh JJ, please try something new soon...

ya know the more of his stuff I see, the happier I get that he decided not to make the Dark Tower movies, as unsure as I am that Richie Cunningham can do a good job, I KNOW he'll do a better job than this guy.

sad thing is, UNTIL the train crashed I though this looked like an OK movie, sure it's no Stand By Me, but it looked alright.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks really interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    This will be amazing, <3 J.J. Abrams. (You'll "see" why the poster is sideways like that in the trailer :P)
    I'm afraid I missed it ... why is it sideways and what does Super 8 reference to ?

Actually, it looks pretty good. But I think I will wait for reviews.

looks Meh... might download it on a rainy night but aint gonna pay to see that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    I'm afraid I missed it ... why is it sideways and what does Super 8 reference to ?
    It's sideways because when the train "crashed" the camera dropped and was shown sitting sideways on the ground. And Super 8 is a reference to the Super 8 film format used back then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_8_mm_film

15+ Year Old Account
    So.. is the guy with the deep voice the monster? Either way it looks good and I'd definitely go see it.

Edit: pause at 1:54 for what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    So.. is the guy with the deep voice the monster? Either way it looks good and I'd definitely go see it.

Edit: pause at 1:54 for what I'm talking about.
    That was what I was thinking when I first saw the trailer...but I think it's just an injured black man with blood on his face.
    There's A "Hardmode" In My Pants, And I Want You To "Beat" It.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    • [li]I will track down anyone mentioning an emulated server/sandbox on my forums, find where he lives, and steal all his left shoes.[/li]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Urrg, I started watching, get like 30 second in thinking, Okay, good man he's branching out, gunna try and take a crack at the classic 'Coming of Age Drama' a Genre which only has two settings, excellent and terrible. But it's a good Idea, JJ has proven he's a very good director, sadly he tends to use flashy effects and 'oh no you can't see the badguy, but he's there!' as crutches (see Lost, or Cloverfield), this time he's flying solo, no special effects, to explosions, just the story to carry.... oh wait that train just blew up........yup and now people are bring dragged behind stuff by an unseen monster.... oh JJ, please try something new soon...

ya know the more of his stuff I see, the happier I get that he decided not to make the Dark Tower movies, as unsure as I am that Richie Cunningham can do a good job, I KNOW he'll do a better job than this guy.

sad thing is, UNTIL the train crashed I though this looked like an OK movie, sure it's no Stand By Me, but it looked alright.
    if you didnt see the "badguy" in cloverfield then you need glasses lol. But this does look cool

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

OH MAY LAWD, COACH ERIC TAYLOR!

<3 Kyle Chandler, looks like a great movie, cant wait !

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Ehm... So, what's in there? Chuck Norris?

If this turns out to be a mixure of "Signs" and "The Happening", then yeah... cheesy.

I keep thinking the same thing when I see the trailer. I will be so disappointed if it turns out more like "The Village".
    Araceli - Cenarion Circle