Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's two main things I want to see skyrim do differently from oblivion.

1, No more level scaling. I always hated that everything scaled based off your level. This meant that at higher levels you couldn't ultra faceroll mooks. It also took away any sense of danger from adventuring. That was always one of the great things about morrowind to me. It was completely possible for a low level character to go somewhere dangerous and stupid and get in over their head. That really killed a lot of the fun for me in oblivion.

2, No more freaking staggers in combat. I absolutely hated in oblivion when I would be hit by an attack and my character would be knocked back and stunned for about 1 second. It was just so annoying, and it seemed to get worse at higher levels when things took forever to die, because I would spend a significant amount of time meleeing one mob, even though I had the best sword in the game and max strength. If staggers were removed from the combat system I would have loved oblivion a lot more. As it is though, I actually prefer morrowind's combat simply due to that one mechanic.

Morrowind was amazing. Oblivion wasn't as amazing as Morrowind, yet was still amazing (to me). I'm sure I'll sink more hours than I can possibly fathom into Skyrim, just like I did in the previous two games and their gigantic, unbelievably massive worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by olgierd View Post
    it'll be just like oblivion: Great in previews, hyped to the gills, and touted as the messiah and savior of crpg genre. It will also be delayed "just so all the new and wonderful technology can be perfected."

then when it is released, it will be ten miles wide and an inch deep, with the same bugs and gameplay mechanic hangups that plagued oblivion, and the story on a par with fallout 3 (we took all previous games, mashed them together and threw in a generous dose of bland and anticlimactic; enjoy). All paid reviewers will sheepishly praise it while counting their advances, bethesda fanbois will cream, and people who still remember what an rpg should be will nerdrage on various forums and get banned.

In six months, bethesda will attempt something else, like the next installment of fallout. Obsidian will once again be the real force behind the project, and the same paid reviewers will sheepishly assure us that "this will be nothing like skyrim, and in fact isn't skyrim with guns." oddly enough, people will believe them because obsidian did a pretty decent job on new vegas. And all shall be well again.
    I am creaming myself already!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note I also didn't like the level scaling in Oblivion. In fact, I didn't like the leveling system either. Kinda want just straight up xp.
    Last edited by EuphoricKnave; 2011-03-13 at 11:48 PM.

Ha ha ha wow vladinator that is an awesome link I cant believe one person made that ...well animated it ...seems like a lot of work ..

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Hardest I've laughed all week xD

its kinda how i felt when i first say the trailer

Deleted
    No more level scaling.
    I hope this is true.
    We might finally collect some items in Skyrim, and not just wait till bandits are high level and kill them for BIS stuff...

Oblivion and Morrowind are two of the greatest rpg games of our time. I have zero doubt that Skyrim will be brilliant. The only real problem I had with Oblivion is that leveling can be awkward due to scaling.

i really liked Oblivion but after abit it did get very repetative so i stopped :P i hope Skyrim will be really cool looking forwrd to it. love my RPG games ^^

I remember watching Oblivion 2005 E3 demonstrations and getting hyped from the graphics and features. Then playing the actual game and getting dissapointed how bad it looked compared to the old videos, like "where's my soft shadows!?".

But hey, that's what you get when a new console came out and it had to be made on it too. On Skyrim, they haven't even gone that way since it's going to be console port from the beginning. I just hope it's going to be decent looking/playing on the PC too...

Quote Originally Posted by High Gravity View Post
    Ha ha ha wow vladinator that is an awesome link I cant believe one person made that ...well animated it ...seems like a lot of work ..
    keep in mind that was from the first trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGMOMkACtn4

they released and even more nerdgasmic one:

Really looking forward to skyrim it seems like there will be more to do compared to oblivion (such as being able to farm/mine in cities etc). But lets hope the voice actors put some emotion into the voices this time around, in oblivion the voice actors sounded bored out of their minds (especially jaufree, i simply couldnt take him seriously).

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    I played oblivion for about an hour before deleting it. I wasn't impressed at all. No feeling, no character, just a huge world with no personality whatsoever.
    that's what you get for pirating

ot:it will be great

They've brought in the combat team from Dark Messiah.
    That fact alone is going to make this game a day one buy for me. Dark Messiah combat in an open world with multiple playstyles....the possibilities are terrifyingly good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd77 View Post
    I will gank someone with mobs on them.
    I will gank someone with 10% health.
    I will gank regardless of 'reds' situation.

cope

I really can't wait for this game, personally. I plan to put WoW on hold - I played Oblivion for a good year straight! And the trailer for Skyrim looks amazing.

It's funny how the music in the trailer is a reminiscence of Morrowind's main theme (this was also the case with music used in the main menu of Oblivion)

Quote Originally Posted by Anrd View Post
    It's funny how the music in the trailer is a reminiscence of Morrowind's main theme (this was also the case with music used in the main menu of Oblivion)
    There's a youtube video of all three themes played over top of eachother. They synch up flawlessly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H7kjsRQG-k
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd77 View Post
    I will gank someone with mobs on them.
    I will gank someone with 10% health.
    I will gank regardless of 'reds' situation.

cope

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Never played Oblivion but heard a lot, seen some articles and etc. I like the concept, shame no multiplayer.
    Will be buying I think.

Edit: Also I found info about level scaling- It will be lot smarter in Skyrim.
    Last edited by chemicader; 2011-03-14 at 01:31 PM.

skyrim trailer looks bad as hell, if it's remotely as epic it will be great

---------- Post added 2011-03-14 at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    Never played Oblivion but heard a lot, seen some articles and etc. I like the concept, shame no multiplayer.
    Will be buying I think.

Edit: Also I found info about level scaling- It will be lot smarter in Skyrim.
    multiplayer online = trash of the internet is with you, it's a huge downfall in online gaming right now and every game is like it, people just need to have their asses kicked more but parents are busy avoiding their kids so they grow up online now

multiplayer with buds = doesn't work in a game like this, you should pick up one of the other ES games and check it out, they're still really good even today and cheap cheap cheap

---------- Post added 2011-03-14 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZombifiedRob View Post
    There's a youtube video of all three themes played over top of eachother. They synch up flawlessly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H7kjsRQG-k
    that was bad as hell

can't wait for skyrim and gw2

Deleted
    Oblivion is always a game that I get a feeling I want to play it so badly. I install it and play for about 2 days and end up just getting bored or annoyed. The story is good, and its really nice to follow. I just get really pissed off with the gameplay;

If you are a warrior you run at around 0.2mps.
    If you are an Archer or Mage you miss all the time because the projectiles are so slow.

Its a fantastic game, even I can see that, but the gameplay leaves a funny taste in your mouth and only annoys me when I play it. I hope Skyrim will improve on that.