Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    hey man Medìk here, i have the same setup you do except for resto druid we have a shammy, and i also heal a hunter/mage kiting combo during P1, i feel i can shed some advice and knowledge your way to help out as we just downed nef this past week for our first time.

P1 healing: I start off the encounter throwing lightwell in the center of the room, then jumping into Chakra Serenity. i like to keep a rolling renew up on the hunter via Heal spam in Serenity as well as having the HW: Serenity to heal incoming spike damage to the hunter. One thing your NEED to be doing if you aren't already is properly switching to Inner Will ANYTIME you perform ANY instant cast to concerve mana if your having mana issues. and of course properly switching back to Inner Fire when casting heals. that said, what i like to do is keep PWS on the hunter on Weakened Soul's CD to help mitigate spikes in damage but more importantly to grant him Body and Soul to help him kite to avoid damage, i like to keep PWS on the mage when he goes in to Nova as if he's to close after a nova he will take some serious spike damage as well, just keep PoM on the hunter PWS on cd and keep spamming heal and HW:Serenity on him to keep him up this is very mana efficient and should keep them alive long enough until adds die. as for electrocute healing i've been experimenting as i have Dark Intent on myself with renew healing along with Lightwell and after Electrocutes i've been renewing the entire raid while in Inner Will of course and having them click lightwell along with CoH. (again this may not be the smartest way i've been experimenting along with Dark intent) we also have a shaman immediately after the first electrocute drop mana tide... although much of it gets wasted as we spike back to 100% mana quickly from it we do this to get 3 mana tides into the encounter. for you i would reccommend having the raid properly distributed so that you can POH the raid back up along with CoH and everyone should be using up lightwell during electrocutes. without mana tide this should leave you entering Phase 2 with somewhere around 75 - 80% mana.

P2 healing: this is where i think you will find the most usefull information. in P2 believe it or not i actually regen A LOT of mana healing with this technique. what i do is stay in Chakra Serenity, hop into Inner Will throw PoM first then renew on everyone on my pillar, jump back to Inner Fire and continue to spam Heal to keep renews rolling, using HW:Serenity on CD and SoL Proccs along with jumping back into Inner Will to recast PoM when the 5th PoM jump is used up, (important not to recast PoM on CD but rather when the 5th PoM is used up) healing with this meathod during phase to allows me to actually regen mana and i do NOT use lightwell on my pillar, you want to throw it down immediately when you jump off of the pillars near where your group is tanking him to help with healing after electrocutes. It's important to note that we do not push ANY electrocutes during P2 and Interrupters HAVE to not let ANY blast nova's off and you will be able to regen mana or stay steady at mana with this method given the amount of spirit that you have.

edit: i also recommend what above posters have stated about re arranging it so that you only heal 3 members total on your platform that is what i do when i heal with this method. hope everything helps
    Last edited by blitzkrieg3002; 2011-03-15 at 06:34 PM.

that boss has an enrage wipe talent at the end of 5 minutes the priests cool downs are 5,6 and 8 minutes there is no managing cool downs when the boss has do be dead in 5 minutes. Numbers don't lie Recount is accurate it was just updated 2 more times for Cata in the last month.

5.2% vers the rest of the healers at 30% or 68% or more there is no argument for those saying priest regen is not broken. They are talking off emotion not numbers and facts.
    Last edited by Oathanvil; 2011-03-15 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Oathanvil View Post
    that boss has an enrage wipe talent at the end of 5 minutes the priests cool downs are 5,6 and 8 minutes there is no managing cool downs when the boss has do be dead in 5 minutes. Numbers don't lie Recount is accurate it was just updated 2 more times for Cata in the last month.

5.2% vers the rest of the healers at 30% or 68% or more there is no argument for those saying priest regen is not broken. They are talking off emotion not numbers and facts.
    get tsunami deck and jar of ancient remedies and priest 4 set bonus and then tell me priest regen is broken, i have no mana issues at all L2P
    Last edited by blitzkrieg3002; 2011-03-15 at 06:29 PM.

Whoever said holy priest have the worst mana regen in the game is SOOO wrong its funny. Without my normal things up i have 6k mana regen with all Procs i have 8.5k mana regen (in combat ofc). Tailoring+Tsunami+Heartsong+4set+Fall of Mortality Proc (its procs ALOT) = I have full mana through the whole fight........ I dont oom at all anymore unless i mean to at the end of fights to screw around with numbers!

Pretty sure thats the best mana regen in any class. Not to mention if ur swapping between Inner Will and Inner Fire depending on the Phases of the Fights like you should be.

Also read Blitzkrieg3002 he pretty much says what u need to do
    Last edited by Tuttles; 2011-03-15 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttles View Post
    Whoever said holy priest have the worst mana regen in the game is SOOO wrong its funny. Without my normal things up i have 6k mana regen with all Procs i have 8.5k mana regen (in combat ofc). Tailoring+Tsunami+Heartsong+4set+Fall of Mortality Proc (its procs ALOT) = I have full mana through the whole fight........ I dont oom at all anymore unless i mean to at the end of fights to screw around with numbers!

Pretty sure thats the best mana regen in any class. Not to mention if ur swapping between Inner Will and Inner Fire depending on the Phases of the Fights like you should be.

Also read Blitzkrieg3002 he pretty much says what u need to do
    Just because you can get the highest combat regen does not mean you have the best mana regen. Most of the other classes get their mana through external cooldowns and not spirit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Just because you can get the highest combat regen does not mean you have the best mana regen. Most of the other classes get their mana through external cooldowns and not spirit.
    you say it as if priests don't have those too.

Deleted
    As a holy priest the only "real" mana cooldown we have is shadowfiend, not exactly the same as say seal of insight, revitalize, telluric currents or rapture in terms of mana restored...

15+ Year Old Account
    but none of those you are comparing sfiend with are cooldowns, the sfiend equivalent of other classes are Divine Plea, Innervate and Mana Tide Totem.

Usually about 30s after Nef comes down, or whenever you get the chance before the first crackle, run and toss a lightwell down on your platform. It's not necessary to have a lightwell for phase crackles as there's really a small amount of raid healing in phase 1. If you find you're running low on mana in phase 1, it's because you're doing it wrong. Have your team stack on nef to avoid tailswipes. Use heal often in phase 1 to save mana. You should be ~75% mana by the time phase 2 comes. I usually shadowfiend at the beginning of phase 2 and this allows me to shadowfiend again in phase 3 (if you are not specced for veiled shadows, then shadowfiend as early as possible during phase 1). Your second shadowfiend during phase 3 should be used with Hymn of Hope; it shouldn't be hard to find the time to do it.

I use sanctuary state for phase 2 and make sure everyone on my platform is in my group. Do not PoM on cooldown. PoM the lowest health player whenever the buff dissipates. Toss out CoH/PoH whenever 3+ players can benefit from it. Renew players who are getting low (below 50%). Otherwise, just toss out Greater Heals and Heals when you can. You will have TWO lightwells for phase 2, you should be glyphed for them, and the lightwells should both be used up completely. Tell your raid members to click it whenever they're not at 100%; it's not like they have much else to do. A lightwell charge is practically a greater heal and makes this phase a total joke if you're not pushing a crackle.

Deleted
    All I am using as holy(though it is not my main specc) is Renew on my targets then cast Heal to refresh them. That is all I do until Crackle comes. When Crackle is about to come, I preshield myself, I Binding Heal/Flash Heal those who need to be topped(usually not anyone) and precast a Binding Heal on a target I know won't have a damage mitigation ability. Then I cast 2-3 more and then go back to normal mode. I usually toss a Shadowfiend combined with Hymn of Hope after first Crackle in p2. Lightwell is of course up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    but none of those you are comparing sfiend with are cooldowns, the sfiend equivalent of other classes are Divine Plea, Innervate and Mana Tide Totem.
    Yes and that's the point. As a holy priest you don't have one. I might have 1500-2000 more mana regen than a holy paladin, but when he judge for 3500mana every 8 seconds that mana regen is about the same. Or a disc priest gaining 8500mana every 12 seconds and so the list continues.

Deleted
    I am simply kiting the adds with Righteous Fury on, beacon on the tank tanking Nefi.
    One druid is healing the Onyxia tank, while priest is on Nefi tank.

If using holy pala..-> Use Holy wrath first to stun the first 3 adds, gather up the rest.. have a frost trap tossed in the middle, all adds should be gathered in the middle making way for Frost Nova by Mage, then Hungering Cold by DK, Holy wrath stun and at the same time Ring of Frost is placed by Mage.. all adds should be down in that time.. if not use normal stun.
    Make sure the paladin is constantly on the move, and definately moving a few yards away when they are under cc.

I quite often go low in phase 2, having to heal a platform with 4 people on. Just use your cds proper, and have a healer tank the adds (if you got a holy pala), otherwise just use a kiter with good movement skills.

Tell your hunter to get glyph of raptor strike and start using it. 20% less dmg on every crackle, 20% less damage under the whole phase 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg3002 View Post
    get tsunami deck and jar of ancient remedies and priest 4 set bonus and then tell me priest regen is broken, i have no mana issues at all L2P
    Well he was kindly asking for that exactly, so youre post is quite... useless really. We are happy to know that u can play (if this message is an actual indication that u can play). So stop being rude to players asking for genuine advice..
    Not everyone has time to do archeology non stop, or the luck to get the trinket. Furthermore buying the tsunami trinket can for some people be a quite high gold price to pay. Not everyone runs around with 100k plus or has the time to farm it.
    He also needs luck in getting 4 tier items.. i mean the things u mention aint something u just pick up at the streetcorner without problems u know..
    So come with some real suggestions instead of your somewhat rude and arrogant post..

Because at the end of the day, noone really cares if YOU can play or not.. what we care about, is helping this guy be better, or perhaps do things differently.
    So really.. sod off.

(Edited for spelling mistake)

Quote Originally Posted by Weedow View Post
    Well he was kindly asking for that exactly, so youre post is quite... useless really. We are happy to know that u can play (if this message is an actual indication that u can play). So stop being rude to players asking for genuine advice..
    Not everyone has time to do archeology non stop, or the luck to get the trinket. Furthermore buying the tsunami trinket can for some people be a quite high gold price to pay. Not everyone runs around with 100k plus or has the time to farm it.
    He also needs luck in getting 4 tier items.. i mean the things u mention aint something u just pick up at the streetcorner without problems u know..
    So come with some real suggestions instead of your somewhat rude and arrogant post..

Because at the end of the day, noone really cares if YOU can play or not.. what we care about, is helping this guy be better, or perhaps do things differently.
    So really.. sod off.

(Edited for spelling mistake)
    you do see that i wasn't responding to the OP, i was quoting oathanvil who was crying about holy priest regen and how we're the worst in the game and basically rubbed off as a baddie... if you scroll up you'll see i posted an entire couple of paragraphs to help the op out. i'm here to help, and to put an end to annoying trolls spreading bad info like the complaints spread by oathanvil. priest combat regen is the best in game, because we don't have cd's doesn't really mean shit, i find myself having too much regen atm not even being able to use shadowfein and reforging out of spirit so it kills me to see annoying posts like the one that he posted.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcontribution View Post
    I've been stuck solo healing a platform of a good 7-8 people myself (h pally went to the wrong one) the lightwell. make sure they use it after crackles and when first getting up there. Get everyone in a group and spamming POH will keep them up (stacking mastery and the glyph = easy)

I attempt to go in at full, or near full, sometimes chugging a concentration pot if we've had some problems with bad turning of ony and the such, or if tank heals weren't up to par.

I end the phase empty, but with my shadowfiend and hymn of hope and arcane torrent i'm popped right back up there and have np healing phase three.

Good lcuk
    This guy does the fight similar to me and I find it works well too. Although I do this fight as disc (which I think you should consider, PW:B, Pain Suppression are very nice for mitigating damage on raid/tank for cackles) I find that I don't need to use much mana in P1 as long as the person kiting isn't screwing up. After adds are down I help on the Nef tank with just low mana spells (heal/penance/bubble as disc, or heal, HW:Serenity as holy and no matter what Mending always on CD). This lets me go into P2 around 75%-100% mana again depending on how much healing the kiter needed, while running to the pillar I make sure to drop a mending on the lowest HP target for my pillar so it will jump around while magma is stacked. This is the part where you have to be careful about what you use to heal. If there are not at least 3 people on your pillar that are in the same group then don't bother with PoH and just use CoH, PoM, and Binding Heal (very effective for this fight if you are getting the full heal on both people, together its about 30-40% more healing than a flash heal for the same mana). Use any short mana CDs here such as arcane torrent, trinket pop, and mana potion but only if really needed). This should leave you with Fiend, Hymn, and hopefully your potion left over, and is now a matter of not panicing and being effective. If your groups is doing phase 3 correctly no one but the tanks should take damage from anything but cackle, which means don't panic after everyone and drop unreasonable amounts of mana just so that everyone is topped 15 seconds before the next cackle).

It's a pretty tough fight on all healers, if you are still having trouble make sure all of your dps are doing things to mitigate damage from cackle, even if its small like the reduced AoE damage from Feint.

Deleted
    When I go into p2 I allways put Renew on all targets at my platform before rotating around with binding heal, Heal, greater heal and keeping serenity on CD. This way I can regen quite a lot of mana in p2 while easily keeping everyone topped of.

Deleted
    Thank you all for the responses and advices.

As for the resto shaman - we are very small 10 guild, and we dont have resto shaman.
    I will try to absorb as much of advices as possible.

Deleted
    Everything has pretty much been said.. There are a lot of threads just like this one btw.

Have only one kiter in P1. Try to get nef lower than 78 before pushing P2.
    I put my lightwell (glyphed) on my platform a short while after nef comes down. That way, you can put another one in the middle of P2.
    If you stay near your platform before P2, you can probably take a concentration potion before swimming in the lava.

As the healer of the 4-man platform, I guess you could ask to have low-damage taking/healing classes on your platform (rogue, warlock, prot pally). Keep renew rolling on all four of you. Refresh with Chakra:Serenity (binding heal refreshes both now I think). Don't keep everyone topped off, only do so when your about to have a crackle, and ask them to help you with the lightwell at that moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Use renew and pom, move the people on your platform into the same group as you for poh before you start.