Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pokemon Black/White team

I'm currently on my play through of Pokemon Black and have 3 main pokemon in my team and in need of a fourth but not sure what to get to compliment them.
    I have Eelektrik lvl 43, Samurott lvl 43 and Victini lvl 44.
    If anybody has any suggestions would love to hear them.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get the three legendaries, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Verizion. You'll need to get Cobalion first though as he unlocks the other two.
    I would also get Archeops from the Plume fossil in the relic castle.

Deleted
    Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus is pretty decent if you want a Dragon. Excadrill and Darmanitan are pretty overpowered as well.

Chandelure
    Jellicent
    Exedrill

All 3 are boarderline legendary w/o being legendary.. most if not all "pro" players use these 3 in their team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, was looking at Archeops trying not to get too many legendaries or I'll feel like im cheating too much!!

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 09:47 PM ----------

Jellicent is a good idea, didnt think of that one, too hard learning all the pokemon at once!!

Deleted
    My team is Samurott (Adamant), Eelektross (Modest), Zoroark (Naive), Excadrill (Adamant), Sigilyph (Modest) and Reshiram (Modest).

But yeah, back on topic, I would highly recommend you get an Excadrill and teach it Bulldozer as it has a TRUCK load of resistances and two immunities against poison and electric (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Excadrill)

If you can pick up Zoroark, if not get a Jellicent and/or Chandelure.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by mmoc8c253b142b; 2011-03-15 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of my suggestions: (Working my way towards finishing post game, about 75% through the game so far)

***Musharna(Evolved form of Munna) - easy to find psychic pokemon with great health, and decent special attack, but very slow. Starts with hynosis which is nice, and psybeam which is a nice 65 power psychic move. The main problem is that psychic pokemon aren't that useful I found since there are no poison type gym leaders or E4 members, and only one fighting type E4 member. Major problem here is that Musharna can't learn any more powerful psychic moves than psybeam outside of TMs, (Psychic and Psyshock TM are only found post game, which fucking sucks).

***Later on in my game I regretted choosing Musharna over Reuniculus (I play White version, the gotchic lolita pokemon is the black psychic alternative of reuniculus, which is inferior). Reun has better stats and a better move pool imo. I rarely used Musharna because 65 just doesn't cut it especially when combined with it's un-amazing Special attack. That flying psychic is a good alternative, but I'm not a massive fan of dual types like that where they don't compliment eachother and only serve to add weaknesses (flight moves are mostly phys based).

Samurott - Water is handy, in you can even use it for surf and waterfall, both good attacks since Samurott's Special attack is great and he learns sword's dance to supplement waterfall if you need it, still limited use though.

Cobalion - Fucking fantastic pokemon. Steel and fighting? Yes please. Fighting is incredibly useful in this game imo, and I used Throh 'til level 40 before I got him. I think you can get him with 5 or 6 badges or as soon as you get surf, so make sure you get him, his moves are powerful, he has great defences and he'll save your ass many times. Virizion is shit imo, but then again I have an aversion to grass types for some reason. Terrakion is good too, but he comes a little late, and I'm not a fan of rock either. Cobalion has by far the best survivability out of the three, great speed and some decently powerful attacks to go with it - one of steel and one of fighting - you can destroy any Ice/Normal/Rock/Steel/Dark pokemon with this guy.

Thundurus - Flying and Lightning never goes down badly. Problem is he only learns two shitty flying moves I believe, fly and something else. His attack stats are fairly balanced even though it favours special, but he's super quick too and the thunderbolt TM isn't hard to find. Teach him Thunderbolt and fly, and roflstomp any water/flying/bug/grass mongrel that comes your way.

I was using Vanillice/Vanillish/Vanilluxe (fucking retarded looks, but best unova ice pokemon by far) for a while, but soon replaced it for something different as I didn't like how frail it was. Great for sweeping the 8th gym though.

The elite 4 has a Psychic and a ghost member, so you're probably thinking, well what about a dark pokemon? Well, the dark pokemon in the pre-game fucking suck iirc. You could catch a deino in victory road but you'd have to level it to 64 to get Hydreigon before you faced the E4 for the first time, a frankly worthless endeavour, though you might consider it for the long term and post game E4. However, I beat the ghost one by targetting second type weaknesses and used Samurott's megahorn (taught by the move relearner for samurott ONLY) to destroy most of the psychics. Cobalion basically raped the dark E4 member.

Post game is where a little strategy comes into it though, since the E4 and final bit can be outlevelled easily by fighting every trainer along the way or at least level matched. Post game the lowest trainer levels are 62, mostly 65+. Then types and strat become more important.

There's one pokemon you're going to want to get your hands on post game, and it's name is volcarona. I don't know if you've heard of quiver dance, but holy shit, that move is so fucking awesome (Speed, Sp atk, sp def all raised in one turn). First of all you catch it at level 70 in the relic castle basement which will most likely boost your team's power by a massive margin, second of all it's bug/fire type - awesome, and thirdly it's Sp atk, sp def, and speed are already great. I challenged Cynthia with her level 75+ pokemon in Undella not knowing what was ahead of me, I did a few quiver dances and swept the whole team, including a level 77 Garchomp. Get that and you could probably beat the game with that pokemon alone.
    Last edited by Tuvok; 2011-03-15 at 10:12 PM.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Archeops is brutal, simple as that. Just don't switch it in as it's also very squishy. If used right it one-shots nearly everything using Acrobatics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Archeops is brutal, simple as that. Just don't switch it in as it's also very squishy. If used right it one-shots nearly everything using Acrobatics
    Where the fuck do I turn in that fossil for the pokemon? The museum? Just don't let it go under 50% health, because it'll fucking suck then :P

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfanos View Post
    My team is Samurott (Adamant), Eelektross (Modest), Zoroark (Naive), Excadrill (Adamant), Sigilyph (Modest) and Reshiram (Modest).

But yeah, back on topic, I would highly recommend you get an Excadrill and teach it Bulldozer as it has a TRUCK load of resistances and two immunities against poison and electric (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Excadrill)

If you can pick up Zoroark, if not get a Jellicent and/or Chandelure.

Hope that helps
    Volcarona kicks chandelure's ass. I know chandelure has amazing sp atk but come on, quiver dance that shit.

Jellicent is so fucking annoying, so I guess it's good to have it on your side. I didn't know it was ghost/water and went through loads of attacks before I found one that wasn't ineffective :<. As for excadrill, he is pretty damn great, sadly I never found a place for him on my team though. Crazy ass attacking power though.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reached the point in the game to go and get Cobalion, so will definately make that my next mission.
    Would love Zoroark but theyve made that the hardest to get pokemon if you havent played all the games and got all event pokemon by the looks of it. I traded in my pearl and platinum so no Celebi.
    Thanks everyone for the great advice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lozenger View Post
    Just reached the point in the game to go and get Cobalion, so will definately make that my next mission.
    Would love Zoroark but theyve made that the hardest to get pokemon if you havent played all the games and got all event pokemon by the looks of it. I traded in my pearl and platinum so no Celebi.
    Nps, I've faced a few problems myself, but they've really outdone themselves with this game. For one thing even though the plot still isn't utterly compelling it's leaps and bounds above the shit that came before it. Of course I hate how you can't interact with an NPC without receiving some philosophical dialogue on the importance of accepting the ideals of others. The level/exp problems from SS/HG have been mostly taken care of, albeit too much as the lucky egg and abundance of trainers in the world before the E4 means that you will mostly likely outlevel them and level match the final boss (trying not to spoil shit here, as the plot is a little different).

Just watch out for the Ghost E4 member, that's the only one I had to retry for (haven't faced them the second time). If you don't have a dark type, you will need a varied type team to take down their secondary types, and also have to brute force down her mummy pokemon which can be a pain in the ass.

I just caught Kyurem the legendary Ice dragon a couple of hours ago from the giant chasm, which I'm replacing my bouffalant with (I wanted a nice normal type, and while he oneshots a lot of things with his recoil damage passive ability and a 120 dmg head charge move with STAB bonus, I hated the recoil damage).

Right now my team is:
    Cobalion Lv. 61 with:
    Swords Dance, Iron Head, Sacred Sword, and Toxic
    Musharna Lv. 61 with:
    Calm Mind, Psychic, Psyshock, Hypnosis
    Samurott Lv. 60 with:
    Dive, Surf, Waterfall, Swords Dance
    Thundurus Lv. 65 with:
    Fly, Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt
    Volcarona Lv. 72 with:
    Will-O-Wisp, Quiver Dance (/boner), Heat Wave, Bug Buzz
    Lyurem Lv. 75 with:
    Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, and two shitty moves I haven't bothered to replace yet.

My team would be totally shit if it wasn't for TM usage. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Psyshock, Surf, Toxic and Swords dance (although swords dance is learned by level for most of them) wouldn't be possible without TMs.

Lesson from this post: Don't neglect getting good TMs.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    My Team going through the story was as followed.

Emboar - Durable physical attacker.
    Archeops - fast physical attacker.
    Krookodile - fast physical attacker, used to take down hard hitting enemies with foul play.
    Gavatula - Special attacker, volt switch is awesome on this guy.
    Haxorus - Physical Dragon.
    Lilligant - Special attacker and able to make them sleep.

I went with a very aggresive team and it works going through Gen 5.

My current Team is practically the same save for Emboar switched for a soon to be Volcarona.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the team I am getting ready to start EV training. Took me 3 hours worth of breeding and hatching the other day to get the natures and abilities I wanted. Honestly, I need to find someone willing to trade a pokerus infected mon to me.

Samurott - Adamant 252hp/252atk/4spd
    -Waterfall
    -Megahorn
    -Aqua Jet
    -Swords Dance

Krookadile - Hasty 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit
    -Stone Edge

Chandelure - Bold 252HP/252Def/4Spe
    -Flamethrower
    -Pain Split
    -Shadow Ball
    -Calm Mind

Haxorus - Adamant 4hp/252atk/252spe
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Brick Break

Cofagrigus - Bold 252HP/252 Def/4Spe
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Calm Mind
    -Shadow Ball
    -Rest

Hydregion - Timid 4HP/252SpA/252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Dark Pulse
    -U-Turn
    -Draco Meteor

Deleted
    Evian, your team is very open to a fighting, dark of bug type taking down alot of your heavier hitters.

Also your chandelure and cofagrigus seem to be doing the same thing, I'd suggest you replace one of them with something that can block special attacks better, or maybe Ferrothorn, that sucker is a beast of a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by lozenger View Post
    For a Zoroark (or even Zorua, it's pre-evolved form), head over to www.serebii.net and signup in their forums. They got a full Black & White Wi-fi Trade Forum. I actually just got a Zorua for a random trade. Alot of the guys there are really cool. I plan to pay the guy back after with one of ones he asked for from Gen 3 or 4. So yeah, hit them up, can usually find plenty nice folks to trade with there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Evian, your team is very open to a fighting, dark of bug type taking down alot of your heavier hitters.

Also your chandelure and cofagrigus seem to be doing the same thing, I'd suggest you replace one of them with something that can block special attacks better, or maybe Ferrothorn, that sucker is a beast of a wall.
    One word, Volcarona. That pokemon would ruin his day.
    "The truth, my goal."

Samourott
    Excadrill
    Scolipede
    Gigalith
    Volcarona
    Golurk

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    One word, Volcarona. That pokemon would ruin his day.
    Indeed, only thing that seems to even Hurt Volcarona is Archeops designed for speed and with stone edge and even then thats it it catches it with no quiver dances.

My team is Serperior, Swoobat, Zoroark, Musharna, Throh, and Darmanitan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorllin View Post
    My team is Serperior, Swoobat, Zoroark, Musharna, Throh, and Darmanitan.
    Volcarona would basically single-handedly destroy your entire team, almost >.<
    "The truth, my goal."