Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't see any clarification of what stats are the best to have. What's the best secondary stats? I think crit>mastery>haste is correct at least, but where in there does hit and expertise jump in?
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    I couldn't see any clarification of what stats are the best to have. What's the best secondary stats? I think crit>mastery>haste is correct at least, but where in there does hit and expertise jump in?
    Dodge is our best stat. Always reforge to it. Then mastery. Crit and expertise soft cap are quite equal. Then hit and lastly haste.
    Dodge > mastery > crit = expertise soft cap (26) > hit = expertise hard cap (56) > haste.

I'm curious, i thought this threat but can't find it so must have been another where it was said Permafrost Signet of the Rockslab (dodge/mastery str ring) was the only str item a druid would use.

My question is if this would hold true for relic, being the same itemisation of dodge/mastery on the str relic that's unavailable on agi relics.

107 str
    72 dodge
    72 mastery

vs

107 agi
    72 crit
    44 haste
    28 dodge

Opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    107Agi + 28 Dodge much greater than 72 Dodge + 72 Mastery
    Victoria Aut Mors

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    I'm curious, i thought this threat but can't find it so must have been another where it was said Permafrost Signet of the Rockslab (dodge/mastery str ring) was the only str item a druid would use.

My question is if this would hold true for relic, being the same itemisation of dodge/mastery on the str relic that's unavailable on agi relics.

107 str
    72 dodge
    72 mastery

vs

107 agi
    72 crit
    44 haste
    28 dodge

Opinions?
    Viscius relic is actually the best. + it will save you 700 valor. And you can get it in a day.
    (When i say better, i mean, beats (107 agi,72 crit,44 haste,28 dodge) by 1 point on https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...FE&hl=en#gid=0
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    Viscius relic is actually the best. + it will save you 700 valor. And you can get it in a day.
    (When i say better, i mean, beats (107 agi,72 crit,44 haste,28 dodge) by 1 point on https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...FE&hl=en#gid=0
    This is true. However you have to pvp. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    This is true. However you have to pvp. >.>
    The trick was to do it before they nerfed us pvp wise (berserk breaking fear, and shifting out of rooting effects).
    Me & a shammy mate won 80% of our games, without any pvp gear (i think he did have a pvp trinket though). Our estimated rating was 1,900 too lol. >.<
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Do you think you could add a log section on the bottom of the guide? By doing that it will be easier to track what's added/changed and when. As of now, I have no idea what's updated in this guide and what's not, so I don't dare use it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Do you think you could add a log section on the bottom of the guide? By doing that it will be easier to track what's added/changed and when. As of now, I have no idea what's updated in this guide and what's not, so I don't dare use it yet.
    Ok, I will start adding a log.

However everything is mostly code problem or added info.

I am working on the spell lists, it is mostly trying to get the code to link the right spells.

Okay, so there aren't any entire sections that are not updated as of yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Okay, so there aren't any entire sections that are not updated as of yet?
    The only section that been updated is the 346 BiS.

372 will be add later this week same with the Spell list.

372 will be add later this week same with the Spell list.
    372 is the same as 359 except the helm and a ring >.>

372 is the same as 359 except the helm and a ring >.>
    I know that, you do not understand that i have to deal with the coding, so that it will link or show you the gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    I know that, you do not understand that i have to deal with the coding, so that it will link or show you the gears.
    Oh, I know that. I've already done it.

Some of this guide is misleading after a certain point in progression. Agility works out slightly ahead on spreadsheets (although RAWR was not determing values correctly and so this is questionable), but once you're about 3 fights into heroic modes, the damage from the fights is too high and too much of the dangerous bursts are magic to make gemming agility the best choice, particularly in 10man. In 25man there is more leeway in this regard with more people in the raid and the fights not being tuned nearly as tightly as 10man heroics are.
    If you're bear tanking 10man heroic modes I would strongly recommend gemming stamina and using 2 green mastery+stam gems to meet your meta requirement, if they put you over the threshold to gain an extra full point of mastery, otherwise mix in 1 or 2 green dodge+stam gems to meet your meta (depending on how your mastery situation is, and how close you are to rolling over another % in savage defense absorbs).
    By swapping out the simulator's agility recommendation in favor of stamina you lose about 4% avoidance and gain about 10k health, which is relevant not only in adding 10k to the bottom of your healthpool but in adding 10k to the threshold where you're in danger of dying to the next ability.
    In regular modes though I'm sure agility is more convenient since you get more threat from it and there is no danger of dying in any of the fights on regular mode.
    The guide also lists hit gems (even JC hit gems) as viable options for tank gemming, but this is atrocious. Unless you specifically need a hit set to cover interrupts for a specific hardmode (omnitron if you have no resto sham with telluric currents for instance), don't gem or reforge for hit, ever. Same with expertise. The survival stats simply don't exist at the moment vs. the difficulty of the majority of heroic modes to allow for this leeway in gearing away from survival stats.

Quick Edit: Obviously aim for pieces with crit+mastery baseline so you can reforge crit->dodge, but if your piece does not have mastery on it and reforging that piece for mastery will get you over the next % point for savage defense absorbs, reforge mastery on that piece.

Oh, I know that. I've already done it.
    OK then post so i can check your list and compare to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntersAreBoring View Post
    The guide also lists hit gems (even JC hit gems) as viable options for tank gemming, but this is atrocious. Unless you specifically need a hit set to cover interrupts for a specific hardmode (omnitron if you have no resto sham with telluric currents for instance), don't gem or reforge for hit, ever. Same with expertise. The survival stats simply don't exist at the moment vs. the difficulty of the majority of heroic modes to allow for this leeway in gearing away from survival stats.
    There a reason why I added the "Good mixtures for the sockets are:" You will see that I never said gem hit or expertise, however until 4.1 come out bear that are in 10 man raid need to be close to the hit cap for their interrupts to not cause a wipe, that you should get from food/potions/trinkets/reforge.

I said they "could" help if you need more threat control. Why do people learn what the guild said and doing their own thinking?

---------- Post added 2011-03-21 at 07:28 PM ----------

Oh that list, the problem you do not understand is that MMO created a new data base and wowhead link does not show you the item.

Wowhead

VS

MMO

Quote Originally Posted by HuntersAreBoring View Post
    Some of this guide is misleading after a certain point in progression. Agility works out slightly ahead on spreadsheets (although RAWR was not determing values correctly and so this is questionable), but once you're about 3 fights into heroic modes, the damage from the fights is too high and too much of the dangerous bursts are magic to make gemming agility the best choice, particularly in 10man. In 25man there is more leeway in this regard with more people in the raid and the fights not being tuned nearly as tightly as 10man heroics are.
    If you're bear tanking 10man heroic modes I would strongly recommend gemming stamina and using 2 green mastery+stam gems to meet your meta requirement, if they put you over the threshold to gain an extra full point of mastery, otherwise mix in 1 or 2 green dodge+stam gems to meet your meta (depending on how your mastery situation is, and how close you are to rolling over another % in savage defense absorbs).
    By swapping out the simulator's agility recommendation in favor of stamina you lose about 4% avoidance and gain about 10k health, which is relevant not only in adding 10k to the bottom of your healthpool but in adding 10k to the threshold where you're in danger of dying to the next ability.
    In regular modes though I'm sure agility is more convenient since you get more threat from it and there is no danger of dying in any of the fights on regular mode.

Quick Edit: Obviously aim for pieces with crit+mastery baseline so you can reforge crit->dodge, but if your piece does not have mastery on it and reforging that piece for mastery will get you over the next % point for savage defense absorbs, reforge mastery on that piece.
    I gem all agility

i am confused

Oh that list, the problem you do not understand is that MMO created a new data base and wowhead link does not show you the item.

Wowhead

VS

MMO
    Oh. That's lame.