Poll: What would you do?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Would YOU report a guildie for breaking the ToS in any form?

So here's something that's up for discussion. You find a guild mate of yours breaking the Terms of Service (Whatever the case may be, botting being an example and is clear that they're doing breaking the ToS in some shape or form.). Regardless of your relation to said guildmate, would you report your own guild mate to make the game fair for everyone else? Or would you let them be knowing that they could potentially hurt your guild reputation on your server.

Discuss!

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends if I like the guildie.

Yes, and I have many times.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    Depends if I like the guildie.
    This pretty much sums up my opinion.

Deleted
    You're in jail. A good friend would bail you out. A best friend would sit next to you and say "Damn, we fucked up."

it really depends on what rule they are breaking. some of them, like botting, i would definitely report them on, but other ToS rules i dont care about and would not report anybody for.

I've reported them over silly things, such as names. They seem to find it buckets of fun when I tell them.
    EDIT: I should add that I wasn't the biggest fan of him.
    Last edited by capslocked; 2011-03-20 at 04:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would really just absolutely depend on the guildie and the situation.

I would say mostly no. I think the only way anyone I've ever been a guildie with has obviously broken the ToS is trading Blizzard Store pets for gold, and though I may not be crazy about it, no one is really hurt in the grand scheme.

I would report a guildie for serious harassment, or something like that, that just isn't ok. I wouldn't want a botter in my guild, but it wouldn't really be my call and I doubt I would report them unless they were just being a total obnoxious ass about it, or somehow putting the guild at risk.

Edit: Oh yeah, and names sometimes (though usually not more than report spam and let the GM find it). Sorry, but I don't want to be in the same guild with "Abortus" the warrior, especially since they were going to troll trade with it.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there needs to be a 'depends' option.

I'm with Ayelet, serious things like botting I'd report, but there are some tiny little things (like naming rules) that really just don't matter, and I wouldn't bother reporting.

First i would tell them to stop.
    Then if the continue then yes they would get reported.
    Also depends on the rule (name and small silly rules No) but serious like botting or hacking then yes

It wouldn't make the game better for everyone else, because it's not going to stop the people from botting, or breaking TOS in any way, that don't get reported.

Unless its attempting to gain someones account, sell gold, account, toons for gold, or sell something that would get them something IRL, I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by Rocap; 2011-03-20 at 04:04 PM. Reason: < L2Spell

One of my old guildmates did a, /me pees in your butt!

Later that night he got a warning from a Game Master..

Deleted
    If he's an ass hole, yea, if not, no

Deleted
    No i would not. They trust me with the information they shared and vice versa. Its their own business and sooner or later they will be caught. A guild without its members trusting eachother is a bad one(in my opinion).

If its something extremely serious (like threatening a person or hacking accounts) i would gkick them and report them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I liked them, probably no unless it was really severe
    If I disliked them, yes
    If they were my close friend, we'd both be banned

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomous View Post
    So here's something that's up for discussion. You find a guild mate of yours breaking the Terms of Service (Whatever the case may be, botting being an example and is clear that they're doing breaking the ToS in some shape or form.). Regardless of your relation to said guildmate, would you report your own guild mate to make the game fair for everyone else? Or would you let them be knowing that they could potentially hurt your guild reputation on your server.

Discuss!
    No, I wouldn't. Ultimately, it comes down to whether you believe that they'll end up getting caught in what they're doing. If they're fishbotting and all of what they catch ends up going to the guild anyway (via buff food for raids plus the worthless stuff is there so people can skillup cooking on alts), that's a personal decision you need to make. If they're node-botting and they sell most of it....but is really generous with their gold with the guild that's a personal call. Your feelings about the person always matter, but it comes down to this:

They're paying a fee. If they wish to risk their work on their character, that's on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Yes, and I have many times.
    Anyone who lives by absolutes is a drone, and not a human.

I report all botters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no because I don't snitch. I've guilded with probably hundreds of botters in my time playing wow many of them being very candid about doing it but just didn't feel it in my gut to report them. Plus I'm not one to give out information someone has shared with me.

Deleted
    If its somebody ive know a long time I would probably advice them to stop, but I wouldnt report them. If it was a new member or somebody I generally didnt like, I might report them, depending on the situation.

Yes I would and do report them for things like botting or afk'ing in BG's, noone should be allowed to do those things, for any reason. It ruins the game, and if that guildie is ok with ruining the game for me, then im ok with giving him the boot and reporting them.

It has nothing to do with my trusting them or not. I don't want players ruining my quality of play, because they are lazy and cheat. Not the type of people you want in your guild anyway.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2011-03-20 at 04:12 PM. Reason: grammer
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune