The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    Larrius...

Crit in boots is a no. I don't understand what influences you to choose expertise versus parry or hit versus stam, or why you split the difference in your relic socket which has no socket bonus. Sacred Duty is kind of binary - you ought to max it out. Mastery is better than dodge, so why reforge the other way around?
    Lol, thanks for poitnting gem out, guess I mixed 20hit+20crit with 20 mastery + 30 stam, since I have full ilvl359 Ret gear and sometimes go DPS on fights with 1 tank.

Reson why I did 20hit+20exp in relic, I think I got ~30exp rating over soft cap when got helm from Maloriak, so I droped +20hit hybrid gems from other sockets for mastery + stamina and dropped +40 exp from relic.

Anyway, what should I aim at with Parry/Block/Dodge for heroics (almost did Halfus and brought him to 3% when we wiped and called it a night)? Because I asked healers, did they notice any difference in my performance before and after I went for Exp, our pally told that he didn't notice anything at all and actually I'm much easier to heal and feel "more solid" than DK or Druid tanks he had to heal before.
    Last edited by Larrius; 2011-03-19 at 05:57 AM.

So, I'm fairly new to tanking. Since vanilla I've played nothing but a Rogue but decided to roll a paladin last month and give tanking a shot. Been reading these forums and elitist jerks for information on reforging, gemming and talent specs. I was wondering if you all could take a look at my current setup and maybe make some suggestions. Presently, I'm not raiding and I don't plan to in the near future. Its just not my thing. I run heroics with friends and that's about the extent of it....so please keep that in mind when looking at my setup. Thanks for all your help!

http : //us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uther/ash%C3%A8/advanced

not very good at rating but would like to have mine rated

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fette/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    Lol, thanks for poitnting gem out, guess I mixed 20hit+20crit with 20 mastery + 30 stam, since I have full ilvl359 Ret gear and sometimes go DPS on fights with 1 tank.

Reson why I did 20hit+20exp in relic, I think I got ~30exp rating over soft cap when got helm from Maloriak, so I droped +20hit hybrid gems from other sockets for mastery + stamina and dropped +40 exp from relic.

Anyway, what should I aim at with Parry/Block/Dodge for heroics (almost did Halfus and brought him to 3% when we wiped and called it a night)? Because I asked healers, did they notice any difference in my performance before and after I went for Exp, our pally told that he didn't notice anything at all and actually I'm much easier to heal and feel "more solid" than DK or Druid tanks he had to heal before.

Looks good atm but I don't know why you go expertise on bracer's over 40 stam or 50 dodge. Personal pref I guess.
    8/10

Quote Originally Posted by nwstud31 View Post
    So, I'm fairly new to tanking. Since vanilla I've played nothing but a Rogue but decided to roll a paladin last month and give tanking a shot. Been reading these forums and elitist jerks for information on reforging, gemming and talent specs. I was wondering if you all could take a look at my current setup and maybe make some suggestions. Presently, I'm not raiding and I don't plan to in the near future. Its just not my thing. I run heroics with friends and that's about the extent of it....so please keep that in mind when looking at my setup. Thanks for all your help!

Not bad missing a shoulder enchant and your running with a dps trinket. But for just running heroic your gear is fine.

7/10

Quote Originally Posted by dezzagod View Post
    not very good at rating but would like to have mine rated
    Missing chants on some decent parts braces/cloak. Also missing a gem in ur relic. I don't know why you reforged hit. Other then that You have the right idea.
    4/10

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gorefiend/signa/advanced <- Me
    Last edited by Entropy; 2011-03-19 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Added in Dezzagod

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Not bad missing a shoulder enchant and your running with a dps trinket. But for just running heroic your gear is fine.

7/10
    Yeah, working on Therazane rep atm so can't get shoulder enchant just yet.

As far as the trinkets go, those are the best ones I've been able to get so far.

Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Looks good atm but I don't know why you go expertise on bracer's over 40 stam or 50 dodge. Personal pref I guess.
    8/10

7/10

Missing chants on some decent parts braces/cloak. Also missing a gem in ur relic. I don't know why you reforged hit. Other then that You have the right idea.
    4/10

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gorefiend/signa/advanced <- Me
    the only thing i can really say is if you want more threat/dps move the 2 points from seals of the Pure and 1 point from Reckoning and put them in Rule of Law.

what about me right me iim right here vvvvvvvvvv i just switched to the Ret legs to tnak with since they gave me so much more avoidence/mintigation and i had the spare VP...im currently .07 avoidence off of the 102.4 when buffed

Deleted
    Large amount of people seem to have put effort into getting their dodge and parry at equal levels in terms of percentage chance - apose to actual rating.
    Last edited by mmoc245b840aa4; 2011-03-20 at 12:01 AM.

It won't let me post my armory because this is a new account, but the name is Aryena and server is Windrunner - US.

What do you guys think of my toon ?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/R%C3%B6rschach/advanced

Sorry can't post link yet..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach-AzQc View Post
    What do you guys think of my toon ?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/R%C3%B6rschach/advanced

Sorry can't post link yet..
    Looking good i give a 9/10 would be 10/10 but need some more gear and you should replace those 101 stam gems for mastery!!!! lol but yea enchants/reforges/most gems/talents (on a few of the talents its personal preference imo i.e. reckoning, hallowed ground, ImpJ) and glyphs look good.

How am i doin?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...masta/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by trulofy View Post
    Looking good i give a 9/10 would be 10/10 but need some more gear and you should replace those 101 stam gems for mastery!!!! lol but yea enchants/reforges/most gems/talents (on a few of the talents its personal preference imo i.e. reckoning, hallowed ground, ImpJ) and glyphs look good.

How am i doin?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...masta/advanced
    Gear: get the rep boots from dragonmaw there better than the ones u have from magmaw
    Gems : Great
    enchant: get Wind walk on that BIS mace before heorics
    Talents : take both points from Consecration and do 1/2 reckoning and fill out rule of law

8/10

somes please rate me http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...minthus/simple

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hoice/advanced

Looking forward to my spec being flamed. ^_^
    Hehe, we actuallly from the same realm. By the way, why do you stuck double Stamina trinkets? I would go with [Mirror of Broken Images] from Tol Barad (Mastery + on Use Resistance trinket). Have lot of mastery + on use resistance that serve almost as Anti-Magic Shell for DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    Hehe, we actuallly from the same realm. By the way, why do you stuck double Stamina trinkets? I would go with [Mirror of Broken Images] from Tol Barad (Mastery + on Use Resistance trinket). Have lot of mastery + on use resistance that serve almost as Anti-Magic Shell for DKs.
    You've got really good gear, but I think you just need to reforge into Mastery more. I saw a few items you had on that had no mastery stat, reforge those items into Mastery.

8/10 I would give 9 but you could have a lot more Mastery than you currently do.

Rate me please!

Just click my signature to get to my armory.

I'm not that well geared but I'm a new level 85 still gearing up.
    Last edited by Maester; 2011-03-23 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    You've got really good gear, but I think you just need to reforge into Mastery more. I saw a few items you had on that had no mastery stat, reforge those items into Mastery.

8/10 I would give 9 but you could have a lot more Mastery than you currently do.

Rate me please!

Just click my signature to get to my armory.

I'm not that well geared but I'm a new level 85 still gearing up.
    Get rid of the 2 trinkets, agility is a big nono.

Dump the chest and get the justice 346 one.

Your hit rating is WAY too low. It needs to be 8%, Restore what you reforged into mastery. Hit rating will help you keep aggro.
    Also, I see you reforged 100 expertise into 100 mastery rating on your 1st slot trinket. Restore that. Your Expertise should be 26/27.
    If you do that and upgrade your greens to rares. The rest will Flow, Remember Hit Cap = 8%, Expertise cap = 26/27. Reforge Dodge and parry into mastery not expertise into mastery.

Just got told I know nothing about my class or the game by an officer in a raiding guild I have trialed for. So help is appreciated.
    P.S. He knew nothing

Click banner below for my armory.

Advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by Romulan1993; 2011-03-23 at 02:27 PM.
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    Get rid of the 2 trinkets, agility is a big nono.

Dump the chest and get the justice 346 one.

Your hit rating is WAY too low. It needs to be 8%, Restore what you reforged into mastery. Hit rating will help you keep aggro.
    Also, I see you reforged 100 expertise into 100 mastery rating on your 1st slot trinket. Restore that. Your Expertise should be 26/27.
    If you do that and upgrade your greens to rares. The rest will Flow, Remember Hit Cap = 8%, Expertise cap = 26/27. Reforge Dodge and parry into mastery not expertise into mastery.

Just got told I know nothing about my class or the game by an officer in a raiding guild I have trialed for. So help is appreciated.
    P.S. He knew nothing

Click banner below for my armory.

Advice is appreciated.
    hit and exp are far from required to be capped I run with 1 expertise and less than 3% hit and rarely lose threat unless our boomkin gets a nice starsurge crit right away

for some reason your armory won't load for me though =/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...raiel/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braiel View Post
    hit and exp are far from required to be capped I run with 1 expertise and less than 3% hit and rarely lose threat unless our boomkin gets a nice starsurge crit right away

for some reason your armory won't load for me though =/
    The better hit rating u have the less likely u are to miss, More expertise = less chance enemy has to dodge or parry your attacks. I guess you can go about it either way but you need to hit first really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post

Advice is appreciated.
    Although at lower gear levels the block meta has slightly more use, i'd still certainly go for the 2% armor.

While it is arguably down to personal opinion, most tanks are ignoring hit and expertise, I personally have hit on one peice - which I reforged out of, and one expertise peice I reforged out off, other then that - expertise glyph is enough for me, hit certainly does not 'need to be 8%'. Particularly during this tier, when were struggling to get [block+avoidance] capped, and the fact vengeance is providing adaquate threat during mid-fight.

Regardless of your preferences on hit/exp, you should (imo) never, ever reforge out of mastery.

If your struggling with threat, tell your DPS to calm down initialy, the lost dps during the first few seconds is NOT worth you losing 3/4% avoidance and some block for the ENTIRE encounter.

According to your armory, you do not have Glyph of Seal of Truth equipped, which is almost a crime, particularly considering your willing to reforge out of mastery for experties, and the glyph provides 10, not 10 points, but 10 whole expertise.

Gemming is inconsistent, blue quality gems arnt that expensive surely, and you seem to overvalue set bonuses. Puissant Dream Emerald are most recomended as they provide mastery and stamina, which cannot be gained through reforging (mastery - yes, but every peice of gear should idealy already have mastery on)

"Jewelcrafting: 2 unused Chimera's Eye"

Your dodge apparently has 300 more points then parry, which means considerable loss from diminishing returns, ideally you would want these values as close as possible.

You also appear to have 2 points in Judgements of the Pure, but no Persuit of Justice - really? 6% haste for your melee autoswings over 15% movement increase for boss encounters?

OH AND

Links in my sig, happy for any advice from more experienced players then myself.
    Last edited by mmoc245b840aa4; 2011-03-23 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacrimosus View Post
    Although at lower gear levels the block meta has slightly more use, i'd still certainly go for the 2% armor.

While it is arguably down to personal opinion, most tanks are ignoring hit and expertise, I personally have hit on one peice - which I reforged out of, and one expertise peice I reforged out off, other then that - expertise glyph is enough for me, hit certainly does not 'need to be 8%'. Particularly during this tier, when were struggling to get [block+avoidance] capped, and the fact vengeance is providing adaquate threat during mid-fight.

Regardless of your preferences on hit/exp, you should (imo) never, ever reforge out of mastery.

If your struggling with threat, tell your DPS to calm down initialy, the lost dps during the first few seconds is NOT worth you losing 3/4% avoidance and some block for the ENTIRE encounter.

According to your armory, you do not have Glyph of Seal of Truth equipped, which is almost a crime, particularly considering your willing to reforge out of mastery for experties, and the glyph provides 10, not 10 points, but 10 whole expertise.

Gemming is inconsistent, blue quality gems arnt that expensive surely, and you seem to overvalue set bonuses. Puissant Dream Emerald are most recomended as they provide mastery and stamina, which cannot be gained through reforging (mastery - yes, but every peice of gear should idealy already have mastery on)

"Jewelcrafting: 2 unused Chimera's Eye"

Your dodge apparently has 300 more points then parry, which means considerable loss from diminishing returns, ideally you would want these values as close as possible.

You also appear to have 2 points in Judgements of the Pure, but no Persuit of Justice - really? 6% haste for your melee autoswings over 15% movement increase for boss encounters?

OH AND

Links in my sig, happy for any advice from more experienced players then myself.
    Thanks for the long detailed reply. I will highlight in bold Which I feel I should respond to.

1. I wasn't reforging out of mastery.

2. I just wiped my talent tree which removes Glyphs too, you reminded me. Thanks

3. I will fix the gem problem.

4. Thanks for the heads up I will work on evening them out.

I have decided to reforge the 'new' way, rather then hit and expertise. I will see how it goes. Thanks for the great advice.

Deleted
    Perhaps a armoury bug, it says -106 Mastery Rating > 67 hit & 39 expertise.

You certainly do know what your doing, that officer was clueless

<3

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aplet/advanced

I suppose I should add more than just a link.. I believe I have a fairly good idea of what I am doing as far as gemming/reforging etc. I switched from my warlock who I have been playing for years to help fill a tank spot which we were having problems with, so I just want to be sure I'm on the right track.
    Last edited by Ignorance; 2011-03-23 at 06:21 PM.