Thread: [Music] Metal

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

[Music] Metal

Hey guys. I wanna discuss about music. What are you're favorite band(s) in the metal genre? And WHY are they your favorite band(s)?

[THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT METAL, PLEASE DO NOT POST ABOUT OTHER GENRES IN MUSIC]

Me:

Bullet For My Valentine - I recognize myself in alot of their songs, their power and outstanding metal-rifts are giving me chills down my spine when i turn them on.

Avenged Sevenfold - I Love how M.Shadows (the singer) sings their songs, he's voice is unique, and fits the band perfectly. They have a few songs about war and politics (which i personally hate, mostly) and i love the way they sing AGAINST it!

Nightwish - I gotta admit, im a guy that loves tales about wolfs, fairys, dragons and all that stuff. Which Nightwish sings alot about. It makes me dream that im something in the song. They're lyrics are magical, and i love it.

Iron Maiden - This band is somewhat, the mother of metal. Atleast for me. When i was a kid, i didn't grow up by listening to some shit Disney made. My dad played The Number of The Beast for me. You can say i grew up with metal since i was under one year old. This band is really the source for kick-ass metal. Atleast for me. (And i know, alot of other people out there, that Iron Maiden is the reason they like metal)

Just a head's up, expect to get orally crucified by some of the users here for listing what you listed.

I've been listening to Opeth, Agalloch and The Human Abstract almost nonstop the past month.

Opeth - Windowpane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CvltVKjacw
    The Human Abstract - Antebellum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq4-q53Txyc
    Agalloch - Not Unlike the Waves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFanPE6_nxU

15+ Year Old Account
    Bullet for my Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold are NOT metal christ kids today...

Go and get some Behemoth, Grand Magus, Devildriver, Chimaira etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Progressive metal, and some Heavy and power. such as Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Helloween, DragonForce, etc.

This is my top 3 list of metal i listen to.
    1. Kamelot - They have illustrious dudes behind the instruments, they are all grandmasters of their art. And Roy Khan is probably the best voice in metal heard so far. I absolutely love them. Plus to all this, they are absolutely awesome live. They actually sound better live than in studio.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfU-SIdqCrU
    2. Wintersun - This band is genious. You can hear the music is done with absolute feeling and dedication to their music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMkIm5JxkM
    3. Dream Theater. This band owns. They are all one of the best in their instruments on the planet. Their music is enough complicated and heavy to keep me happy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF4JD2rO3Q
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

I'd pick All That Remains for my #1 pick. The fast drumming and high guitar solos along with some deep grunt vocals mixed in with amazing vocal talents put them at the top for me.
    Also Bullet for my Valentine, DevilDriver, Children of Bodom and Lamb of God are all up there.

Deleted
    I love Hammerfall,Manowar,Sonata arctica,helloween,Iron maiden,Black Sabbath,Twisted sister....god the list would be long if id go on like that ^^

Here are a few.
    Amon Amarth
    Dark Tranquility
    The Acacia Strain
    Born Of Osiris
    Veil of maya

I have been listening to these bands alot lately.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Metallica - I love the way they sound, and the topic/subject of most of their songs, and how even while playing with a symphony orchestra they can sound amazing

Iron Maiden - Awesome guitar solo's, amazing vocalist, and very cool song subjects.

Dragonforce - The fast guitars coupled with the fantasy theme just seem to work for me

Manowar - I'm really into Norse Mythology and a lot of their songs seem to be on that subject

Edit: I forgot Slayer...
    Slayer - They just plain kick ass

2nd Edit:
    3 Inches of Blood - If you haven't heard of these guys, I highly recommend checking them out, they're such an awesome band that nobody seems to really know

I like more bands of course, but these are definitely my top picks
    Last edited by Krozard; 2011-03-26 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    At the moment my favourites are:

1) Disturbed: Awesome Band with a One-In-A-Million Voice aka. David Draiman
    2) Kamelot: Also a great Band, especially when it comes to Live Performances
    3) Sonata Arctica: Seen them Live two Times and Tony sounds even better Live than on their Records
    4) Nightwish: Although they were better in the "Tarja-Dynasty" still a good Band

Deleted
    My favourites are In Flames and Disturbed

All That Remains, just pure amazing, rewrite that in all caps to get the true effect.

Disturbed, Draiman is a genius.

Killswitch Engage.

Hatebreed.

Bullet for my valentine made me cut myself, so I stopped listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Just a head's up, expect to get orally crucified by some of the users here for listing what you listed.
    Why not literally crucified?

Jokes aside, I listen to (this is just off my iPod)...

Amon Amarth, Austrian Death Machine, Bolt Thrower, Blue Oyster Cult, Celtic Frost, Motley Crue, Carach Angren, Dark Tranquility, Debauchery, Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Finntroll, Godsmack, Hammerfall, Heidevolk, Henker, Iced Earth, Insomnium, Kalmah, Korpiklaani, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Megadeth, Meshuggah, Metallica, MinDead, Nine Inch Nails, Opeth, Otep, Psychostick, Ramallah, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Ruoska, Sabaton, Scar Symmetry, Schandmaul, Slayer, Stormwarrior, Turmion Katilot, Unloco, Vildjarta.

I've got more, but most of that is on either tape or vinyl (or it won't fit on the iPod).
    Last edited by Kaeskalol; 2011-03-26 at 08:14 PM.
    Needs more perkele.

Deleted
    I think my favourite metal bands around at the moment are:

Anaal Nathrakh - British black / death / grindcore / noise awesomness - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wvkdL7Ra1I
    Napalm Death - The british gods of grindcore - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npa8qUNEIFY
    Pig Destroyer - The american gods of grindcore - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_SqtCNhv44

That's pretty much all I've got playing at the moment but there is a lot of stuff coming this year. THe new Gorguts album is going to kick ass.

Slayer

In flames

Suffocation

Sepultura (with max)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeskalol View Post
    Why not literally crucified?

Jokes aside, I listen to (this is just off my iPod)...

Amon Amarth, Austrian Death Machine, Bolt Thrower, Blue Oyster Cult, Celtic Frost, Motley Crue, Carach Angren, Dark Tranquility, Debauchery, Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Finntroll, Godsmack, Hammerfall, Heidevolk, Henker, Iced Earth, Insomnium, Kalmah, Korpiklaani, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Megadeth, Meshuggah, Metallica, MinDead, Nine Inch Nails, Opeth, Otep, Psychostick, Ramallah, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Ruoska, Sabaton, Scar Symmetry, Schandmaul, Slayer, Stormwarrior, Turmion Katilot, Unloco, Vildjarta.

I've got more, but most of that is on either tape or vinyl (or it won't fit on the iPod).

ROFL, man, I forgot about them... must listen to them now!

My personal choices are... in no particular order

Amon Amarth (because I love Norse mythology, and they are just amazing)
    Wintersun
    Sonata Arctica (it's power metal, but metal still, most of their songs anyways)
    Threat Signal
    Epica (symphonic metal)
    Eluveitie (folk metal, lol)
    In This Moment (It's kinda light, but I still consider it metal)
    Sonic Syndicate (old stuff, new stuff is crap)
    Scar Symmetry
    Solution .45
    Disarmonia Mundi
    Amaranthe
    Before The Dawn
    D Creation

I know theres more but I just can't think of them right now.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2011-03-26 at 08:25 PM.

I'm mostly into Metalcore, but like other types. My favs are

As I Lay Dying
    Trivium
    August Burns Red
    Parkway Drive
    The World We Knew
    Early Killswitch
    Early A7X (Sounding the Seventh Trumpit, Waken the Fallen)
    Bullet for My Valentine (The Poison)

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    ROFL, man, I forgot about them... must listen to them now!
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

Rock on.
    Needs more perkele.

Amon Amarth, Alestorm, Metallica, Megadeath, Sepultura, Dreamtheater, Kamelot, Nightwish, Pantera, Rammstein, Therion, Tyr and David Bowie.. wait... ignore that last one... might not be metal >.>
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the classics for me, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy, possibly guns n roses

And sometimes if im feeling up to it ill listen to other stuff like Disturbed, Manntis, Rob Zombie, Halestorm

btw those who have not listened to halestorm or manntis i really recommend them, halestorm has a great singer and manntis brings back the severe heaviness that is in metal with rediculous drums and guitars.