Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Not at all.

First 1 was born day after my 16th birthday (3-9) .... my eldest boy

Second was born (30-10) the following year (Girl), and the 3rd (3-10) the following year (Another boy)

Exactly 2 years 1 month from 1st birth, to 3rd.....4th didnt come until 2004 though
    Still....am wondering if you're missing any braincells, how can you even do that to a womans body in that short time.
    Don't take me wrong, it takes two to tango, but still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    Still though, okay, good for you, congrats on having it work out.

However, having kids at such a young age puts a lot of limitations on what you can hope to achieve in life. No matter what you do, there will always be that responsibility at home that you HAVE (if you're to be a good parent) to go back for, and chances are you'll be stuck in the same place you grew up for the rest of your life. Why cut off your potential without even realizing it first?

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 05:12 PM ----------

24 is already fine :/ Teenagers are the more problematic ones.
    This is exactly it, how can you teach your own kids when you never experienced things yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoya View Post
    that sounds like a lot of BS
    Actually at least 3 guys and 1 woman at my uni are young parents (that I know of) who are still making something of their lives. Having kids is not the end all be all of ones life, with day care, family support, and other support systems that are out there there really is no reason why you cannot further your education or work whilst having a family, and it is only the trashy people who have kids as an excuse to do nothing that don't go anywhere.

Deleted
    My GF was 18 when she got pregnant, i was 19, it does have a (to) big effect on life on that age.
    I'm going to evening school now to get a better job and future for my little girl, but i had to wait 7 years to do that..

My oppinion, don't get pregnant, wait till you are in your upper 20sh and let life take its course.

Deleted
    I got pregnant while using the pill, got my baby a few months before I got 19. Now she's almost a year old and I wouldn't want to miss her for the world. My BF and I are still together, having a job and school, still enough time to spend at home with our little daughter and having social life and such. It is possible.

But, OT, there is no set age. If one feels ready for kids at 19, fine. If one is ready at 30, also fine. Age is just a number. The person behind it is what truely matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomoya View Post
    Still....am wondering if you're missing any braincells, how can you even do that to a womans body in that short time.
    Don't take me wrong, it takes two to tango, but still.....
    Admittedly the 1st wasn't "planned", in fact she was on the pill....but once we had a child, it was pretty obvious we wanted a large family. So it wasn't "me doing it to her" it was our choice. Both of our choices

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 10:22 AM ----------

Ohh and I will add, i wouldn't advise anyone to have kids so young btw.....it's just that all you out there who think it's life over having them young, need to know it's not always that way

Honestly, I think it is a mistake to have a child before you finish college, and I would like to be in my late twenties before/if I have any kids. But ultimately, there isn't any set standard on what is "too early" or "too late" whatever works for you, works for you, and go for it. Slightly off topic, did you guys see the article a few weeks back about the lady in england who just became a grandmother at the age of 29?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you succeed and have children at a young age? sure. It can be done.

You can also play 18 holes of golf using nothing but a 5 iron. Or run a marathon while carrying a 40 lb. rucksack.

You can do it, but you're still putting yourself at a disadvantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    My older sister had her first child at 18/19, my younger sister is pregnant now (22). I'm fine with it really. I'd love to have a kid myself, but my gf is still studying and a bit younger then me so maybe when I get 30ish I'll knock her up :P.

My sister manages really good (27 now with 2 kids) but she ditched school for it, don't want my gf to ditch university for it (nor does she wants kids atm).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888 View Post
    Slightly off topic, did you guys see the article a few weeks back about the lady in england who just became a grandmother at the age of 29?

Ok that's wrong....

Im 24 and iv got my first child who is just about 10 months old, Its the best thing thats ever happened and i love her with all my heart. Its changed my life alot but i cant still do things that i liked to do before she was born, i can still go out, i can still play computer games i just have to juggle my time around. I dont think it was too early to have a child, when you look at your child, not just glance at her but actually look into her eyes and she sits there and smiles back at you in the most loving way only parents would know then you think it is all worth it, to see this tiny life that you have created that is a part of you and loves and depends on you for everything it gives you satisfaction and your life meaning, that your not just on this earth to drift through life but you have made life and that life shall continue even after you have past away.

Also i wouldnt want to have my first child at 30+ because when the children have sports day and parents have to do the run i wouldnt like to be doing it in a wheelchair lol

Deleted
    Admittedly the 1st wasn't "planned", in fact she was on the pill....but once we had a child, it was pretty obvious we wanted a large family. So it wasn't "me doing it to her" it was our choice. Both of our choices[COLOR="red"]
    no idea how you can decide that at an age of 16, but I will leave it here, it's your choice if i agree with it or not, it's just a shame you missed out on so many tnings in life (like having fun with friends. a job, housing, money, do things on your own without needing so much help from family/friends etc)

good luck to you both

Quote Originally Posted by Rigroll View Post
    I have this really fucked up opinon that I dont realy tell people that much...
    I think people over 30 shouldnt get kids..at all. If you want kids, get em when you are around 22-28.
    I like the way you word that. It makes it sound like children are just something you pick up from a store, like a puppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

Ok that's wrong....
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1FdKg9fuu
    There is the article for all who are interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888 View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1FdKg9fuu
    There is the article for all who are interested.
    Think I wouldnt feel really comfy with that either.

Now the opposite: last week over here in the Low Lands (lol) a 63-yr old woman has become mother for the first time. Can try to find the article back but guess a lot wont even be able to read it (dutch). i feel really sorry for the baby-girl though.......so wrong

Ok that's wrong....
    Modern society sees this as wrong, but it is not far from what would be considered normal for most of pre-modern society. All that has changed between now and then is we spend more and more time on education, even now, not so long ago going to uni/collage was a big thing, most people didn't do it and you didn't need to to work in most industries. Now a lot of people do it, and in many places that extra 2-4 years is considered as a part of your normal education.

Deleted
    I think having a kid when you are too young to take care of it is irresponsible and careless. You'll most likely ruin your own life (which is yoor own fault), the kids life, and potentially whoever is helping you take care of the kid. But tbh the only one who can decide when you're ready is you..

Allso when you're talking about it being normal to have kids at 14, remeber that the avarage lifespan was ALOT shorter back then.
    Last edited by mmoca172a76622; 2011-03-29 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    Well my solution is quite easy, I won't get kids (well, not planned atm ).

My mother was pregnant of my sister when she was 17 or so, but you know, times were very different than and my mother was working since she was 14. 8 years later I popped out.

I'm 23 and still going to school, and my GF is also 23 and she works (family business), but she'd like to do evening school or in the weekends. At this point I know I'm not ready for a baby. I'm not saying I would be a bad parent or anything, but I just don't want a kid. And I'm not sure I'll ever will.

Perhaps adoption. I mean, shitloads of kids who get born without any chances etc. If I wanted a kid I might just adopt one (depending on rediculous prices etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by yomyom View Post
    Modern society sees this as wrong, but it is not far from what would be considered normal for most of pre-modern society. All that has changed between now and then is we spend more and more time on education, even now, not so long ago going to uni/collage was a big thing, most people didn't do it and you didn't need to to work in most industries. Now a lot of people do it, and in many places that extra 2-4 years is considered as a part of your normal education.
    That's because in the last few centuries people weren't expect to live past the age of 40, 30 was already quite old. Nothing to do with education, if people didn't procreate early we'd have been extinct.

simply put you need to ask yourself this question.

(Can we Still afford to raise a kid properly if only one of us is employed.)
    If you answer No you yourself are not ready to be the caretaker of A child.

Kids really do need a full time parent while young though as they get to the teenage years they just need good role models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed01 View Post
    Im 24 and iv got my first child who is just about 10 months old, Its the best thing thats ever happened and i love her with all my heart. Its changed my life alot but i cant still do things that i liked to do before she was born, i can still go out, i can still play computer games i just have to juggle my time around. I dont think it was too early to have a child, when you look at your child, not just glance at her but actually look into her eyes and she sits there and smiles back at you in the most loving way only parents would know then you think it is all worth it, to see this tiny life that you have created that is a part of you and loves and depends on you for everything it gives you satisfaction and your life meaning, that your not just on this earth to drift through life but you have made life and that life shall continue even after you have past away.
    And then?...

Not arguing with the first part, but don't you think it's kind of silly to bring death into the picture at all?