Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sanctuary Buff! +35%

Interesting Blue response regarding HW:Sanctuary http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/166343/hw-sanctuary

I wonder what they will nerf in order to justify a decent buff for HW:S and holy Priests. IMO Holy is in a good place right now with so many spells you cant expect all if them to be excellent. Disc however has already had to contend with the PoH nerf a while back Id hate to see any of the priest shared healing spells nerfed to accomodate HW:S.

.... and I think Holy Nova needs some Disco only love !!

Like the blue post said, they feel that holy is in a good place atm. I tend to agree, but the heal itself is lackluster. I find myself only using it for heavy damage, AoE healing situations like Chimaeron with the bot down. Other than that I don't use it because of the crazy high price that, as posted is slow to heal and doesn't heal for much. It's a great addition when the heals are needed, just isn't that impressive overall. I'd say nerf the cost a bit 9k -> 7k and it'd be used more often. I myself will probably stick to the direct heal chakra state unless it gets a significant improvement, or as I said before a heavy AoE healing phase occurs.

Sanctuary is going to have limited use no matter what. It is a much smaller radius than Healing Rain and heals for a lot less. If it heals for more then it starts to compete with other spells in other situations. I just can't see any buff that they would reasonably consider that would make it useful outside of the sorts of situations that it's useful for now (eg, Chimaeron's feud, Nef P2, Maloriak Red, etc.). Because of that, even if they do decide to buff it, I don't think it needs any compensation, and if they do try to compensate by nerfing another spell, it probably wouldn't be a worthwhile trade.

i personally dont see it getting a buff in heals. but maybe a slight mana cost decrease.

also i think we need to revive the holy priest thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Lower the radius, buff the heal.

This way it would be distinguishable from other aoe ground heals and would have its own role in encounters.
    Last edited by mmoc51ea00290a; 2011-03-29 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq View Post
    Sanctuary is going to have limited use no matter what............even if they do decide to buff it, I don't think it needs any compensation, and if they do try to compensate by nerfing another spell, it probably wouldn't be a worthwhile trade.
    I agree. I don't mind it being so weak that it's hardly worth using, it's the mana cost that is really out of line with this spell. For the slow and situational type of heal it is a 22-26% base mana cost would seem more appropriate.

imo they need to make it be an efficient spell no matter what direction they take the effect to, 2-4k mana cost

also how hard would it be for them to take the graphic and root it to someone like a holy radiance that you can put on your choice of raid members, maybe make it smaller or effect fewer people, they could even make it heal the person you cast it on for the majority of it and splash bits to surrounding people then it would possibly fit as a tank healing assist

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    imo they need to make it be an efficient spell no matter what direction they take the effect to, 2-4k mana cost
    If it's a 2-4k mana cost, then you're using it on cooldown, which isn't part of the design.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    2) we don’t want Sanctuary to be so similar to Healing Rain.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

this spell is used so rarely when i drop it in a pug they think it's a void zone and run out of it.
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    this spell is used so rarely when i drop it in a pug they think it's a void zone and run out of it.
    Thankfully the graphic's changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If it's a 2-4k mana cost, then you're using it on cooldown, which isn't part of the design.

2) we don’t want Sanctuary to be so similar to Healing Rain.
    except at a 40 second cooldown(not factoring in the talent that reduces it which if this spell was good would be an interesting talent instead of meh) it already isn't healing rain which can be kept up all the time for the most part and if it isn't kept as a ground ticking heal stationary and split equally to ALL targets its even less similar. Regardless it cant cost more than ANY of our other heals and also suck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    except at a 40 second cooldown(not factoring in the talent that reduces it which if this spell was good would be an interesting talent instead of meh) it already isn't healing rain which can be kept up all the time for the most part and if it isn't kept as a ground ticking heal stationary and split equally to ALL targets its even less similar. Regardless it cant cost more than ANY of our other heals and also suck
    Like.. CoH?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing it changed completely. Maybe make it to where anyone inside the circle recieves x% more healing from the priest who casts it, as long as they remain inside, but sanctuary itself does no healing.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing it changed completely. Maybe make it to where anyone inside the circle recieves x% more healing from the priest who casts it, as long as they remain inside, but sanctuary itself does no healing.
    Like glyphed Barrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    Like glyphed Barrier?
    you do realize most everything is like something, if so continue to add nothing constructive please

Deleted
    I already made a suggestion in post #5, and to me, it looks like the only viable until now.

Edit:

Yeah sure, some spells are like others, but i think, when designing a class, blizzards wants to implement a wide variety of spells, which dont share the same corefunction.
    Last edited by mmoc51ea00290a; 2011-03-29 at 07:21 PM.

I'm not sure it needs a smaller radius. Its radius already is smaller than Healing Rain, and concentrating that gets to be a little harder to make use of (though I like the idea of giving that up for increased benefit)

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    This also happens with druid efflorescence... people think it is poison and run away >< There is a lot of the mindset of "if you see an effect run away b/c it is probably bad" which can be hard to teach people not to do sometimes : /

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This also happens with druid efflorescence... people think it is poison and run away >< There is a lot of the mindset of "if you see an effect run away b/c it is probably bad" which can be hard to teach people not to do sometimes : /
    The new effects should help!

They're shiny. :B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    Like glyphed Barrier?
    Only glyphed barried still provides 30% dmg reduction, and 10% healing to everyone's heals. Our sanctuary would just be for us selfish meter padding priests. *rubs hands maliciously as he hunches over*

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15