Thread: New case.

New case.

Currently choosing between 2 cases, need some help choosing.

Antec 300

Pros:

- Cheap
    - Apparently very good

Cons:

- Not that big
    - Can't find a decent review

NZXT Phantom

Pros:

- Cooling is really really good
    - Looks good (>.<)
    - Spacious
    - Reviews are good

Cons:

- Twice the price of the 300

Does anyone own either of these cases that can offer some advice on which one to purchase? Or just a helpful opinion...
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Hi there. When you are buying a new case, try to get one you can use if you decide to urgrade your pc later on.
    Usually most cases are ok, depends mainly if you want a extended motherboard to fit inside or not, sizewise.

Personally i got a softspot for the "lanboy air", lots of fans can be installed etc.

I would suggest watching "3dgameman" on youtube or his site, 3dgamermandotcom. He reviews a lot of computer stuff.

Search for lanboy air and check it out. I heard they even got in in the color red nowadays !

Why those two, and why only those two? Are you looking for an ATX-case that's cheap, spacious and.. looks good? The NZXT Phantoms are stretching the words too thin if you apply the words "looks good" to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnman View Post
    Personally i got a softspot for the "lanboy air", lots of fans can be installed etc.
    Loud, ugly.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    I recently just purchased the NZXT Phantom for my new computer. The case is very spacious, great paint (I purchased the red case, the reviews of the black/white looked just as nice), very easy removable bay covers in the front, 3.5" brackets with 2.5" screw holes, each fan has an individual fan controller built into the case, the fans are very quite, and the case has mesh venting all over the place for very nice airflow.

I would definitely recommend this case to anyone, best one I have purchased so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    CM HAF X

That will be my purchase as soon as my 902 is sold.

The 300 is a mid tower case while the Phantom is a full tower case. Hence the price doubles. It all depends on what you need/want.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    CM HAF X
    If a Phantom is too expensive for him, don't you think that the HAF X is as well? :P
    Not to mention being even uglier, if possible :P

Honestly, I'd get a NZXT H2, best case they've made. I'm even impressed. That said, I have no idea of its price in the US of As.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    If a Phantom is too expensive for him, don't you think that the HAF X is as well? :P
    Not to mention being even uglier, if possible :P

Honestly, I'd get a NZXT H2, best case they've made. I'm even impressed.
    He did not say anything about it being to expensive for him though. At least from what I have read. Unless when he said "Double what the 300 is" then you are correct.

As far as it being ugly, that's a matter of personal preference :P

tbh the size thing doesn't bother me at all, i've been told and seen reviews for them that rave about both cases and depending on how much money I have to play with dictates which case i go for - size doesn't matter (for cases...) obviously aesthetics is a subjective thing.

Basically I just wanted to hear from people that have experience from the case or can suggest a better performing case for around 110 quid
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a white Phantom, it's a great case. I'm really happy I went for it.

The case looks awesome in light and darkness and I like how it's not a rectangular box like all other cases, great cable management ability with enough room at the back to store all my PSU cables, best integrated fan controller I've seen on a case, lots of room, great air flow, quiet fans, all intakes (except the optional front) have removable dust filters, doesn't rattle/vibrate, the plastic parts are sturdy, the finish on both the metal and plastic does not show finger prints at all, the door for the optical drives is good because optical drives can be really noisy so it helps for noise and it's also a sturdy door and won't break off easily like the older Antec door cases, and convenient location on the top of the case for the on/off & reset buttons, front USB/eSata,mic/head, fan controller and indicator lights.

I added a 140mm Noctua front fan with a ModRight fan filter as well as blue LED rope lights (2 meter length) to increase the sexyness even more.