Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Only glyphed barried still provides 30% dmg reduction, and 10% healing to everyone's heals. Our sanctuary would just be for us selfish meter padding priests. *rubs hands maliciously as he hunches over*
    Tome of Light: Reduces the cooldown of your Holy Word spells by 15/30%, and the mana cost of your Holy Word: Sanctuary by 7-15%.

State of Mind:
    Increases your healing done to targets with Holy Word: Serenity by 5/10%, and those affected by Holy Word: Sanctuary by 7/15%.

Like that?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Kel, FREE SNOWCONES FOR YOU

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Well. A buff would do us some good

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    this spell is used so rarely when i drop it in a pug they think it's a void zone and run out of it.
    Hahaha this made me laugh! Ive had people do the same thing in randoms. Good to hear that they are changing the animation some.

Deleted
    Maybe they could add the "suck in" the grounding zones have in the ascendent council encounter. (wait)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    Maybe they could add the "suck in" the grounding zones have in the ascendent council encounter. (wait)
    That sounds more offensive than defensive. Also, would make for some fun life grip-esque videos of priests killing their buddies.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

would be cool if it healed lower health targets higher than higher health targets

ex: I lay down sanctuary on an 80% hp raid member and a 40% hp raid member, and instead of healing each of them for the same amount (like it currently does) it instead heals the 40% target more than the 80% target
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    would be cool if it healed lower health targets higher than higher health targets

ex: I lay down sanctuary on an 80% hp raid member and a 40% hp raid member, and instead of healing each of them for the same amount (like it currently does) it instead heals the 40% target more than the 80% target
    This would go well with the idea that holy priests can reverse damage.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    This would go well with the idea that holy priests can reverse damage.
    They did just add that functionality into Healing Rain, thanks to the Deep Healing change. But I would agree with that.

if they buff sanctuary prepare for a nerf on prayer of healing or circle of healing

like they said, holy aoe is where they want it to be, so if want a buffed sanctuary = nerfed x or y

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    if they buff sanctuary prepare for a nerf on prayer of healing or circle of healing

like they said, holy aoe is where they want it to be, so if want a buffed sanctuary = nerfed x or y
    assuming the functionality doesn't change then yeah

a) mana cost is reduced, people use it off CD and its extra passive aoe healing which I don't necessarily think is needed
    b) they increase the healing substantially on it and it is too good aoe healing pretty much guaranteed they make PoH or CoH worse which I cant even conceive them doing
    c) they buff it one way or the other so little that its only remotely better than it is now and doesnt solve anything really

but they don't have to leave it as is and put themselves in this predicament, it would be much more useful to redesign it to fill a different role than it does now

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    but they don't have to leave it as is and put themselves in this predicament, it would be much more useful to redesign it to fill a different role than it does now
    What other role can any healing spell we have fit? We already have so many tools at our disposal, that apart from its current "supplementary but not significant on its own" niche that it has, where could you put it?

Deleted
    Useless spell, HpM whise: bad. HpS whise: worse then both circle, renew & mending.

Don't spec into it. Useless, the Heal one might be okay, but you never stand in "Heal" Chakra anyways so.

And it's certainly not a tool we need, but yeah, if they buff it. It might get "useful".
    Last edited by mmoc739c786f94; 2011-03-29 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obliquee View Post
    Useless spell, HpM whise: bad. HpS whise: worse then both circle, renew & mending.

Don't spec into it. Useless, the Heal one might be okay, but you never stand in "Heal" Chakra anyways so.

And it's certainly not a tool we need, but yeah, if they buff it. It might get "useful".
    on 25 man i could understand not wasting the points to spec into it but in 10man heal chakra is godly awesomeness and u will pretty much always be in heal chakra in 10 because sometimes we have to tank heal a bit and renew being renewed is just awesome for tank healing.

as far as us getting any kind of love with HW S i could see a price reduction removing our already useless lower cd on chakra and perhaps making it passively buff some of our spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    What other role can any healing spell we have fit? We already have so many tools at our disposal, that apart from its current "supplementary but not significant on its own" niche that it has, where could you put it?
    The only thing we don't have a special tool for I would say is tank healing not that we cant tank heal that is, we can do fine, but most other healing specs have something(earth shield, beacon, lifebloom etc)and for the most part you don't see a holy priest assigned to a tank. Going under the assumption its redesigned I hope they scrap it as an aoe heal

It might even be something nice if you are aoe healing the raid and can drop it on/target it on a tank for some support benefit if you see where I'm going with this from the premise I mentioned earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    The only thing we don't have a special tool for I would say is tank healing not that we cant tank heal that is, we can do fine, but most other healing specs have something(earth shield, beacon, lifebloom etc)and for the most part you don't see a holy priest assigned to a tank. Going under the assumption its redesigned I hope they scrap it as an aoe heal
    On the contrary, we have Holy Word: Serenity as an instant that adds a high uptime to crit chance (which when tank healing isn't wasteful), as well as rolling Renew and Echo of Light. You don't see Holy Priests assigned to tank healing because Paladins don't have anywhere else to go, and we're just damn good at raid healing.

It might even be something nice if you are aoe healing the raid and can drop it on/target it on a tank for some support benefit if you see where I'm going with this from the premise I mentioned earlier
    I'm not sure how you want to go about doing this?

Deleted
    I'm just glad they FINALLY realized how terrible it is. Only took them...forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I'm just glad they FINALLY realized how terrible it is. Only took them...forever.
    They said it feels like it's underperforming. They also said they don't want to buff it too much, and made the distinction that it's not Healing Rain. Sorry to disappoint you, but you need some qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    On the contrary, we have Holy Word: Serenity as an instant that adds a high uptime to crit chance (which when tank healing isn't wasteful), as well as rolling Renew and Echo of Light. You don't see Holy Priests assigned to tank healing because Paladins don't have anywhere else to go, and we're just damn good at raid healing.

I'm not sure how you want to go about doing this?
    you're misunderstanding what I meant by tank healing tools

I mean like something that can be thrown on a tank no matter what your job is at the moment beacon the tank heal the raid earth shield the tank etc serenity is great but its a short term buff and an efficient small heal not really what I was getting at and its aside from the point since its in the other chakra state, I don't mean to say Gheal and renew and echo aren't good to tank heal but it isn't a niche they are just heals with many purposes and all the healers have a Gheal equivalent and mastery that aids them to tank heal

My thoughts on its redesign:

Option 1) 6-7k mana, change to a targeted heal on a player not the ground that either ticks for healing based on damage taken or maybe healing taken to signify its a tank heal or more useful as one although could be used in situations such as the targeting beam of fire on magmatron etc

Option 2) 4-5k mana, if it must be kept as a ground radius heal, instead of healing all the people in its area heal only 1 or very few(2-3) for a more substantial amount where it would be nice on say V&T for the tank and melee, blackouts, Chimeron for the bot down phase as not everyone is always at the same health most times it would share many uses it has now while fine tuning them to see more situations where its effective

just some ideas, mainly I just don't like the idea of having to find a good place to put it off every cd because its so little mana, have it cost a lot like it does now where it gets use when you are only worrying about doing that extra bit and not the cost, or heal for too much where they decide to ruin spells that work fine now

edit: I overstated the mana cost in my first post I realize the issue with that kind of change and wouldn't want it to be like that just that 9k is too much for what it is or is going to be, all in all if they just change numbers its going to either be lackluster or too good imo. I don't think there is a place they can get it to where people use it but not all the time and it doesn't heal for enough to worry we have too much aoe healing
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2011-03-29 at 11:07 PM. Reason: clarification

Holy is missing a "heal harder" button. This is what HW:Sanc tries to be, but fails because Holy is already in a good place as a flatline without it. Give it a substantially longer CD, reduce its mana cost, remove its healing component, and have it boost healing done by the priest within its area by a flat %.