Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    * this was posted in a previous thread idk if it has been posted before and i cannot remeber who posted it but i love this lil' ryhme*

don't be silly wrap your willy
    don't be a fool wrap your tool
    don't be a punk wrap your junk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadwe View Post
    * this was posted in a previous thread idk if it has been posted before and i cannot remeber who posted it but i love this lil' ryhme*

don't be silly wrap your willy
    don't be a fool wrap your tool
    don't be a punk wrap your junk
    Not bad, kind of Python-esque even (pun intended). I wrote a whole damn poem for this thread and not one response, hahah.

I'm pretty surprised to read that most of you argue about having money to rise the kid. It's obviously a part of it, but the main reason I'd have the kid at 30 or even more, is to do the things I wouldn't be able to do with it. Guess nowadays it's all about study, work, have a kid, work and die.

PD: My girlfriend and me made a pregnance test this morning (she's not), quite a irony that I had to see this today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    I'm pretty surprised to read that most of you argue about having money to rise the kid. It's obviously a part of it, but the main reason I'd have the kid at 30 or even more, is to do the things I wouldn't be able to do with it. Guess nowadays it's all about study, work, have a kid, work and die.

PD: My girlfriend and me made a pregnance test this morning (she's not), quite a irony that I had to see this today.
    I think people are just bored with life. It's unfortunate that nihilism is so prevalent because there's actually more to do in the world than ever before, maybe that's the problem? ...The burden of so many choices that people just opt out and breed.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-03-29 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I think people are just bored with life. It's unfortunate that nihilism is so prevalent because there's actually more to do in the world than ever before, maybe that's the problem? ...The burden of so many choices that people just opt out and breed.
    Although there is alot to do than before in humanity's history, people dont have the luxury of exploring it all. There are alot more people in poverty than there is people who are financially stable. For many people, their work is all they can live for.

Having children in this era of humanity isnt even about the idea of having offspring anymore. Most children are either concieved by accident or by intention that they will succeed their parents and take care of them in old age, which is the saddest thing I have ever witnessed firsthand.

for me, it seems even more prevalent every day that my mother is waiting on one of me or my siblings to become self sustaining so she can finally retire (doesnt even care what conditions she retires in so long as she can just stop working and can live confortably enough)
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post

I don't know whom your comment is intended at, but I might be able to shed some light on the issue. In my opinion, as stated above, if you do not have money to raise a child, you are not ready. That does not however mean you should have a child the moment you can support one. Basic idea is that you should be financially stable before procreating. A large part of doing things that you could not do with a child is also financial stability - pretty much everything in this world has a price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    I don't know whom your comment is intended at, but I might be able to shed some light on the issue. In my opinion, as stated above, if you do not have money to raise a child, you are not ready. That does not however mean you should have a child the moment you can support one. Basic idea is that you should be financially stable before procreating. A large part of doing things that you could not do with a child is also financial stability - pretty much everything in this world has a price.
    QFT, if your not able to support yourself reasonably within your economic bounds, you are not ready for the experience entirely.

And its not that people arent mentally ready for children, thats all relative to each individual, but if you cant even support yourself on your income how the hell do you expect to support yourself and a child who will cost you about $1000-2000 on birth? youll only make yourself and your child miserable, and your child will suffer for it.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2011-03-29 at 11:52 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Although there is alot to do than before in humanity's history, people dont have the luxury of exploring it all. There are alot more people in poverty than there is people who are financially stable. For many people, their work is all they can live for.

Having children in this era of humanity isnt even about the idea of having offspring anymore. Most children are either concieved by accident or by intention that they will succeed their parents and take care of them in old age, which is the saddest thing I have ever witnessed firsthand.

for me, it seems even more prevalent every day that my mother is waiting on one of me or my siblings to become self sustaining so she can finally retire (doesnt even care what conditions she retires in so long as she can just stop working and can live confortably enough)
    You nailed it. Economic poverty = poverty of ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having a child before being capable of fully supporting him/her... the worst case of idiocy and immaturity combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    Well, its actually that Previous generations were the odd ones (pre-modern era, 14+ was child bearing age). In my opinion before 21 / 22 its going to be nothing but trouble and potentially ruin future plans, but the 24 year old is perfectly fine. You don't want to have children too late (late 30s is starting to push it), as the chances of complications rise and the chances of genetic diseases increases. I say 22ish since that is the end of college for many kids, so the odds of being able to sustain themselves and a family is a bit better than before that
    Beat me to it. But yes what this man says is quite true indeed. In the past humans breed at FAR younger ages than we find socially acceptable today. I say follow nature not emotion myself. Thus i have no problems with such concepts.

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Oh dear, another topic I told myself I would not touch with a ten-foot pole, but I feel as though I should throw in my 2 cents.

A lot of people have a tendency to think that a 16 or 17 year old female is a baby, and that teenagers are incapable of love, which, of course, is horseshit. Teen pregnancy is looked down upon because society has branded it as wrong, even though it's quite natural, and some would argue that the average female's best years for reproduction are 16-30. If we look at humans as just another species on this planet, it would make sense to have children young (not too young of course, the body must be developed), but all of our customs and rules get in the way of logical thinking. Instead of just being humans, we have to mold ourselves into little robots and abide by rules, many of which, do not make much sense.

The only reason why it's not a good idea to have children at 16 or 17 is because of how our present society works. There's not enough support for mothers in general, and society has made up a bunch of stupid 'values' with regards to young mothers.
    If you want to be a stay at home mom you have to work for a very long time and save up quite a bit of money if you're the average Western woman. And I'm sure that many of those women lose the opportunity to have children because of the time it takes to prepare; fertility issues, on average, start around 30.

I just wish that one day people will realize that a girl who has had a child at a young age is not 'stupid,' or a 'slut.' Maybe she made a mistake, maybe she didn't, but chances are that she's actually trying her hardest to give her kid the best she can. People should be giving her encouragement and support, not vitriol and stink-eyes.

Those shows, such as "16 and Pregnant" only show a minority of stupid 'Beverly Hills' wannabes that use their children as dolls and to gain celebrity status. But I've seen many adult women who do the exact same thing. It tells you that age is only a number.

Rukah, where did you get the idea that 19 to 25 is young? I'd say that 20 is a good middle ground, so to speak, and 25 to 30 is getting near the end.

If anyone has questions or needs me to clarify anything, just ask.
    This man speaks alot of sense and clearly understands history and science. Also i agree with the whole the way society works bit. Its honestly the only even semi acceptable reason i;ve found for such concepts.

Deleted
    Hey, me and my girlfriend are 19 years old, in the begning of september we thought that she were pregnant and we really had settled down with the idea of having a baby, but when the end of the month came and she got her period we both were sad and my girlfiend got a bit depressed as she wanted a baby that much, so we told eachother that we would have sex without protection and just see where that leads us- but nothing happend untill november when we noticed that her period werent coming, we both were really happy but not sure so she took a test and it was positive'jeij' , that day we sat down and made a plan for everything, the next day we went out searching for a aparment, (signed up on a waiting list) and searched for a Job for me 2 week later i finally found a job as i earn about 2000£ a month while going to school, a few month laters we got a Apartment notice, moving in June to our appartment, 390£ a month , the baby's birth date is 17 July so we are settled down then with our Appartment and 6 month of Work, im finnishing school this year so after that i will be able to work even more, so As for us we are doing very gr8 At the moment. my girlfriend is staying home with the child atleast 1½ year before she starts working again(or going to school again, not sure), so.. btw We are moving out of home Cause we really dont want Close Family help us trying to tell us what to do! this is our kid and we are going to raise it alone.People with the ''you are going to miss all fun in life opinion'' What is fun? you may think Partying your brain out is fun but in my opinion, doing that shows you that you dont know what to do with your life, i have found a goal. and that is to be a perfect housband and father, having fun with my Wife and friends, just because You have a child doenst meen you cant be with your friends anymore, you can still go to the cinema. you allways have some friend or family able to babysit,, Leaving your child for 2 hours doesnt make them drop dead or being misserable :P
    Dont know if you wanted my story but here it is, To be continued if i forgot something :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    No, you can't blame this one on society. Society has a point when it comes to this issue.

On average (at least in the Western world) we end secondary education/highschool at 17-18. Then people either get a job or continue their education until the early 20s in college. If you wind up getting pregnant at 18 and under you do not have the chance to do these things without having some sort of sacrifice, because you have to be responsible for your child. You only have one life, why miss out on years of self-exploration and finding out what you want your career to be by leashing yourself to a home to properly care for your child? It is not good idea. Yes some people can do it, but it'll be harder on them instead of waiting until you're financially and emotionally stable.
    Heh THIS is what he meant when he mentioned society. The social structure of todays societies prevent this type of thing from working how it once did. The sad thing is that biologically as many here have said the ideal ages for having a child is teens to 30s. Adter a certain point things like autims increase in odds as well as complications at birth. So it comes down to a few years where a person can be almost guranteed of a healthy child and yet be able to support it. I's say about 16 at MOST would be the number of years for a healthy child.

Deleted
    A woman's body is best able to handle carrying a baby and delivering it from 18-28-----35. After 35 the DNA in her eggs can degrade a bit, and disorders in the baby become more likely (but still aren't common). due to The DNA degrade there is a higher chance to get a child with Autism and complicated birth as stated above By @Sorrior

Before age 18 her body is still growing and isn't in the best condition to carry and grow a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Heh THIS is what he meant when he mentioned society. The social structure of todays societies prevent this type of thing from working how it once did. The sad thing is that biologically as many here have said the ideal ages for having a child is teens to 30s. Adter a certain point things like autims increase in odds as well as complications at birth. So it comes down to a few years where a person can be almost guranteed of a healthy child and yet be able to support it. I's say about 16 at MOST would be the number of years for a healthy child.
    That same social structure elevates the meaning and depth of life by creating those stigmas. Living in a tree might be more natural as well, but you're confusing the importance of nature with the importance of what is actually desirable. Most of us would rather not live as animals, let alone anything approaching that station.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yomyom View Post
    Modern society sees this as wrong, but it is not far from what would be considered normal for most of pre-modern society. All that has changed between now and then is we spend more and more time on education, even now, not so long ago going to uni/collage was a big thing, most people didn't do it and you didn't need to to work in most industries. Now a lot of people do it, and in many places that extra 2-4 years is considered as a part of your normal education.
    I see the last bit about education here as a problem myself. Pretty soon 8 year degrees will be considered mandatory instead of just 2-4.We keep expanding the amount of education needed and shutting out people who for whatever reason just aren;t good in schools but can do very well in other areas.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my the forums went political this week.

Let people do what they want, just don't make me pay for it D<
    No Signature. Seriously. None.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    That's because in the last few centuries people weren't expect to live past the age of 40, 30 was already quite old. Nothing to do with education, if people didn't procreate early we'd have been extinct.
    I've heard this argument so often and NEVER bought it. It's a total BS argument. Humans are designed to have children within a certain age range and i'm sorry to say but 30s-40s is at the tail end of it varying by individual. If anything people aren;t having kids early enough in some areas.

24 isn't that young... I'm 25 and my wife and I had our first, and we don't feel too young for it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gigoop View Post
    I'm really quite shocked at how young everyone seems to think its too late to have kids. Infact with the current population growth trend 30 is the ideal age to have kids as a preventive to overpopulation.
    Fun fact most 1st world nations are ina population DECLINE it's nations like india and china that re overpopulated. Places like england japan and the US all are having a population decline. Oh and by population decline i mean a pretty big birthrate drop. So if anything people in those countries should have MORE kids not less while those in places like india and china should have less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard this argument so often and NEVER bought it. It's a total BS argument. Humans are designed to have children within a certain age range and i'm sorry to say but 30s-40s is at the tail end of it varying by individual. If anything people aren;t having kids early enough in some areas.
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...rst-childbirth

You have a long road to travel to reality.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 12:19 AM ----------

Fun fact most 1st world nations are ina population DECLINE it's nations like india and china that re overpopulated. Places like england japan and the US all are having a population decline. Oh and by population decline i mean a pretty big birthrate drop. So if anything people in those countries should have MORE kids not less while those in places like india and china should have less.
    That is only a testament to the liberation of women into meaningful life choices. And overcrowding is an issue in many places anyway (unless you happen to live in Alaska, which is a bit detached). It's important to rise above our own biology. I'm all for no population growth and educated citizens with meaningful lives. Meaning is not inherent in our biology. It is our ability to choose.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-03-30 at 12:24 AM.