Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    In my humble opinion, The Age has nothing to do with this! as long as you have a paycheck each month and a place to live you are Ready.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroman19 View Post
    uhmm i dont like to talk about this .. but my girlgriend was raped whe she was 15. she at first didn't want to have the baby and her father wanted her to abort. i was already her boyfriend when that happend and although she was not my daughter, I wanted to take the responsability of the child and my girlfriend decided she wanted to have the baby. our daughter has 1 year old now and besides of the problems she had or the sacrifices we made, we couldn't be more happy and we would make everything for her.
    there is no a real age when you should have a baby but there is a moment for everything and been pregnant at the age of 15-18 is not the right moment because you will miss a lot of things.
    i hate when people judge us when they dont know about us and im against people who got pregnant at a young age and abort because that is an irresponsability

sorry for my english, it is not my main language
    You are a real man, I'll tell you that right now. It takes a LOT of courage and dedication to raise a child that's not yours. A couple of my friends went through the same exact thing. But to him, it doesn't matter. It's his son, even not biologically.

Deleted
    what the hell is this part about modern society actually?The Center for Disease control says that one-third of girls get pregnant before the age of 20. Teenpregnancy.org, a site managed by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, states that there are "750,000 teen pregnancies annually. Eight in ten of these pregnancies are unintended and 81 percent are to unmarried teens." Birth by teenagers has increased significly over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    That same social structure elevates the meaning and depth of life by creating those stigmas. Living in a tree might be more natural as well, but you're confusing the importance of nature with the importance of what is actually desirable. Most of us would rather not live as animals, let alone anything approaching that station.
    No actually my view is that the societal changes are the ONLY acceptable argument i have heard. In short it;s an argument that actually has logic not emotion behind it and i was pointing out how what said was what the other who misunderstood said/

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 12:56 AM ----------

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...rst-childbirth

You have a long road to travel to reality.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 12:19 AM ----------

That is only a testament to the liberation of women into meaningful life choices. And overcrowding is an issue in many places anyway (unless you happen to live in Alaska, which is a bit detached). It's important to rise above our own biology. I'm all for no population growth and educated citizens with meaningful lives. Meaning is not inherent in our biology. It is our ability to choose.
    Overcrowding is mainly a problem because of immigration(which i have NO problems with BTW). After looking at your link it;s clear yo didn;t understand what i meant. What i meant is that between the ages of 30-40 women and mens bodies start to undergo changes. By age 40 for instance a male father is more likely to produce a child with autism similar for a woman. I am NOT saying that certain ages are not done but that instead the longer you wait past 30 the higher the chance that a child will be disabled in some way shape or form. THAT is what i was referring to.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sollidie View Post
    what the hell is this part about modern society actually?The Center for Disease control says that one-third of girls get pregnant before the age of 20. Teenpregnancy.org, a site managed by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, states that there are "750,000 teen pregnancies annually. Eight in ten of these pregnancies are unintended and 81 percent are to unmarried teens." Birth by teenagers has increased significly over the years.
    When did they start gathering the data? Because without that knowledge that data can be as inaccurate as my saying the moon is pink and i've had sex(i haven't) the longer data is gathered the more accurate it is and considering alot of us are viewing time as longer term thing than data obviously contains it makes it kinda invalid.

Also watch the first part of this vid it fits pretty damn well

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=6013

EDIT meant to add about how the episode even has scenes of his mother screaming about his needing sex ed to his dad.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-03-30 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Sollidie View Post
    When did they start gathering the data? Because without that knowledge that data can be as inaccurate as my saying the moon is pink and i've had sex(i haven't) the longer data is gathered the more accurate it is and considering alot of us are viewing time as longer term thing than data obviously contains it makes it kinda invalid.

Actually that Information was gathered a year ago. so the numbers is abit innacurate, its about 1.000.000 teen pregnancies annualy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

Overcrowding is mainly a problem because of immigration(which i have NO problems with BTW). After looking at your link it;s clear yo didn;t understand what i meant. What i meant is that between the ages of 30-40 women and mens bodies start to undergo changes. By age 40 for instance a male father is more likely to produce a child with autism similar for a woman. I am NOT saying that certain ages are not done but that instead the longer you wait past 30 the higher the chance that a child will be disabled in some way shape or form. THAT is what i was referring to..
    I was referring to your "people should be having kids younger" phrase, not the 30-40 age range. Those figures show that people are having them before 30 anyway. 30-40 isn't too old or even a factor of being too old. Over 39 is when it *starts* to become problematic, not 29, and that is based on medical science from the 70's, not today's improvements. I'm going to live to be at least 90. Many people in my family have and life-expectancy is steadily rising, the most important factor here. Modern medicine is the driving force here, and things will only improve for older people in the future. 20-29 is already an extension of the late teens in many communities of the U.S. If people can plan to live to be 90 or older who are being born more recently, it is complete folly to start procreating earlier rather than later. The reality is people are living longer. Earlier procreation does not account for that reality. To me, actively choosing to have kids before mid-twenties or even early twenties is a suicidal mentality. Unless those people are exceptionally mature, with good finances and full lives, procreation is basically an act of self-harm. If they are against that grain, that's wonderful, but that's going to be a very extreme minority. Only in the United States can we look failure in the face and call it victory. It's our own personal religion, and it needs to hit the wastebasket. It's not a standard for improvement, it's just bad post-modernism.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-03-30 at 01:34 AM.

Absolutely not. Less children, less people! No babies, period. The world will burn with overcrowdedness, burn to the very ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    No actually my view is that the societal changes are the ONLY acceptable argument i have heard. In short it;s an argument that actually has logic not emotion behind it and i was pointing out how what said was what the other who misunderstood said
    I see, I've always viewed society as a framework for improvement rather than a force of oppression myself.

Ya gotta use what ya got to work with.

how the Hell this problem Came to this Foroums:P!!
    actually idc nvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, I've always viewed society as a framework for improvement rather than a force of oppression myself.

Ya gotta use what ya got to work with.
    Well we all have our experiences in life i guess. In my case i wasn't even around females for most of my ten years at least not ones my own age so i can see how bad it can be to not even have a chance to make bad choices. I can understand a bit where others come from but i also don;t believe in calling kids stupid defacto. I also view mistakes as things people make and should try and learn from even BIG ones like this. But that is my view and most people tend to disagree with my views even my parents who adopted me in their 40s & 30s BTW.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    you dont 'unintentionally' get pregnant. With the variety of birth control available, no one should get pregnant unless they desire that result

10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to your "people should be having kids younger" phrase, not the 30-40 age range. Those figures show that people are having them before 30 anyway. 30-40 isn't too old or even a factor of being too old. Over 39 is when it *starts* to become problematic, not 29, and that is based on medical science from the 70's, not today's improvements. I'm going to live to be at least 90. Many people in my family have and life-expectancy is steadily rising, the most important factor here. Modern medicine is the driving force here, and things will only improve for older people in the future. 20-29 is already an extension of the late teens in many communities of the U.S. If people can plan to live to be 90 or older who are being born more recently, it is complete folly to start procreating earlier rather than later. The reality is people are living longer. Earlier procreation does not account for that reality. To me, actively choosing to have kids before mid-twenties or even early twenties is a suicidal mentality. Unless those people are exceptionally mature, with good finances and full lives, procreation is basically an act of self-harm. If they are against that grain, that's wonderful, but that's going to be a very extreme minority. Only in the United States can we look failure in the face and call it victory. It's our own personal religion, and it needs to hit the wastebasket. It's not a standard for improvement, it's just bad post-modernism.
    I see then i apologize for my misunderstanding of you're reply. However i will disagree with some of your points. While yes in the short term what you're saying is great the problem comes down to employment and job seekers as well as our extended education. Now this problem may just be related to this sudden surge in younger people waiting to have kids essentially creating an age/employment gap. Now the other problem IS how long people are living. Alot of jobs will of course hire people with more experience and with the older generations having to stay and seek employment it means to me that the younger generations will have a higher likelihood of not being able to attain jobs and the larger the generation gap between kods and parents i can see amplifying this problem.

TL;DR i agree on some points but i also see potential harming coming from them depending on how things work out.

Now i mus say goodbye for now i need sleep pretty badly why this post especially may be hard to figure out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad, kind of Python-esque even (pun intended). I wrote a whole damn poem for this thread and not one response, hahah.
    ya don't credit me for that lil' ryhme and i did read yours i have to say it's clever

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Bah, the younger, the better. My sister's friend did it right and got pregnant at 13. Happy rest of life.
    W.T.F

all I can say...

I hope you weren't serious when you said that...
    Last edited by zlygork; 2011-03-30 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote, FAIL

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think age has little to do with it. It's all about readiness to sacrifice as well as responsibility.

One of my friends was born when his parents were 18 and 19. He's 18 now, works at the karate studio his dad owns, and lives a great life.

A family friend got pregnant when she was in her late 20s. She married the father but they both hate each other. She recently ended her 1 year prison sentence for embezzlement and drug possession. She now lives with us, her kids grandparents have custody of the child, and her husband want very little to do with her and their children.

It can go both ways at any age, however, having kids at a young age can cause you to miss out of once in a lifetime opportunities. You can always have kids when you're older, you can't really relive your teen years when you're older.

Quote Originally Posted by Noetic Concordance View Post
    sterilise the fuckin lot of em. worse than the damn african breeders .
    way worse as they actually have access to education and contraception. fucking idiots .
    nothing worse than breeders.
    100% agree
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Bah, getting married before 24 usually leads to disaster, let alone having kids before then.

Because of the baby

It isn't about the mother, it's about the baby.

It isn't society's fault for holding it's views, but self-preservation. A society where members spend the first 22-26 years of life being educated for their later jobs is more likely to have a higher standard of living in general if the parents have time to set-up their jobs so that they have a means of supporting their children. On average, (I would link the study if I had time / this site was important), children who's mother's stayed at home to raise them for 5 years scored 15% better on IQ tests than children who's mothers stayed at home less than 5 years. (that's about a 13 IQ differential). As part of the same study, the university found that there was a massive difference in the economic status of the families, favoring mothers who stayed at home for > 5 years, and had their university degree.
    In a society where boys are men as soon as they hit maturity, and begin work straight away (think cavemen, Vikings, pre-AD (ha ha)), it is better for couples to have children sooner (15-25). Also, because in these societies, maturity is a more important factor, age pairings would be like {16F+19M}, or {18F+23M}.

Don't fucking blame society for you're child's lack of success. Success that you denied them.
    {insert clever insult aimed at people who were either born to young mothers or parents who had children as a teenager}

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgex View Post
    Where's the bloody +rep button...

Problem with Pregnancy where I am from is that the government encourages young couples and couples in general to HAVE CHILDREN! They even give a "Baby Bonus" of a few thousand dollars too 3,000-5,000 per child birth.

This in tern attracts low life drudges/junkies etc, who go and have multiple kids to get the free cash hand out that is supposedly for the child, yet the money goes to there disgusting filthy habits albeit drinking/drugs etc not only that but we have had cases where people have a child/children, claim there free hand out (at the expense of the tax payer of course) and then try to get rid of the child....by get rid of its not always the most "humane" way.

Example: Recently there was a dead baby found inside a suit-case, dumped in a pond/man-made lake on a farm!

and that's just 1 example, I know of another where a dead baby was found in a plastic bag down a local creek!

I personally believe you should need some sort of "License" to have a child (as commical as it sounds), to prove you are fit to have a child and be able to give the child the best possibilities....but, who is to say how to raise "your" child.

Loose/Loose scenario can only hope for the best.