Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    why ya so nice to fucks and low lifes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    And they keep falling back to that fallacy with feeble attempts to justify it.
    How can one person be so stubborn...

10+ Year Old Account
    And they keep falling back to that fallacy with feeble attempts to justify it.
    Possibly, but you're the one calling a man a unicorn because he's got a cone taped to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    Are you even reading our arguments to the contrary...?
    I'm reading apologists attempting to defend their logical inconsistency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Possibly, but you're the one calling a man a unicorn because he's got a cone taped to his head.
    This is my new sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody here is an apologist since Communism has never actually done anything.

Deleted
    Argue, then, consistently, against everything we've said to counter your ridiculous argument.

Did you get your political education working in Hot Topic?

Deleted
    This is my new sig.
    !!!!!!!!! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my new sig.
    thanks! that's twice this week that someone has sig-quoted me.

Actually, it's more like this.

Let's assume that all zebras are friendly.

Now, we have a white horse who is a bit of a bitch. This white horse paints itself with black stripes. It then commits murder and adultery.

What you're saying is that, according to the above argument, zebras now commit murder and adultery regularly.

He pointed out a logical fallacy in your argument. Attempting to make an analogy out of an invalid argument doesn't address anything he has said.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's low. For too long have my unicorn brethren suffered to the ignorance of your kin.
    For far too long have we been called "Crazy lunitics with cones strapped to their forheads".
    For far too long! But no more.

I don't have to sit and listen to this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by electrikfuzz View Post
    He pointed out a logical fallacy in your argument. Attempting to make an analogy out of an invalid argument doesn't address anything he has said.
    And I pointed out that his logical fallacy does not match out argument, and attached a more accurate analogy to it.

Deleted
    Essentially its the ideal concept... but its broken and doesnt work in society

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what Communism is 'cos I was brought up and indocrinated in the 1980's :P

Seriously, the Soviet Union was no more communist than the 'West' is democratic... do capitalism and democracy sit hand in hand?

And I pointed out that his logical fallacy does not match out argument, and attached a more accurate analogy to it.
    It matches perfectly, Communists, like religious apologists, never fail to fall back on the DEY NOT REEL COMMUNISTS skit, which is exactly what the No True Scotsman Fallacy is.

But hey, if you want to be illogical, go ahead, it goes hand in hand with your ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia, China and Cuba is all that comes to mind.
    Last edited by DaHomieG; 2011-03-30 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Spelled China as "CHina".

Deleted
    It matches perfectly, Communists, like religious apologists, never fail to fall back on the DEY NOT REEL COMMUNISTS skit, which is exactly what the No True Scotsman Fallacy is.

But hey, if you want to be illogical, go ahead, it goes hand in hand with your ideology.
    He never said "they are no real communists" he said "they simply are no communists" the real makes the big difference here...

Deleted

But... The entire scotsman fallacy depends on the fact that the culprits are 100% certainly scotsmen, since they were born in Scotland.

How do you prove that someone is a communist? By examining his or her ideologies and actions. If they do not match, then they are not a communist.

You can't say "But he's a communist despite the fact that he does things no communist would do", because that is what defines a communist in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fûrious_ View Post
    He never said "they are no real communists" he said "they simply are no communists" the real makes the big difference here...
    Except it makes no difference, it's still the same fallacy.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 09:28 PM ----------

Oh wow...Communists are even more adamant in their logical inconsistency than religious fanatics?