Worst local news story ever

I think this one might win ... "The Softer Side of Pit Bulls" ... all about a new Humane Society ad campaign to show how lovable and snuggly pit bulls really are. They even made a poster with pit bulls' faces, each one in the middle of a pretty flower. Please don't hate if you love pit bulls .. it's just the funniest damn thing I've seen all week.

An of duty police officer used his gun to shoot a dieing fox that was hit by a car once, and a whole bunch of peta protesters went to the police station claiming it could of been saved.

Your's sounds pretty funny to, i'd like to see it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cptmyname View Post
    An of duty police officer used his gun to shoot a dieing fox that was hit by a car once, and a whole bunch of peta protesters went to the police station claiming it could of been saved.

Your's sounds pretty funny to, i'd like to see it lol
    You know it probably could have if taken to a vet or something, but I probably would have done the same thing as the officer, why put it through all the misery and who is gonna pay for it? Me the person who brought it in, so yeah just end its misery.

it was funny when my sister made the 6 o clock news for stealing 5 thousand dollars worth of stuff from walmart.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering the fact the animal could have been rabid and getting the blood on him or in the vehicle used to transport detainees could cross contaminate, the fact that animal control probably would have shot it too but taken a lot longer to show up and allow the fox to suffer, or the fact that it was just a darn fox come to mind as being good reasons for that being a stupid story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thesun in general are just so bad. Always calling people and making really bad jokes. Like a few month ago it was going on about a guy who saved some woman from getting run over and the headline was like 'Fat guy saves woman', just stuff like that makes me really want to see the person who wrote the article and kick them in the nuts.

there was a story on the news recently where 4 cops were beating a 17 year old who had stolen a wii from a child. it didnt give much backstory like if the kid had a gun was violent or hurt some one just showed the kid up against a chain link fence face down with the cops over him kicking him and punching him. needless to say all 4 cops were suspended but it still woulda been nice to know what happend

The world is too violent nowadays. (Like it was ever peaceful.)
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank

http://www.kpho.com/news/27272012/detail.html
    http://www.kpho.com/local-video/inde...deo_id=4600221

Rofl - Steven seagal and some random Sheriff raid a man suspected of involvement in cockfighting with swat teams and a tank. The suspect wasn't even armed. All this to help create material for Steven Seagals reality TV show, jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank

http://www.kpho.com/news/27272012/detail.html
    http://www.kpho.com/local-video/inde...deo_id=4600221

Rofl - Steven seagal and some random Sheriff raid a man suspected of involvement in cockfighting with swat teams and a tank. The suspect wasn't even armed. All this to help create material for Steven Seagals reality TV show, jesus christ.
    To be fair, that sort of criminal activity in that area is almost always associated with gangs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by electrikfuzz View Post
    To be fair, that sort of criminal activity in that area is almost always associated with gangs.
    Have you ever seen a tank push down a wall of a house after a 911 call?

I mean... did they think the guy was armed with land mines and rocket launchers? That's pretty crazy.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

I mean... did they think the guy was armed with land mines and rocket launchers? That's pretty crazy.
    As I said, it was all acting for Steven Seagals 'Lawman'. Disgusting waste of taxpayer money.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

First, they didn't use a tank. Lots of sensationalism there. They used armored vehicles, standard procedure for pretty much every swat team in the country. Armored vehicles are used so you don't get shot on your way up to the house. Gangs are generally armed with fairly powerful assault rifles, so I think an armored vehicle would be in order in that situation.

I don't necessarily agree with their way of going about it, but I understand their motivations.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The worst one I've seen that happened last year is this.
    http://www.kcra.com/news/24411562/detail.html

I went to the state fair that day and this happened just hours before. A pregnant cow was due to give birth any time but escaped her holding pen (I heard the keeper left the gate open and it got out) and was walking around the fairgrounds. They ended up chasing it with a freaking truck, tried to corner it, chased it on foot and on bikes and flailing their arms to in attempt to get her into a pen, but they said she was "dangerous" and "didn't like people" when she was really just scared to death and confused. They ended up shooting her multiple times all over her body, killing her and the calf.

And here is something pretty random that also happened last year. Not good or bad really.
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...rre&id=7611679

There were 2 zebras running around in my town after they got loose while being loaded into a trailer.

Oh and this was probably one of the more interesting things. There were 2 humpback whales lost in the river running here through Sacramento in 2007. http://www.kcra.com/news/13321431/detail.html