Deleted

Rift - What do you think?

What is your opinion on the new MMO, Rift?

I personally found it fun till I hit 20, it then seemed really repetitive, and my server's population started to dwindle. Needless to say, it's back to WoW for me. =[

I found it fun till lvl 40 then I just quit it , wasnt as fun as I hoped it would be, so back to WoW / other games for me too!

Deleted
    I enjoyed a mage in the beta till 27, and a cleric till 26 on live...i think what ruined it for me was my computer in that i could only run it on lowest settings. That's why i started playing wow again, it's a much more vibrant place to log onto for an hour or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good mmo that has a lot of potential. But, at this moment it aint for me. The characters feels too...clunky and stiff, and so do the mounts and animations. I played it during beta and again for the weekend trial. Maybe when they fix those things I'll give it another go.

Deleted
    Woops! My bad! Lock please, didn't realise there was an official thread for this. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I think it's a good mmo that has a lot of potential. But, at this moment it aint for me. The characters feels too...clunky and stiff, and so do the mounts and animations. I played it during beta and again for the weekend trial. Maybe when they fix those things I'll give it another go.
    I enjoyed it, got Mage to 50 and a Rogue to 38. It's hard on my current shard to find groups for experts(heroics) and when you do they are tuned so tight that you HAVE to have certain class make-ups. Thing I hated most was I rolled a Mage to cast spells/see big numbers, and yet at this point in the game if you are a Mage you are pretty much forced to Heal(Chloromancer Soul) if you want to get in a Expert or Raid any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xBloodchargedx View Post
    I enjoyed it, got Mage to 50 and a Rogue to 38. It's hard on my current shard to find groups for experts(heroics) and when you do they are tuned so tight that you HAVE to have certain class make-ups. Thing I hated most was I rolled a Mage to cast spells/see big numbers, and yet at this point in the game if you are a Mage you are pretty much forced to Heal(Chloromancer Soul) if you want to get in a Expert or Raid any.
    ??? Are you kidding?

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 02:05 PM ----------

As for my opinion on Rift though I'm getting really addicted really quickly. I'll be honest it's not on the same level of addiction that classic WoW was for me but it's getting there!

my two cents

I have been playing Rift since launch and love every minute of it. I also have an active recurring 6 month sub for WoW. WoW is still fun at times but is starting to show a little age. I log on to play with my guildmates for scheduled raids,etc.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i just dont understand the people that say Rift is boring. How is it boring. If you played the first 20 levels i could possibly see your point because you dont have all your talents/abilities. Thats called leveling up..You started off in WoW just the same but with a lot less choices and abilities within those first 20 levels. Class design in Rift is just amazing. At level 15 you basically have 8 classes at your disposal to respec whenever you want at barely any cost. While were on the topic of Specs, you can also have up to 4 saved specs. Along with the unlocking of the PvP soul, which gives you more survival and bigger burst, for only 2500 favor (Rifts honor is you will) I just dont see how thats just not amazing..

Rifts/Invasions: To be honest Freemarch is not the best "first impression" of Rift/Invasion activity for most. Personally i enjoyed it, but especially right now with the Death invasion events going on it can be a little overwhelming at first glance. In zones 30+, especially in IPP and Stillmoor the invasions are an amazing public World Raid experience with objective lists to unlock the final Boss, which drops nice rewards that everyone receives for participation. Hell the NPC's will even chip in. If left to invade, the zone is crippled until cleaned up. Your towns and quest hubs are overwhelmed. Overall its an awesome experience and a great solution to support a helpful community.

People that complain about not finding groups to do dungeons with, im sorry but everytime i put myself out there LFG i get immediate responses. Im also in a sizable guild so lately i just ask in guild chat and have plenty of raised hands. People have been asking for a LFD tool. I say hell no, at least if its anything like WoW's. I refuse to PuG in WoW at all just for the fact the community is god awful. If i havent played with you before I dont run it in WoW, enough said.

Addons: Addons are cool when they are not used as the standard. UI in RIFT is fully customizable, they only thing i have an issue with is the portraits in my Player/Target frames but its not game breaking. Things like Recount and GS have no place here. In RIFT group make up consists of Tank/Heals/DPS/Support. I mean Real support, like having a Bard or Chloro for example in a group those buffs are great to have. Chloro..OMG a mage that can Battle rez heal and buff up, wow. So going off something like Recount in RIFT would just be dumb.

PvP: RIFT seems to be a more PvE oriented game. While I enjoy the Warfronts and PvP, I do not want to see a competitive PvP system brought in i.e. Arenas. Classes are unique and very enjoyable to play as is, I would rather not have the overwhelming balancing and just kick it around in a Warfront from time to time. I have heard people complaing about balancing issues already, yet your in playing in a x1-x9 bracket for gods sake. If someone 2 or 4 levels higher kicked your ass, your class doesnt suck its the level difference. Also for those that have complained about only having 2 Warfronts..wrong again. Another game that you have played only had 2 BG's open around 20 levels. Theres Black Garden (nice twist to capture the flag), The Codex (Comparable to AB but awesome), Whitefall Steepes (comparable to WSG), The Battle of Port Scion (sort of AV).

People should just play the game, level to cap and enjoy themselves before making statements of how the game sucks at 20 or even 30 or when they played beta. Personally as long as my guild in WoW sticks around I will be enjoying both games for a long time.