Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    In the cookie jar. Stay The F*ck Away From It.

What do you think that happens after you die?

Hi guys, I just realised that, at some point in my life, I will die.
    It's not a happy thought, but it's the truth, if I would deny myself that, I would be rather dissapointed with myself.

So, what do you think happens? Are you an Atheist and believe in "The Void" or the nothingness after death?
    Are you religious and believe that there is Heaven? Or maybe an endless circle of rebirth and death?
    Or do you believe something else entirely?

Personally I believe and not believe in all these things, meaning that, I do not excluse any of them, nor do I take any one of them as the complete truth.

I couldn't bring myself to what my own logic tells me is right and say that there is absolutely nothing, it simply drives my insane. I can't fathom it.

And quite honestly, I'm scared sh*tless from it. Not knowing what could be or is.

I asked this question to different people and they all have different views on this world, I want to know yours, for my own comfort, and to simple talk and understand people this way. Because, no matter how hard we fight it, we all die, someday.

"But in the world nothing can be said to be certain except death and taxes."

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for reading, I know this is a really grim subject, but I wanted to ask either way.

P.S. Please, for the sake of humanity, don't let this become a flame war. We all have different views, and we won't convince each other anyway. Respect one another, and let eachother be.

-Paul
    Abandon all hope to humanity and you won't be disappointed in random LFGs.

My Rogue

And waay too many alts

I think nothing happens, literally. I don't think there is anything left, and you are no longer "you", anywhere at all. That being said, I am curious as to whether or not that is actually true. I don't want to find out anytime soon (though if the first is true, I won't find out at all), but I am interested to know if somehow I will be "conscious" as...you know, someone else? Hard to really fathom, since nobody truly knows, so it's just as hard to word.

I used to believe in reincarnation but now I believe that the only thing that happens when we die is that we simply seize to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a saying i came up with for myself as comfort for this subject and thats.

" No matter how old you think you are in human years the Particals that make up your body are as old as the universe itself"

So for me i feel we never truely die although i do believe in the void that we wont be concious when we die but the materials that make us will live on forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think ill rot in a coffin or be eaten by zombies... all depends on how the us government handles libya

Nothing. You die, rot, become dust. That is all. Everything else is meant to comfort us, but there is no better comforting than living a nice life and doing the things that you love

I want to believe it's all gold and green forests, but c'mon. Seriously. It'll be pitch black. Nothing happens, you just die.

But I hope...
    Last edited by Solstark; 2011-04-06 at 10:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you die. And you are gone. And that sucks for the people that love(d) you.
    Dead is just a natural part of life.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I believe people created Heaven in a way to comfort themselves on the fact that they die...that being said i love to believe ill conciously exist somewhere im scared to not ever be anything ever again...

I love how people have an opinion on this...

You havnt died...

so...

How can you have an answer?

Deleted
    Nothing happens. You will die and that is the end for you, for your conscious being. Like Crownes said, our building blocks will remain and might even end up in a different solar system one day. But never will the same you live again, you are death and stay death.

I love how people have an opinion on this...

You havnt died...

so...

How can you have an answer?
    I don't have any answers, only beliefs and hopes. And I truly hope I will just fade away when I die, I would be severely disappointed if I die only to find out it doesn't end there.

I am a Christian, and I do believe that there is a Heaven and a Hell. Not like, a single all-encompassing Hell, though. I like to follow the idea of Dante's Inferno a bit more closely than a single gaping chasm of fire and death, where sinners are punished (or simply not rewarded, as those in the 1st level limbo) based on severity of crime. And heaven, I suppose, is just the 'basic' idea of it, with all its cloudy, golden, song-filled glory and all.

I can't imagine what it's like to simply stop existing and no longer have consciousness. I guess if that's what happens, I won't really know it, and thus can't be afraid of it, but still... the idea scares me. I like to think that there's something else, and I've always wanted to believe, but I've never had any proof. And I can't make myself believe it. So I guess my answer is I don't know. I won't know for sure until I actually do die. Or maybe I won't know.

Quote Originally Posted by -Scarecrow- View Post
    I don't have any answers, only beliefs and hopes. And I truly hope I will just fade away when I die, I would be severely disappointed if I die only to find out it doesn't end there.
    I'd be annoyed if I died, and all I could see was a giant sign saying;

'Level 2'

i honestly think nothing happens u just disappear

It's funny though, because you can't actually imagine nothing. We all simply think of a total darkness, but that is far from what "The Void" would have to be. It is very interesting to me that it is impossible for our minds to comprehend complete annihilation of self, but on the other hand we cannot understand eternity of self either. Just something to think about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in the cycle. Why? Because it's evident everyday. When an animal dies in the woods, it rots which fertilizes the surrounding plants, other animals eat it, etc. It becomes a part of its environment more in death than in life. Humans have somewhat skewed this process with our death ceremonies; burial, cremation, etc.

As far as what you experience, who can really say? Some, well a great deal, of people just can't wrap their heads around the concept that you simply cease to exist. While it may be a difficult concept to grasp, it is more than likely the way it is.

You rot in the ground.
    Hi Sephurik

*Obligatory spirit healer joke*