Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good info funkthepunk, some things i didnt think about during some fights, yes this will help increase my dps even more hehe.

Keep it coming, if any priest have special tactics on certain fights to be on top dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ibprofin View Post
    K

Uhm don't listen to him. Dear priests everywhere, I know its hard, but learn to read. Our mastery does NOT increase dot damage. It only increases mind blast damage. Casting mind blast with any amount of orbs will give you empowered shadows, which gives you 20% dot damage regardless of mastery.
    Sucks to be you.

I would normally ask you for a log that it shows you pulling 55-60k on halfus but youi wll probably link me a fake one pretending is yours so i won't bother.

Next time be sure that you know at least the basics of your class before get yourself embarrassed in a topic that asks for an advice on how to get better

Quote Originally Posted by Tamb View Post
    get macro for mind flay, so you can spam button witouth clipping mind flay and cast it immidietly when you stop casting it.

this is macro:
    /cast [nochanneling:Mind Flay] Mind flay

it helped me a lot whit my dps.. no downtime or cliping of mindflay and you can focus more on refreshing dots, boss tactics, then focusing on when to recast mind flay
    Nochanneling macros are a DPS loss, I'm pretty sure, since if you're lagging a bit, you can still hit MF at the end and, after the delay, the game will start casting it for you right away. With a nochanneling macro, your client has to wait for confirmation that you are no longer channeling MF before it will let you start again. That includes the time for the game to tell your client its no longer channeling, plus the time for the game to receive your next instruction once that macro is enabled.

Someone feel free to debunk this, as I'm only about 90% sure on this.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Sucks to be you.

I would normally ask you for a log that it shows you pulling 55-60k on halfus but youi wll probably link me a fake one pretending is yours so i won't bother.

Next time be sure that you know at least the basics of your class before get yourself embarrassed in a topic that asks for an advice on how to get better
    55-60k with out the whelps up is pretty reasonable at that gear level if you are an all-star at multi-dotting. I'm still learning, did a fairly poor job, and still did 50+k last week. Then again, if he doesn't know how our mastery works, he's probably not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by ibprofin View Post
    As for the DI thing. Don't QQ if he gives it to a druid healer over you, its better for the raid to survive than for you to pad the charts. If he gives to to any other class/spec, then call him out on it.
    Um, no. A haste and slight healing buff to one healer (which will be 3% instead of 9% after the buff) will not make a difference in wipes. If a druid healer is talking about how they need the buff to heal, then they are either undergeared or haven't changed their strat for the fight in particular. Blizz does not design fights where you have two specific classes so a specific role can give a buff to a specific class/role combo in order to avoid wiping.

1. Haste does not mean better healing. The slight boost is minimal. It means the exact same heal that would have been cast anyway gets done slightly faster, or a HoT tics once more. That alone will never save a raid from a wipe, and it will not make a healer better.

2. The healing buff is minimal. How much does a single druid HoT tick for? Yes, they have a lot, but is that going to mean the difference for saving a tank out of 2-5 healers in the raid (depending on 10/25man)? No.

In short, the lock is boosting his numbers so he can be higher on the charts than you. He only chose a healer so anyone who doesn't think about it too much would think you're shortchanging the healer for your dps.
    Last edited by Zuziza; 2011-04-11 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    Um, no. A haste buff to one healer (which will be 3% instead of 9% after the buff) will not make a difference in wipes. If a druid healer is talking about how they need the buff to heal, then they are either undergeared or haven't changed their strat for the fight in particular. Blizz does not design fights where you have two specific classes so a specific role can give a buff to a specific class/role combo in order to avoid wiping. Haste does not mean better healing. It means the exact same heal that would have been cast anyway gets done slightly faster, or a HoT tics once more. That alone will never save a raid from a wipe, and it will not make a healer better.

In short, the lock is boosting his numbers so he can be higher on the charts than you. He only chose a healer so anyone who doesn't think about it too much would think you're shortchanging the healer for your dps.
    I find it astounding that there is so much debate in the community about DI and so many people still get the buff completely wrong. It's a flat 3% haste now and after the patch. That isn't changing. The stacking part is periodic damage/healing. 9% on a druids periodic heals, as you can imagine, is an appreciable amount. That being said, I agree with your general sentiment.

lots of great info thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Also, you pull 55-60k yet you only pull 18-20k on single targets and 15k on dummies, care to prove any of this?
    (Answer not only to you, but to many others, your quote was first tho).
    Doing 60k on halfys isn't something I find strange. I have no World of logs on it but I did 60k on 25man Halfys HC on my priest, good opitmized almost full epic gear.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shartadin View Post
    Nochanneling macros are a DPS loss, I'm pretty sure, since if you're lagging a bit, you can still hit MF at the end and, after the delay, the game will start casting it for you right away. With a nochanneling macro, your client has to wait for confirmation that you are no longer channeling MF before it will let you start again. That includes the time for the game to tell your client its no longer channeling, plus the time for the game to receive your next instruction once that macro is enabled.

Someone feel free to debunk this, as I'm only about 90% sure on this.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 09:15 AM ----------

55-60k with out the whelps up is pretty reasonable at that gear level if you are an all-star at multi-dotting. I'm still learning, did a fairly poor job, and still did 50+k last week. Then again, if he doesn't know how our mastery works, he's probably not that good.
    I don't know how the math is behind the mind flay macro, but I use it and I neither gain or loose any dps without it, I can imagine that on high levels of latency, you will be better of with it.
    At mid latency, you'll experience slow answers from the server and loose dps.
    And at low latancy these answers comes right away anyway so it's neither a win or loose.
    Just my unproven theroy tho!

And as I said, with all the drakes up on 25man HC with 3-4 drakes, 60k is quite easy to maintain. As shadow, I usually skipp whelp as mind sear sucks and consentrate on keeping Archangle stacks and dots up on every target instead.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwolfe View Post
    that is a bold face lie.
    I don't really understand how you manage to quote me for something that I quoted.
    And even after that, you took it from it's context were I to, sugested that it was a lie, nice job brah!
    Last edited by eErike; 2011-04-11 at 09:04 PM.

doing 60k plus on halfus is easy, this is from the the other day and i was playing bad imo http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11671&e=11953

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyAndy View Post
    doing 60k plus on halfus is easy, this is from the the other day and i was playing bad imo http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11671&e=11953
    How did you start that fight with dark evangelism stacked to 5, a shadow orb up and ready, and a ES that lasted for over for 20 seconds before you consumed that orb?

Question: When we eventually start Heroic V&T (we just downed H Halfus, so its a ways away), is it worth it to ask the raid leader if instead of circling around away from Valiona in Phase 2, we circle under Valiona so that myself (and the locks/boomkins) can have multidot access? Seems like it'd be a huge raid DPS gain.

Where they tank Theralion at the moment, I can't even stack on the melee and be in range of Valiona in the air (got myself hilariously meteored today trying to find the right spot).

The tips on Omnotron were particularly helpful. I out DPS'd a boomkin with DI, while I didn't have DI, today (pretty good one too). I realized but never thought to use that the shield goes away at ~20 or so. Great tip. Same with the Magmaw stuff.

In which fights do people find themselves actually using mind sear, if any? Just looking for some personal opinions on this.

Thanks, and I'd greatly appreciate more tips if people have them to offer. Still relatively new to the spec and looking to squeeze more out.

I would suggest move asmuch as you can inbetween GCD's. Mindblast*move and cast swd* continue rotation/flay etc. Sinse devouring plague is instant, when you cast it, move a little. The purpose of this is to generate an additional chance for your mirriors to spawn. Tiny dps suggestion, but even +100dmg counts to an elitest :P (Cough ensidia couch siege bombs and bugging LK cough)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Where they tank Theralion at the moment, I can't even stack on the melee and be in range of Valiona in the air (got myself hilariously meteored today trying to find the right spot).

Im not really sure whats the reason behind your p2 movement. We try to avoid unnessecary movement. And yes you are supposed to multidot here almost the whole fight (vt dp can sometime drop during the breath phases).

In which fights do people find themselves actually using mind sear, if any? Just looking for some personal opinions on this.
    I use mindsear on Toxitron adds, Cho'gall adds, Maloriak green phases, Sinestra whelps.

On another note: all your questions will we answered on shadowpriest.com
    Last edited by Veddartha; 2011-04-13 at 07:59 AM.

Deleted
    You can easy do up to 70k dps with some decent gear BUT that means you are a noob and you only dps Halfius instead of killing the drakes like everyone else and trying to show your epeen cuz you do 70k dps aka L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Zulanjin View Post
    You can easy do up to 70k dps with some decent gear BUT that means you are a noob and you only dps Halfius instead of killing the drakes like everyone else and trying to show your epeen cuz you do 70k dps aka L2P
    Good luck doing 70k dps without helping on the drakes

Lets not divert this thread in epeen whore, i do more dps then u thread

I need some help on last part of chogal with the tentacles. Whats the best way to maximize dps there. Do we focus target chogal + 1 tentacle, or do we focus chogal and vt all tentacles. Do we ignore chogal and dots up all tentacles as priority.

We mostly seem to wipe if the tenctacles arent killed fast enough, so im wondering where to best put my dps. Offcourse chogall needs to die to and we kill him. But i feel im not doing max dps in this fase, and wondering how do u max your dps when u need to help with tentacles.

Do u use shadowword pain on them, or only vt help.. What would u do to get tentacles down fast ? We are not very bursty and mindspikes seems t run us dry fast and shadowword deathing near the end can be harmfull

thank you

Deleted
    I personnally use mind spike on them. I doubt they have enough life to DoT them. Don't know if it's optimal...
    If you tank Cho'Gall on the throne, you can usually aoe some of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlybonne View Post
    Lets not divert this thread in epeen whore, i do more dps then u thread

I need some help on last part of chogal with the tentacles. Whats the best way to maximize dps there. Do we focus target chogal + 1 tentacle, or do we focus chogal and vt all tentacles. Do we ignore chogal and dots up all tentacles as priority.

We mostly seem to wipe if the tenctacles arent killed fast enough, so im wondering where to best put my dps. Offcourse chogall needs to die to and we kill him. But i feel im not doing max dps in this fase, and wondering how do u max your dps when u need to help with tentacles.

Do u use shadowword pain on them, or only vt help.. What would u do to get tentacles down fast ? We are not very bursty and mindspikes seems t run us dry fast and shadowword deathing near the end can be harmfull

thank you
    I don't know how this is in your group, but in my group, all of the tentacles tend to die way too fast to make DoTs even close to worth it. Make a macro to target Darkened Creation and spam Mind Spike, but also keep full dots rolling on Cho'gall the entire time, and have Archangel up during this phase for SW on Cho'gall as well. As a shadow priest, you have the benefit of being able to do very high DPS on a primary target while still helping much on whatever adds there are. Use this.

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    How did you start that fight with dark evangelism stacked to 5, a shadow orb up and ready, and a ES that lasted for over for 20 seconds before you consumed that orb?
    Yah answer this question please... It's just that one log, all 3 spriests have everything at the start of the pull, but in their most recent log it's as normal. Was it a glitch?
    Last edited by Solfire; 2011-04-14 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    Yah answer this question please... It's just that one log, all 3 spriests have everything at the start of the pull, but in their most recent log it's as normal. Was it a glitch?
    Dig rats? They still drop.

Dig rats.... oh dear..