Thread: Girl Help :D

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    dont be a pussy about it, maybe you wont see her ever again after you graduate?
    that dont feel so good right?
    ask her out right now

Deleted
    I wouldn't necessarily say that after 5 years it *has* to be one-sided. I liked a boy for god knows how long and was always too shy to tell him. I tried to be his friend instead and talked to him a lot. In the end I never told him and I think I'll always kind of regret it...

So yes, worst case scenario, she'll say no. If she says no, and you tell her that she's still important to you as a friend, the friendship may continue as it is. She'll feel bad for not reciprocating your feelings, but I don't think it should freak her out.

I personally think you're being very brave Quiris. Crossing my fingers for you!

15+ Year Old Account
    The worst that can happen is that she says no (but hey, you're probably not gonna see her much after high school anyway).

I don't really recommend asking her when there's alcohol involved, but if that's the only way you're gonna ask her out then do it (but not if you're drunk, ask her after the first beer or two!).

If you ask her out and she says no, you've lost nothing.
    If you ask her out and she says yes, you've won everything.

Deleted
    Just do it.

The worst that can happen is she says no. If she says yes, then she said yes when she could have said no. Which means you were worried for no reason, because she probably feels the same way about you.

And if she does say no: Don't freak. Hardly the end of the world; you've known her for a long time, whatever pain you feel will wear off in time (trust me, it will).

besides, if she says no, you have WoW. WoW is awesome. Right guys? Right? (insert forever alone picture here)

**I haven't read the entire story because I happen to be in a rush**

So I might need some additional info.
    How well do you know her personally and how well does she know you? (Im not talking about stalker shit on Facebook)
    How long does your conversations last?
    In your opinion, are you in the friend zone to her? meaning, does she feel VERY comfortable talking to you.
    Last but not least : What is your social status at school? This one might be hard to answer but do not be biased.

All those answers should give me a good idea on how you need to approach the situation.
    If your in the friend zone, you might need to shift your attitude towards her,
    If your not "popular", so to speak, you might need to work your way up there.

Well free to pitch in any additional info.

15+ Year Old Account
    Self confidence and esteem is all the advice you need. Get some.

Deleted
    Even if she's a good friend you can try. I've seen and heard about many girls here at least who prefer to be friends with guys before they decide if they want them as more then that. That shows in my book that they're smart, why? Well because they don't guide themselves after how the guy looks or the first impression that he made her laugh, they wait to see the true personality of the boy.
    The fact that she didn't try anything herself till now might not mean anything:
    1.She didn't want to risk the friendship/was too shy - happens, you never know, in this case she'd be happy to see you try.
    2.She did try, but because girls have ways which we, boys, don't understand (you know the saying women are from Venus and men from Mars? yes, it's preety much true, it's hard for us to understand everything women do and say as it is for them to understand everything we do and say) you never noticed it, you took it as a regular happening and nothing special and she thought you're not interested in her.

Now if she does say no after you try, don't worry. I see you two are getting along, so try to remain friends and be there for her when she needs it as a friend, because that's what friends do. She might act weird for a time, but when she sees you passed the phaze or at least you make her think you passed it, she'll get over it.

Also, don't ask her something like "do you want to be my girlfriend?" - that's stupid and trust me girls don't like it like that. In fact try to let her know you like her in other ways, like minor things, a rose brought to her, or a poem or something. I don't know her personally so don't know what she likes, but if you talked to her you should know, so do that. Remember, minor things at start, don't go tell her you love her from start, it might scare her at first.

Also, when you do tell her you like/love her after a while of clues, don't ask her to respond to you immediately, let her think, if you force her to respond immediately she'll think you're trying to control her and refuse you.
    Don't talk to her all the time if she says yes and ask her to do everything with you. She'll think you're trying to control her and break up with you. Also don't do that as a friend either to anyone, people want space for themselves. And they want lots.

Keep some secrets about you to make her curious like when she asks you something respond "well... it's a secret that" and smile. Don't do that too much though or she'll think you're keeping things from her.

Some of the tips might not work since well I'm a person employing an older type of romantism that doesn't fit to many today, but hope I helped.

Last, but not least, keep calm. Do you have other friends? If so you could ask them to lead you to her on that day while you talk about other subjects, this way you keep your mind off the bad thoughts. Also don't think at bad things, you're only fueling your fear.

Good luck and tell us how it worked!

edit: I saw one of your posts in another thread and understood why you do feel a bit overwhelmed by this. Either try to get one of those work-out bykes or a walking band or if you don't have the money just walk around the neighourhood or to college each day about an hour, it will help you with that. Like you said there it will also help you have more energy
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2011-04-12 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    i had the same thing about a girl almost 25 yrs ago & didnt do anything about it, even though we were good friends. she had no idea at the time & we lost touch. luckily facebook is around & we`ve been in contact for the last month or so & obviously talked about old times. my advice would be to go for it mate, you may only get the one chance

Deleted
    just ask her out, like your asking somthing else, easy as that, just be yourself and ask!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    This is slowly turning into help-me-date-someone champion.
    MMO-Champion is generally friendly community, so... Why not? It's not entirely anonymous, but you maintain the sense of privacy and you're not afraid of expressing your feelings, so.. For me, it's a great place to ask for such things! If you find people willing to answer you - it means that asking it here makes sense, simple.

Two words: grow balls. Nothing more I can say.

worst she can do is say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. I'm going to assume she doesn't have a boyfriend because you're contemplating going for it. With that said, if she doesn't have a boyfriend and frequently comes to school with hickeys all over you probably don't want anything to do with it. To me that just says "HAI IMA SKANK".

But, with that said. If you don't say something you'll probably regret it down the road, regardless of the outcome.

I though every girl was out of my league too. But what really was going on was my attitude. Girls can smell what you think of yourself and will react according to this. (Sounds weird, I know) Just walk like a boss and feel great. Girls will notice that and think of you as someone that knows what he is doing.

And ofcourse, just ask her. Make it a moment where you ask it confidently because that makes her think you won't do it for her looks but for her as a person. Because you already know her and she talks to you It probably won't be much of a problem. It's just a date? it's not like you rip her clothes off.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man up the worse she can say is no and you've grown some balls for the next fish in the sea

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    This is slowly turning into help-me-date-someone champion.
    From my perspective, this place is turning into 'help-me-build-an-i5 2500K-system champion'.

OT: High School relationships rarely work. I hope you aren't expecting magic to happen (although it can). The social overload of the public school setting messes with the potential for something real, not to mention the lack of maturity of teenagers. Doesn't hurt to get your feet wet early and learn off some mistakes though.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Ask her out, and don't loose your cool at any time.
    I been in your situation and i missed my chances. I still regreting it.

Like said before, ask her out or regret it for the rest of your life.

You must do it sober though, you want her to take you seriously. And if you have serious issues getting the words out of your mouth, write it down in advance. Practice on them. Practice more. If you can't get a good situation to ask her out, create one. It can be something as mundane as asking her to come speak with you for a sec. If you still fail getting the words out of your mouth, use your note. I think if she likes you she'll find it adorable / cute. Be open with her. If you're afraid of failing badly, just tell her you're not very good at this. Also, avoid cheesy lines, speak from the heart.

edit:
    I was in a similar situation as you. I didn't have the balls for it. Now, 10+ years later, I still regret it.

Deleted

Hum

Go for it worst case she said no. Last year of school so who cares. Best case you win =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole "the worst thing that can happen, is that she will say no" thing is complete crap.

I'm sorry but its not that you wont be going out with them that hurts the most, it's the rejection.

Yes you can and should ask her out if you like her, but always prepare yourself for feeling like crap, JUST IN CASE she says no ;/
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.