Post WLD with a twist (meaning W is replaced by Ret)

Hello

After failing to find a decent partner for a melee cleave, we decided to give a shot with a lock just for fun to help him get the cap. After 4 horrible losses we started going positive due to the lock fixing some of his glyphs (lol soul swap for ex)

Given the fact that the lock is still very low geared i would say that going 10-4 to end the evening was not bad at all.

Now, to be honest i would still give it a shot but unsure how this should be played. I know WLD is a top combo but with a ret? The wins we had were pressure all and ret forces a burst kill. Normally first kills were in 1-2 mins then some 10+ to end the game 3v2.

Any advices?
    A good sleep not only makes the life longer but also reduces the time spent at work

You gotta be a bit more specific about the rating u intend to play at. Comp really doesnt mean that much till 2200.

Well we just started so at the moment we are close to 1500 only but so far it s good as none of us are really experienced. We ll try and push it as much as possible but we are for sure not the players saying "wanna get glad". We ll take whatever comes

What i was looking for are some general strats for the specific team and also some pointers on if we ll be really disadvantaged by the team structure.
    A good sleep not only makes the life longer but also reduces the time spent at work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyden49 View Post
    You gotta be a bit more specific about the rating u intend to play at. Comp really doesnt mean that much till 2500.
    Fixed, u can faceroll to that rating with any 3 players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by motoucle View Post
    Well we just started so at the moment we are close to 1500 only but so far it s good as none of us are really experienced. We ll try and push it as much as possible but we are for sure not the players saying "wanna get glad". We ll take whatever comes

What i was looking for are some general strats for the specific team and also some pointers on if we ll be really disadvantaged by the team structure.
    I think you stared off with the right idea. Have the Warlock spread damage and then burst down a target with Wings once it reaches 50% and the Healer is feared.

I can see the comp having quite a good synergy. HoP can protect the Warlock from melee-trains and the Druid can fill in the CC gaps you can't fill.

-However, playing Melee + Caster + Healer always takes more coordination than playing a Cleave team. You'll need to gain experience while playing, but the comp has good potential. Don't be discouraged by losses.

-Gear matters, a lot. Especially for the Warlock. Like Priests, Warlocks need a lot of Resilience to "function" properly. Get as much PvP Gear as you can.

-Give it time. Arena success requires dedication and experience. As long as you make progress, you'll be fine. Don't get over-ambitious too quickly.