Thread: riddles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 44thsavage View Post
    gold

As it says, where did the 13th man come from?

Clever photo is clever.

I have no idea to explain this, but I'll try... Moving 5 from the left over on the right side, while 4 from the right to the left, but it the guy standing the highest in the air isn't moved to another guy's previous spot... This motherfucker doesn't make any seeeense! Q_Q

-------

Also, noone has answered my riddle correct yet ^^
    Last edited by mmoc19ad86984a; 2011-04-14 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    the answer to your riddle is do you know the answer to my riddle lol, I have no freakin clue
    whats on spelled backwards? but thats not realy a riddle is it? oO

and about the video, hes not moved to another guys previous spot, but when were there legs and a head added?

Deleted
    the answer to your riddle is do you know the answer to my riddle lol, I have no freakin clue
    whats on spelled backwards? but thats not realy a riddle is it? oO

and about the video, hes not moved to another guys previous spot, but when were there legs and a head added?
    I have no freaking idea. Optical illusion I'll bet...

----

It's actually a really lame and simple question, but everyone I've ever asked this riddle go nuts over it... :l It's not 'on' backwards, opposite of yes or 'do you know the answer', and has nothing to do with death (however, keep thinking of this one, just to give a clue), oh and if you answer yes to it, it'd be a lie.
    Last edited by mmoc19ad86984a; 2011-04-14 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    right, i'll give you a 2nd then ^^.
    there are 4 girls, and there are 4 apples in a basket.
    they all take an apple but theirs still one left in the basket, how is this possible?
    Women cant count?

As regards to the video, the guy that is lowest on the screen when the picture changes barely has anything taken from him, he still looks complete, as for the guy highest on the screen, so when the picture shifts it does not match them up with another half, therefore they become extra.

Deleted
    I have another one.
    Three, let's say dwarves, live in a land behind the mountain. Thus far away from civilisation.
    They decide they need a football, so they send one of them to the town far far away to buy one. They don't know how much it is, so they each give him $10, for a total of $30.
    When the chosen one finally gets to the town, he finds the football to cost $25. He buys it and starts his way back. On this way, he thinks about what to do with the $5 he got back, and decides to give everyone (incl himself) $1 refund and keep the remaining $2 as payment for his long way.
    SOOO, now every one of the three has effectively paid $9. 3x$9=$27. He kept $2. 27+2=$29. Where is the missing $1?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I have another one.
    Three, let's say dwarves, live in a land behind the mountain. Thus far away from civilisation.
    They decide they need a football, so they send one of them to the town far far away to buy one. They don't know how much it is, so they each give him $10, for a total of $30.
    When the chosen one finally gets to the town, he finds the football to cost $25. He buys it and starts his way back. On this way, he thinks about what to do with the $5 he got back, and decides to give everyone (incl himself) $1 refund and keep the remaining $2 as payment for his long way.
    SOOO, now every one of the three has effectively paid $9. 3x$9=$27. He kept $2. 27+2=$29. Where is the missing $1?
    In your bad math lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    In your bad math lol
    I have told this riddle to many people, and had to solve it myself for most of them, though they were not particularly under-educated. There was but one who came up with the correct solution on the spot, and he was a master of analytical thinking (a chess master).
    I believe if you don't have it written down you don't spot it as easily

Deleted
    I have another one.
    The remaining 1 was his own to begin with.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have another one.
    LOL nice try
    3x9 =27.
    27 minus 2 (which he got for the trip) = 25
    Price of the ball = 25. therefore there's no money left. (which is correct)
    No need to get back to 30 if there wasn't 30 to start with (3x9)

OR like this:
    30-25 = 5
    5 - (3x1) = 2
    That's the 2 he got for the trip.

Deleted
    I have told this riddle to many people, and had to solve it myself for most of them, though they were not particularly under-educated. There was but one who came up with the correct solution on the spot, and he was a master of analytical thinking (a chess master).
    I believe if you don't have it written down you don't spot it as easily
    haha

Didnt he keep 3 instead of 2? 2 for the way back and 1 as a refund. It boils down too 2+1 dont it, or what am i missing here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguera View Post
    The remaining 1 was his own to begin with.
    Incorrect answer!
    The one he got back is already included by the $9 everyone paid.

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkeltoe View Post
    LOL nice try
    3x9 =27.
    27 minus 2 (which he got for the trip) = 25
    Price of the ball = 25. therefore there's no money left. (which is correct)
    No need to get back to 30 if there wasn't 30 to start with (3x9)

OR like this:
    30-25 = 5
    5 - (3x1) = 2
    That's the 2 he got for the trip.
    Exactly correct answer.
    The trick is that 27+2=30???? is the incorrect approach, 27-2=25 is correct, and if you just hear instead of read the riddle, this is really hard to get a grip on.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-04-14 at 12:21 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly correct answer.
    Woot Can I bee chez mazter noa??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    haha

Didnt he keep 3 instead of 2? 2 for the way back and 1 as a refund. It boils down too 2+1 dont it, or what am i missing here.
    That 1 was already included when saying "everyone paid $9".

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have another one.
    Talking about the $2 travel fee was deceptive. That's built into the $27. The other three was returned to the 3 dwarves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkeltoe View Post
    Woot Can I bee chez mazter noa??
    hehe no I think you have to master some tournaments for that :P that was just to say that every single one had to at least think about the riddle (some at least said "there's something wrong here" but couldn't spot it), but this one was like, yeah it's wrong, 27+2 is bogus, 27-2 it is. I guess part of that chess mind is questionning every move (or itc, every word).

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JosetteCen View Post
    Talking about the $2 travel fee was deceptive. That's built into the $27. The other three was returned to the 3 dwarves
    Exactly that's what's so hard to spot when you're just told the riddle. Try it, you'll be surprised how many people are fooled by it if you tell it right!

Here's how the optical illusion works for the 13th man.
    First I counted how many in the rows which went 3 2 2 3 2 and then after the switch it becomes 3 3 2 3 2. So obviously the "trick" comes in the second column, so I watched carefully. It's the spacing between all the people on the back row (and the guy on the farthest right which is almost on the back row) that catches you. When you watch it carefully, you'll want to see who gets placed on which shoes. You'll also notice in the picture the buy in the back center has tiny ass little stubby legs, it's because of how much they had to cut off from the guy with the blue arrow to make it work.

So you're "mystery" man is the guy with the yellow arrow (he's also missing half his feet as there wasn't anyone standing there to begin with), hehe.

Picture answer!

*edit* You know, I never really caught it before, but the guy that starts in the upper left has an erection.
    Last edited by Vynistra; 2011-04-14 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguera View Post
    I have no freaking idea. Optical illusion I'll bet...

----

It's actually a really lame and simple question, but everyone I've ever asked this riddle go nuts over it... :l It's not 'on' backwards, opposite of yes or 'do you know the answer', and has nothing to do with death (however, keep thinking of this one, just to give a clue), oh and if you answer yes to it, it'd be a lie.
    Are you sleeping?

Now mine.

What has 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs at noon and 3 legs in the evening?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    Are you sleeping?

Now mine.

What has 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs at noon and 3 legs in the evening?
    I hate that riddle, as it makes no sence. The answer is man, a baby crawling, a man walking and a old man with a stick. It's the correct answer but makes 0 sence.

Anyways, what do rich people need that poor people have?

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 12:37 PM ----------

gold

As it says, where did the 13th man come from?

I love that one, the 13th man is composed of tiny bits of each man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    I love that one, the 13th man is composed of tiny bits of each man.
    It's actually just about 98% of one man.