Deleted

Sanctuary on PTR (build 13875)

I read about the 35% healing increase which seems to have been implemented but read nothing about sanc no longer causing Echo of Light.
    Is it just a bug on ptr, intended change, am I doing it wrong?

Whilst I'd greatly appreciate the reduced green spam on my screen when casting it, it seems rather counter productive seeing as removing the benefit from mastery largely undoes the buff given to it.

The echo was so small it really doesn't even matter.. it ticks for like.. 15
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    The echo was so small it really doesn't even matter.. it ticks for like.. 15
    mastery = 25% of healing. = 25% nerf to sanc. your numbers may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    mastery = 25% of healing. = 25% nerf to sanc. your numbers may vary.
    For you to have an Echo of 25% output, you'd have to be neglecting quite a bit of other stats. Your own mastery is floating at 20.2%, over 6 seconds.

To drop that "over 6 seconds" and buff Sanctuary by 35%, is a net increase of 12%. But not only is it a net increase, but it's also a functional increase. When you use Sanctuary, it's not that you want more healing ticking passively "over 6 seconds" after the spell ends. It's the whole "oh gods it burns it burns oh gods people are going to die aaaah". Having its output trailing behind through a HoT counteracts its ability to help your burst output, and its effectiveness at "sustained" output is pretty pitiful.

Numbers wise, it's a net buff. Mechanics wise, it's a significant improvement. Given the nature of Echo of Light, it's also probably a bug fix too (but seeing as it's not very well used, Blizzard probably didn't care at the time). In line with keeping these improvements, it's still not a Healing Rain, so I'm happy.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-04-16 at 07:05 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~