Help me work out.

I'm a pretty small guy and I want to build some muscle, getting strong isn't that big of a concern for me, but getting bigger would be helpful.

If anyone could give me any tips (like a workout routine and everything), that would be greatly appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to tone yourself up as opposed to gaining muscle mass, the easiest way is a simple 30min workout routine every day, 5mins of pressups, 5mins of situps and a 15min run (with 1 / 4min of buffer time between activities). Do it 3 days / day rest / 2 days / day rest, your body has to rest between events.

With it only being 30mins, it's best to schedule it first thing... get out of bed 30mins earlier and smash it out before work. Firstly it's out of the way, and secondly it gets you really pumped for the rest of the day.

It doesn't require any special equipment or expensive body-builder supplements, and the exercise will scale as your fitness improves.

At first you may be lucky to get 100 pressups and situps from those 5min periods (your arms will get very heavy around the 3min mark!) but as you get stronger and your technique improves, you can easily double or triple that. The run you want to look at 3mins of jogging for a warm-up, 10mins of dead sprint and 2 mins for a cooldown.

Key things:

- Warm up and cooldown: you will feel less shit the next day, and your muscles will tone faster.
    - Technique: Don't smash out 50 shitty pressups instead of 20 good ones... the good ones are far better for your physique.
    - Diet: Don't stop eatting what you like... just make sure you get some good fruits and veg in you, and drink plenty of water and not so much soft drinks.
    - Stick at it: It may take you two or three weeks before you even notice a change to your physique, don't fret... take note of your progress each day, pressups, situps and run distance and you'll see that you are improving.
    - Stick at it: Raining outside? Man up and run anyway. Out on the piss last night? Man up and get cracking anyway. Up all night doing the wifes daily quest? Get up and get cracking.
    - Stick at it: Seriously... most important thing.

Good luck mate. I used this method to prep myself for my territorial army selection, went from a couch potato to passing comfortably in under three months.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    If you want to tone yourself up as opposed to gaining muscle mass, the easiest way is a simple 30min workout routine every day, 5mins of pressups, 5mins of situps and a 15min run (with 1 / 4min of buffer time between activities). Do it 3 days / day rest / 2 days / day rest, your body has to rest between events.

With it only being 30mins, it's best to schedule it first thing... get out of bed 30mins earlier and smash it out before work. Firstly it's out of the way, and secondly it gets you really pumped for the rest of the day.

It doesn't require any special equipment or expensive body-builder supplements, and the exercise will scale as your fitness improves.

At first you may be lucky to get 100 pressups and situps from those 5min periods (your arms will get very heavy around the 3min mark!) but as you get stronger and your technique improves, you can easily double or triple that. The run you want to look at 3mins of jogging for a warm-up, 10mins of dead sprint and 2 mins for a cooldown.

Key things:

- Warm up and cooldown: you will feel less shit the next day, and your muscles will tone faster.
    - Technique: Don't smash out 50 shitty pressups instead of 20 good ones... the good ones are far better for your physique.
    - Diet: Don't stop eatting what you like... just make sure you get some good fruits and veg in you, and drink plenty of water and not so much soft drinks.
    - Stick at it: It may take you two or three weeks before you even notice a change to your physique, don't fret... take note of your progress each day, pressups, situps and run distance and you'll see that you are improving.
    - Stick at it: Raining outside? Man up and run anyway. Out on the piss last night? Man up and get cracking anyway. Up all night doing the wifes daily quest? Get up and get cracking.

Good luck mate. I used this method to prep myself for my territorial army selection, went from a couch potato to passing comfortably in under three months.
    Thanks alot! Some really good feedback, I'll start working on this right away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post

Key things:

im going to try this