Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been working on some busts/commissions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Kitteh!! Btw did anyone like my Noblegarden n bunneh post?
    Yes, of course we did

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Decided I wanted some practice in coloring with Photoshop, so I found an old drawing that I had copied from a picture (that I can't find any longer) a couple of years back, and ended up with this... Might not be a complicated process, considering I just splashed on some color and filters etc, but it was time demanding and fun ^^

I also have a pressure print of a draenei at school, but the teacher who has it doesn't technically work there, so she won't be there until she comes to give us our grades, and by then I'll have forgotten the whole thing, so... meh :/

Also: Love the Noblegarden post ^^
    Last edited by Telanore; 2011-04-22 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/gUlKyl.jpg
    It already looks like it's 100+ degrees and the first thing she does is break out the fire totem. Silly trolls!
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Hello again fan art thread! Is Friday again, and by god I think all my homework is done (and if it's not I'm really tired of playing phone tag over my immunization records anyway).

You guys are posting awesome stuff, as always. :3

(if you need help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUFcfXgW_dQ )

I hate the photoshopped/edited "fan art" like most of the stuff in this thread > <

Soon my masterpiece of speedy will be done... Wait and see a beautiful piece of art!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqera View Post
    I hate the photoshopped/edited "fan art" like most of the stuff in this thread > <
    Lol well, we hate whatever your hobby is too, I guess.
    Last edited by emilylorange; 2011-04-22 at 04:55 PM.

Haters gonna hate!

Hate hate hate hate -> Chappelle's Show Player Hater's ball, google it!

Soon my masterpiece of speedy will be done... Wait and see a beautiful piece of art!
    This is going to make me sound like a mega bitch, but if you honestly think that digital art happens like this: http://akhirah.deviantart.com/favour...et=72#/d19vblm, then I hope you get a nasty, long lasting charley horse in your drawing hand. :/

Digital art is different from traditional in some minor aspects, but both take time, patience and creativity.
    Funny enough, my skill in digital painting has actually enhanced my traditional painting skills.

By the way emilylorange, I love your comics and style. It's so playful!
    Last edited by Rachel; 2011-04-22 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    This is going to make me sound like a mega bitch, but if you honestly think that digital art happens like this: http://akhirah.deviantart.com/favour...et=72#/d19vblm, then I hope you get a nasty, long lasting charley horse in your drawing hand. :/

Digital art is different from traditional in some minor aspects, but both take time, patience and creativity.
    Funny enough, my skill in digital painting has actually enhanced my traditional painting skills.

By the way emilylorange, I love your comics and style. It's so playful!
    Ha! I love it. People who think photoshop does all the work for you probably have never opened it before in their lives.

Also, thank you

Deleted
    wow,awesome <3

If you don't want us to rip on your art don't rip on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrass View Post
    If you don't want us to rip on your art don't rip on others.
    I am not ripping on others. I am stating my opinion, which is that the photoshopped "fan art" is not as "pretty" as hand drawn "fan art". It is still great, but I do not like it compared to hand drawn art. In fact, I hate it compared to hand drawn art. I understand that digital "fan art" is hard to do and takes a lot of creativity, time and skill. Nevertheless, I myself prefer the hand drawn art

Also, I have not drew or uploaded any art into this thread yet. I plan to draw speedy (the pet) from wow soon and upload it. I know people will rip on my drawing as it will be done by hand and not look fantastic (my drawing skills are awful! haha). But it shall be fun to do

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    People who think photoshop does all the work for you probably have never opened it before in their lives.

Also, thank you
    I happen to have Photoshop (CS5) and use it daily; it is a great piece of software. I am quite competent at using it. Of course, it does not "do it all". It takes time, practice and a good few tutorials to get your "art" (Or whatever it happens to be you're working on. I certainly do not use it to create digital art like you do.) as you want it. Once you learn such things, the software does essentially "do it all" - in a few clicks.

I would like to note, that not once did I say that digital fan art did not take time/patience/skill etc. This was just assumed and then the various insults towards me began. Just to clarify, I was merely saying I prefer hand drawn art to digital art, "like most of the stuff in this thread". However, your reactions did make me giggle I meant no harm.
    Last edited by Jaqera; 2011-04-22 at 10:05 PM.

I am not ripping on others. I am stating my opinion, which is that the photoshopped "fan art" is not as "pretty" as hand drawn "fan art". It is still great, but I do not like it compared to hand drawn art. In fact, I hate it compared to hand drawn art. I understand that digital "fan art" is hard to do and takes a lot of creativity, time and skill. Nevertheless, I myself prefer the hand drawn art

Also, I have not drew or uploaded any art into this thread yet. I plan to draw speedy (the pet) from wow soon and upload it. I know people will rip on my drawing as it will be done by hand and not look fantastic (my drawing skills are awful! haha). But it shall be fun to do

I happen to have Photoshop (CS5) and use it daily; it is a great piece of software. I am quite competent at using it. Of course, it does not "do it all". It takes time, practice and a good few tutorials to get your "art" (Or whatever it happens to be you're working on. I certainly do not use it to create digital art like you do.) as you want it. Once you learn such things, the software does essentially "do it all" - in a few clicks.

I would like to note, that not once did I say that digital fan art did not take time/patience/skill etc. This was just assumed and then the various insults towards me began. Just to clarify, I was merely saying I prefer hand drawn art to digital art, "like most of the stuff in this thread". However, your reactions did make me giggle I meant no harm.

See, you stated that you 'hate' digital art first, then said it wasn't your thing, then once again stated that you hated it. That's just plain rude. Do you see anyone here stating their 'hatred' for traditional art? No. You come in here and the very first words you type are rude and smug. Art is art, and no matter what anyone says, everyone's art here is worthy, whether it's been done with copics, pens, pencils, paints, or a tablet and stylus. It seems to me you're just insecure and trying to make yourself feel better by implying that traditional art is better.

And for fuck's sake stop referring to digital art as "art." As I've already said, art is art, no matter what tool was used.

There is also no such thing as "the software does essentially "do it all"- in a few clicks." I have spent days and hours on digital paintings. I paint pretty much how a traditional artist paints. The only major differences are that I don't have to clean up, and I don't have to spend wasted hours trying to mix paint properly.
    Oh, and also for your information some people are extremely allergic to oils and acrylics, that's why they use the digital medium.

There is no difference between digital and traditional art only the medium used and it takes discipline to look at the screen rather than the tablet to draw. You insult us digital artists posting our work and other digital artists and I would like to say you also insult the professionals in the industry that are the very reason we draw fanart. Not everything they do is for the job alone, even they do fanart. It is the way you expressed your opinion. Had you simply said "I like traditional art more than digital" we wouldn't be having this discussion however there was no reason for you to make your opinion aloud as you did. You could have easily said, "I'd like to see more traditional art please," and no one would be the wiser.

And no the software does NOT "do it all" in a few clicks. I know photoshop like the back of my hand and I still must work for hours if I must on my art. Yes there are tricks you can do to make certain effects but you still must work for it and even more so to make it achieve believability. The effort is the same between traditional and digital. Todd Lockwood is an excellent example.

Think before you post please.

EDIT: Posted this during the time Rachel's was posted..

Everything she has said I 110% agree with. Yeah I don't have to clean up and I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars for materials and brushes and I also don't have to worry about my paint drying up or my markers becoming useless.
    Last edited by Zaebrael; 2011-04-22 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    share the love guys don't hate! D: my pen tab is broken so i had to draw with my mouse. ._.

i have to say i love seeing the brush strokes on a painting, but i also love the crazy intense detail you can get with working on a computer, both mediums have there advantages. so love no hate. :3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

I can't say what I want to without an infraction, so I'll say the PG version: You are a jerk. Contribute something positive or get out. Your attitude is not welcome.

Since your smug post is best summarized as 'lol why u so mad tho', I'm guessing you're just a troll anyway.
    Last edited by emilylorange; 2011-04-22 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    share the love guys don't hate! D: my pen tab is broken so i had to draw with my mouse. ._.
    *huggles*
    i have to say i love seeing the brush strokes on a painting, but i also love the crazy intense detail you can get with working on a computer, both mediums have there advantages. so love no hate. :3
    Ahaha that is adorable. *brofist* you said it.