Thread: Mortal Kombat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The new game is astonishingly outstanding. They did the impossible: they turned MK into a real fighting game, complete with juggle combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The new game is astonishingly outstanding. They did the impossible: they turned MK into a real fighting game, complete with juggle combos.
    Oh, MK's ALWAYS had juggles, you just had to time everything just right Granted, they made it a little easier this time around, but I love the fact that they just removed that craptastic combo system (Brutalities, anyone?) and replaced it with the simpler MK2 combo system. Though, most combos are still chaining specials together to brutal effect, just like it's always been

I noticed lag online as well. It's not terribly bad but bad enough for me to blame all my losses on it I think Smoke has to be one of the cheapest players ever. I like to play with slow people, so he just teleports around and smacks my face haha. My favorite X-Ray move would have to be Baracka's. It's so brutal. He freakin stabs you in the throat and eye with his blades

10+ Year Old Account
    The new MK is just perfect, huge amount of content, awesome online, awesome story mode. I didn't notice any lag playing online (PS3) but only played for a day since the PSN is now down.

Finally a good MK since UMK3, the moves are there, the Fatalitys are there, the Babalitys are there, don't know about Animalitys since i don't think anyone as found how to do one yet... everything goo about MK was done again in this one, and then some more. Just love it.

Live seem to has some nasty lag issues. I'm having significant trouble pulling off combos simply because of the lag making inputs go through so late.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm on 360 as well, and i think the game is awesome. my gamertag is SilentSniper576

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    Live seem to has some nasty lag issues. I'm having significant trouble pulling off combos simply because of the lag making inputs go through so late.
    i'm noticed the lag too but it is only on occasion, so it isn't unbearable.

my brother and i beat tag team ladder without geting a gameover today :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    ermac is my shit! MK9 is rediculously awesome... havent played online yet cuz im honing my skillz hahaha

yea my little brother plays as ermac and i play as scorpion, we wrecked goro, both rounds took a combined total of 41 seconds :P, and we beat shaokkhan 2-1(no game overs woot!)

Deleted
    I have only 2 words for you good sir but let me tell you something first. I love it. Best fighting game ever.Oh yeah back to the 2 words.

FINISH HIM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loag View Post
    I noticed lag online as well. It's not terribly bad but bad enough for me to blame all my losses on it I think Smoke has to be one of the cheapest players ever. I like to play with slow people, so he just teleports around and smacks my face haha. My favorite X-Ray move would have to be Baracka's. It's so brutal. He freakin stabs you in the throat and eye with his blades
    Yeah, I think they took the servers down to maybe fix the lag. Has anyone been on since? Are they even back up? I was playing with a friend all night tonight on the tag team ladder. Our first game took only 10 minutes, I was Scorpion and he was Kano, a pretty damn good combo IMO, no game overs. After that though, it was late and we were just baaaaaaaaad (and I didn't have my arcade stick I'm so much better with it). One of the worst combos we had trouble with when it got late was Jax and Sindel, holy crap was that broken.

I've stated playing Ermac more fiercely as well, and well, I'm getting really good at chaining his specials D, B, X then B, F, X then D, B, B button into an uppercut is pretty brutal

Clethus: Even if you hone your skills offline, online ranked matches are a totally different beast, there are some good players on there. I would suggest just diving into the online matches to get good, it's really the only way.

My gamertag is kantii on XBL, let's group up whoever's down for some tag team matches.

My brother and I have been doing 2v2 online together. Me = Johnny Cage, Brother = Scorpion.

Mortal Kombat 9 is casher than cash, and has finally given me a reason to put down Marvel vs Capcom 3 for good. I plan on taking it to GameStop on Monday.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Yea MvC3 was a big let down compared to SF4. I hope Mortal Kombat competes in tournaments with SSF4:AE. It's about time MK came back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The old ones already had it. Only the 3d ones were crap.