Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha if all these guild leaders start kicking everyone like this blizzard will find out eventually and just scrap the perks and leveling system elitist ugh i mean cmon you have all these people contributing and for what to be kicked at the very end of the jubilation of finally hitting a team effort long awaited goal my guild is 24 at the moment and would never do this. Is this fair, yes to the people that just sit their and troll ( and i dont mean ask newb question ya know from the newbies themselves. you were one too) it isnt fair to the people that worked and helped to meet that goal. Its kind of a one sided deal gm sits their you work then your fired
    Last edited by helmaroc; 2011-04-23 at 02:22 AM. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    Then you are also an incredible ass. They didn't tell people they would be doing this, they wasted everyone's time, etc. If they had problems with specific people, then kick those specific people. But you don't kick everyone after exploiting them for no reason.
    An incredible ass who runs an extremely successful guild. I'm pleased with my guild, and i couldn't care less what random idiots (both ones i kicked, and you) think. Run along with your holier-than-thou attitude, i'm sure it'll kill some raid bosses.

Dick move. The guild master sounds like a person with a very bad character. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that. The guild master exploited the working force and booted them when they were of no use. What an asshole!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Sark View Post
    An incredible ass who runs an extremely successful guild. I'm pleased with my guild, and i couldn't care less what random idiots (both ones i kicked, and you) think. Run along with your holier-than-thou attitude, i'm sure it'll kill some raid bosses.
    Make sure to add boss killer to your resume for your future employers.
    They might be just as impressed as pretty much 99% of this forum.

My issue like others have stated is that he (and the small elite in the guild) never voiced their intentions on kicking people after they reached level 25 from the start. Plus, you give random people invite powers and you actually wonder why your guild is Trade Chat 2.0? Really? Are you THAT stupid to not realize ahead of time this was going to happen?

I'm going to guess that they knew all along and that "experiment" was just an attempt to save his ass a tiny bit. I can understand kicking people who were inactive or were the dredges of the WoW community (trolls, ninjas, etc.), but to kick the people that were actually being productive, helpful, and signing up for things was just wrong. Out of 900+ people they could have probably found at least 10 decent people to form another 10 man group with and kept some valuable players. Instead, they alienated those who did nothing wrong and actually helped the guild along. This was clearly a scam, and I hope they get some repercussions for it. They've already severely damaged their guild's reputation on the server, what goes around comes around. If they ever in the future have a need to recruit you bet they will have a much harder time getting people.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

"An incredible ass who runs an extremely successful guild. I'm pleased with my guild, and i couldn't care less what random idiots (both ones i kicked, and you) think. Run along with your holier-than-thou attitude, i'm sure it'll kill some raid bosses. "

You know that it's just a game? You aren't more successful than the people you are bashing on, because in the end, your playing a game. You are just another insignificant asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Nice, play the RL card on an internet gaming forum. Good one, hotshot. I'll have you know i've never had an issue finding employment when i need it.

Any other unfounded assumptions you're interested in throwing out? "HE HAS A DIVERGENT OPINION. MUST HAVE NO LIFE LOL"

Nice, play the RL card on an internet gaming forum. Good one, hotshot. I'll have you know i've never had an issue finding employment when i need it.

Any other unfounded assumptions you're interested in throwing out? "HE HAS A DIVERGENT OPINION. MUST HAVE NO LIFE LOL"
    The world would be better if it didn't have people like you. Hope you feel good about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    The world would be better if it didn't have people like you. Hope you feel good about yourself
    And wishing death upon me because i present an opinion not in line with yours. It gets better and better.

And wishing death upon me because i present an opinion not in line with yours. It gets better and better.
    I'm not wishing death, just stating that the world would be better without people with your character.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpain View Post
    This link (http://www.theluckystrikes.net/) was shared by a member of The Lucky Strikes (guild) on wowarmory.
    If you are worried about your position in a guild following level cap, read one guild's approach.

Do you think this is fair or acceptable?
    Do you think this could happen to your guild?
    Do you think the guildmembers should have any rights or bargaining power (unionslol)?

EDIT - And here's a response from some one who was kicked from the guild:
    -GM/officers have the right to kick anyone they want for any reason they want.
    -Sure, it could.
    -Nope.

I'm not wishing death, just stating that the world would be better without people with your character.
    Yeah your a real jerk for saying that man. Never wish something like that on someone!

On the contrary, the world is run by people of this sort of character. You think Larry Summers is thinking about the common man while sitting on the economic council of advisers? Ha, give me a break. Those who can exploit others get ahead, whether you like to admit it or not. What we know as society and the world around us is held in place by people with far worse intentions than i.

Quote Originally Posted by Valist View Post
    Yeah your a real jerk for saying that man. Never wish something like that on someone!
    Didn't wish anything. Just saying that the world without people exploiting other people, would be better.

I don't think they did anything wrong.

not really. The whole world is based on exploiting and being the best. even evolution agrees with this. (if you believe in evolution). if everyone was nice to each other, patted each other on the back, and held the door open for the next person the world would progress at a slower pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't read the entire thread, so this may have been said already

Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

omg i loved that letter haha im a GM if a lvl 25 guild i have over 700 members and guild chat is ok i can say that but honestly u do get some stupid questions like today a lvl 85 shadow priest asked what haste does .. im not inviting any more and i kick any 1 who starts drama or causing problems or offline for 1 month with out so much as a "im afk for a bit" they have no guild powers and they have 3 guild tabs (no accese to flasks or enchants mats or blue gems they can buy them form the bank for cheaper then AH) and everyone in my guild gets up to 200g repair bill a day but some ppl are just sponges and i even find grays or inn keeper food and water in the bank -_- (ignore spellings dislextic and nerly 4am) again .. i love that letter haha xD

Deleted
    You get randomly invited to a guild and don't see what's wrong with that? You deserve feeling bad for getting kicked, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Bad comparison.

However, adding boss kill on future application for guilds (if he ever finds a new one) that figure is important.