Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    It will not make things quicker. It will slow them down. That's obvious.

And you dared to call my statements stupid. LOL?
    That's pretty much what everybody in this thread said so far.

Anyway, there's not enough tanks around at the moment and it seems that Blizzard are trying to get more people to tank at low levels with the hope they will enjoy it and still tank at 85.

Deleted
    Uhhh that's wrong. Every tanking board I post on, tanks wear dps gear in 5 mans because without Vengeance stacking, missing a single attack is the difference between holding threat and not holding threat when your dps is actually competent.

And it's not just rage tanks. It's all tanks. Even DKs and paladins have threat issues. Especially paladins. In fact, I haven't met a paladin tank that can hold threat off my dk dps yet.
    You are the absolute worst kinda of player/know-it-all/self-righteous douchenozzle....

Who gives 2 squirrel shits whether you agree with tanking heirlooms or not, as has been said in this thread countless times: If you don't like them, don't use them!

Stop trying to show off how much you know about tanking and how everyone else is inferior to your immense, god-like knowledge of tanking.

NEWS FLASH

NOBODY CARES

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Have you said anything other than the same "TANKING HEIRLOOMS ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE IM SO GOOD AT THIS GAME" yet?
    Uhhh yeah. I've posted exactly why it's better to ignore avoidance stats while leveling a tank. I've used experience and knowledge to back up my points.

If you're on every tanking board then you know then people are plenty capable of maintaining threat with Vengeance without dps stats. I never have any trouble with any of my tanks with holding threat and I have little hit or expertise. If you're taking threat as dps are you sure you're targetting the tank's Skull or main target? This sounds like L2P issues to me. Real tanks avoid damage.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hankitg View Post
    and how everyone else is inferior to your immense, god-like knowledge of tanking.

NEWS FLASH

NOBODY CARES
    This is the fastest moving thread I've ever seen on these boards. To say that nobody cares is obviously not only false, but the opposite of reality.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're seriously upset about us getting tank BoAs? =\

I've leveled 3/4 of the tanks, only missing warrior. I welcome the tank BoA's and will gladly use them.
    I am a filthy casual!

So I have a novel idea. Maybe the issue isn't itemization, talents, RNG, gear etc. Maybe, it's just that you are not a very good tank and can't hold aggro? Honestly accept this feedback. Maybe you are just fricking terrible at your priorities or don't know how to manager your cooldowns? You want to blame it on something, so you say you are rage starved and blame it on Blizz? I donno, but it seems like a much simpler explanation that all the crazy shit you are saying.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    If you're on every tanking board then you know than people are plenty capable of maintaining threat with Vengeance without dps stats. I never have any trouble with any of my tanks with holding threat and I have little hit or expertise. If you're taking threat as dps are you sure you're targetting the tank's Skull or main target? This sounds like L2P issues to me. Real tanks avoid damage.
    I was actually talking about bosses. I can easily, without trying, strip boss threat off a tank in a 5 man unless he prioritized threat over avoidance. Real tanks gear for the content they are tanking.

Deleted
    This is the fastest moving thread I've ever seen on these boards. To say that nobody cares is obviously not only false, but the opposite of reality.
    Again, you miss the point.

Nobody cares about your self aggrandizement. Or your attitude.

That being said, a lot of people seem to care about tanking heirlooms.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    You're seriously upset about us getting tank BoAs? =\

I've leveled 3/4 of the tanks, only missing warrior. I welcome the tank BoA's and will gladly use them.
    Where did I say I was upset? I'm curious as to why Blizzard wasted time and resources creating something that has zero use. That's all.

This is the fastest moving thread, because your ignorance is entertaining

Edit: Not ignorance, but arrogance

it's the fastest moving one cause you got everyone here reading, raging about how someone as stupid, arrogant, ignorant, and full of yourself can possibly write on a computer. we're all baffled by it tbh :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreth View Post
    This is the fastest moving thread, because your ignorance is entertaining
    QFT /10chars

Nice attempt at saving face. I just wrecked your post man. Of COURSE tanks try and take more damage to tank 5 mans better. They've been doing this for years! This is obvious! If you don't know this, then you don't know anything about tanking. In Wrath, I would actually "tank" my daily 5 man in ret spec. Or I would stay a tank and my healer would go dps. We would never do 3 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer. We would do 4 dps and 1 tank or 4 dps and one healer. Why? Because the damage input was too low to be threatening.

We are almost at that point in Cata heroic 5 mans. We've always been at that point in leveling 5 mans. Durp.
    Welcome to Cata. That's not going to happen for a while. Probably not 2-3 more tiers for ret tanks, and groups will still be DESTROYED by not understanding mechanics. I'm looking at you, Stonecore...

As for tanks "taking more damage to tank 5 mans better", that's blatantly WRONG. They're not changing gear to tank more damage. They're shifting to threat sets, which have the DISADVANTAGE of taking more damage. It's viewed as a disadvantage. It's KNOWN as a disadvantage. But it's part of being a tank - you have an avoidance set, a threat set, maybe even on that's a mix of both. Or maybe you have a block set for Anub heroic. Or a resist set for SSC/ Sindra. Or maybe a stam-set for a magic boss.

See the trend? Different sets of gear for different things. NONE are focused on "taking more damage".

Also, using wrath heroics, particularly near the end of wrath, is just silly. That's not the same as leveling AT ALL. Especially not cata normals WHILE LEVELING. Bring in 85s and it changes.

Deleted
    I also enjoy how this guy seems to think his opinion is fact, and that Blizzard know less than him.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silenti View Post
    So I have a novel idea. Maybe the issue isn't itemization, talents, RNG, gear etc. Maybe, it's just that you are not a very good tank and can't hold aggro? Honestly accept this feedback. Maybe you are just fricking terrible at your priorities or don't know how to manager your cooldowns? You want to blame it on something, so you say you are rage starved and blame it on Blizz? I donno, but it seems like a much simpler explanation that all the crazy shit you are saying.
    No, it's hit and expertise. There's nothing I can do to stop all my abilities from failing to land except for gearing for more hit and expertise.

ALL good tanks have multiple tanking sets. I have avoidance focused gear for Chimaeron, mastery focused gear for most of the rest of the bosses, stamina focused gear for anything heavily magical like Ascendant Council, and hit / exp capped gear for content I outgear. Right now, that's just 5 man heroics. By Firelands, if I tank BoT or BWD I will use threat focused gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need surgery. Why does surgery exist? Kinda the 'vibe' I got when reading the OP.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Uhhh yeah. I've posted exactly why it's better to ignore avoidance stats while leveling a tank. I've used experience and knowledge to back up my points.
    You've stated opinion and tried to yell down anyone that disagrees with you.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

And DK's can solo two heroic 85 bosses at the same time

just because 1 person did it,doesnt mean everyone can

While DD gear is perfect for up to 80, in the newer instances they would be quite nice actually (at least back and helmet)