Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wow. Just wow.

Sounds bloody excellent JS, thanks for all your time and effort again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Sounds bloody excellent JS, thanks for all your time and effort again.
    ^^ This! My latest UI has pretty much been built around your add-on so far and I love it. Excellent work and I'm really looking forward to seeing what your hardwork has pulled off with Serenity!

15+ Year Old Account
    JS, what if you could add an indicator that stayed with the end of the current focus bar? So for example, you could always see what your focus would drop to if you used Arcane Shot. This would allow you to focus dump and not risk dropping below the needed focus for Chimera Shot.

Another thing you could do is color code the bar based on this. For example, if you can Arcane Shot without falling below the Chimera Shot threshold, bar could be normal orange focus color. If you were to fire Arcane Shot and it would drop you below Chimera Shot threshold the bar could be yellow. If you don't have enough focus for Chimera, bar could be red. This is probably similar to what the bar coloring already does.
    Last edited by Leggomyeggo; 2011-04-15 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leggomyeggo View Post
    JS, what if you could add an indicator that stayed with the end of the current focus bar? So for example, you could always see what your focus would drop to if you used Arcane Shot. This would allow you to focus dump and not risk dropping below the needed focus for Chimera Shot.

Another thing you could do is color code the bar based on this. For example, if you can Arcane Shot without falling below the Chimera Shot threshold, bar could be normal orange focus color. If you were to fire Arcane Shot and it would drop you below Chimera Shot threshold the bar could be yellow. If you don't have enough focus for Chimera, bar could be red. This is probably similar to what the bar coloring already does.
    Got it covered already. Almost everything in Serenity is dynamic, which is making it take longer to code.

Forgot to add in the option to make the timers horizontal or verticle, so adding that in tomorrow morning and finishing the code to make the timers actually work. Once that's done, the other modules will be downhill because of semi-reusable code.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome man. I look forward to seeing the release.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Got it covered already. Almost everything in Serenity is dynamic, which is making it take longer to code.

Forgot to add in the option to make the timers horizontal or verticle, so adding that in tomorrow morning and finishing the code to make the timers actually work. Once that's done, the other modules will be downhill because of semi-reusable code.
    In regards to the timers, will they be attached to the bar or will we be able to move them around? My current UI has your bar in the middle of my screen flanked by unit frames. I'd really like to be able to have the verticle bars above my unit frame instead of the dead centre of my screen which is used for DBM alerts and such.

Quote Originally Posted by XanderJS View Post
    In regards to the timers, will they be attached to the bar or will we be able to move them around? My current UI has your bar in the middle of my screen flanked by unit frames. I'd really like to be able to have the verticle bars above my unit frame instead of the dead centre of my screen which is used for DBM alerts and such.
    Every set of timers is it's own object. Meaning, yes - to answer your question.

You can move any set of timers, individually. I'll have a pre-set (per class) of timers, such as Duration set and Cooldown set. You can move either set to your heart's content. On top of that (unlike JSHB), you can also put a background texture behind where the timers move.

I've fully completed the options for the timers now. Implementing them now. I wanted to have this done this weekend, it's raining and shitty outside in Chicago - so I'm trying to keep on track with that plan.

BTW. When timers are done, I will have an alpha up for people to test the timers. I will probably need to open a new web site with forum for support, as the current forum I support on is basically dead (guild is done). I'm still where I was guild-wise, but don't see a point to using a dead forum for support.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Every set of timers is it's own object. Meaning, yes - to answer your question.

You can move any set of timers, individually. I'll have a pre-set (per class) of timers, such as Duration set and Cooldown set. You can move either set to your heart's content. On top of that (unlike JSHB), you can also put a background texture behind where the timers move.
    Fantastic, sounds better and better with every post!

I will probably have an alpha up for people to actually test the new timers. Actually see how in depth the configuration can be.

When I release this, later, it will have default timers (that I forget for the alpha) as JSHB does now. Probably going to use what's in JSHB and just duplicate the timer functionality.

Things that may *not* be in the alpha for timers are spin effect (probably not in the alpha), grow and flash will be. BTW, these effects can be combined.

Had timers going great until I noticed that I forgot some minor options for them, added that, now back to finishing the timers.

As I said, this will be an alpha. There will probably be bugs in things like profiles, as I haven't checked the copy functionality 100% yet, I needed to re-think how it works because of copying a profile from say a Hunter to a Mage later.

Aside from RL aggro from my GF, the weather has been cold so I've been working on this quite more than I normally would. Hoping for a full hunter class release in the next couple weeks - if things keep moving as smooth as they are now.

Oh yeah, I decided to change the frame movers (blocks that show when you unlock the frames). If you have a backdrop or border on the frame, the mover will also use the same backdrop and border so you can see positioning for your UI better.

Deleted
    Awesome work

Fixing minor glitches now (actually I think I got em all). Just need to add some options for the actual timers tomorrow and ill post this for alpha testers to play with the new timers. I think I have everything working on them now....

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 01:34 PM ----------

As promised. So people can see what's taking so long....

http://www.transcended.us/index.php/...HA-Testing#125

This will only work for HUNTERS. If you want to test out the timer changes, please do. Please provide feedback.
    I am really hoping this is everything people can want in timers. Read the thread where the file is posted for details on whats not working, whats being worked on, etc.

This is for *testing and feedback* only. I would NOT use this in a live raid or instance. There are probably bugs.

If you find errors, please post on the thread on the site with the file. Not here.

Thank You!

Just completed all the code for the timers. Need to still add the backdrops and borders code and options for the actual timers, but that's only a day or two's work.

Updated the pre-alpha link to the current with all the timer features now working.

Deleted
    JS, is there any option to change the buffs/debuffs that slide down the bar to the being static and have a spin-a-round clock thingey with timers in the middle? i have searched in all the options and i cant figure it out, and if not will it be available in serenity

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    JS, is there any option to change the buffs/debuffs that slide down the bar to the being static and have a spin-a-round clock thingey with timers in the middle? i have searched in all the options and i cant figure it out, and if not will it be available in serenity
    Set them up as left or right in the timer config. As for the Cooldown clock-thingy, no. The addon does not create a "cooldown" frame. But you can set the timer to put it's remaining time in the center position.

Serenity will do this better, no plans for adding in the cooldown frame off release, but it can be done.
    Serenity's Icons (Like JSHB Timer Icons - left or right) are created in "sets". You can have multiple sets of icons that you define. This allows better flexibility for UI designer to position a single icon in 1 spot, a group of icons in another, etc. Plus Serenity will have effects other than alpha fade for the icons.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 09:58 AM ----------

Working on the Focus bar now, really hope I can get it knocked out before I go home today. I am coding in an order where I can remove JSHB and just use Serenity to get some better live testing done.

On the bright side, Timers are 100% complete right now, fully functional. I made some changes to the backdrop settings (border and background) because I noticed I could not get the exact effects I wanted, but can now.

Once the basic focus bar is in and working, I'll post another pre-alpha for people to play with.

BTW: In current pre-alphas, profiles are messed up. I need to fix that, so if you test - do not play with the profiles as of yet. I need to determine some things based on code that's not written yet. Profiles are actually going to be a bitch just because of the need to support multiple classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the release of patch 4.1 today, the Hunter Bar is broken at the moment. Is there an ETA on an update for the add on? I really like the addon, so I'm hoping it gets updated soon.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I've been using it since i noticed.
    I love it to death D
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

Deleted
    I just wanna say your addon is awesome Really great for any spec'd hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    With the release of patch 4.1 today, the Hunter Bar is broken at the moment. Is there an ETA on an update for the add on? I really like the addon, so I'm hoping it gets updated soon.

Hurry JS!!
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by -Aendos View Post
    Hurry JS!!
    I'll have an update out tomorrow morning for JSHB, and add in SUF support for MD.

Just minor stuff till serenity is done. But on the bright side I got the next module (the focus bar) re-implemented today. Moving on to other things tomorrow after I update JSHB.

Sorry, had a bad day at work today, no time for much.

BTW: Only thing I see not working is the chat stuff (MD announce etc). Everything else works fine - just Load Out Of Date Addons till tomorrow.